Ph.D (IIT-Delhi), Masters in PM&IR (Gold Medalist)
HR in Mergers & Acquisitions, Career & Succession Management, Learning & Development, Strategic Human Resource Management, Strategic Staffing.
Employee Reactions to M&A, Integration Issues in M&A, Leader Member Exchange, Learning Organisation & Change, Employee Engagement & Knowledge Management.
Research and Publications
- “Impact of Learning Organization Attributes on Organizational Performance” Under Review.
- “Organisational Learning and Work Engagement: Study of an IT organization”. Accepted for publication in the Indian Journal of Industrial Relations, January 2014 issue.
- “HR as business partner during mergers and acquisitions” Human Resource Management International Digest, Vol.20, No.2, 2012.
- “Strategic HR Integration and Proactive Communication during M&A: A Study of Indian Bank Mergers”. Global Business Review. Vol.13. No.2. Sep- Dec, 2012. Sage Publication. With two co-authors.
- “Knowledge Management Process in Two Learning Organizations” Journal of Knowledge Management. Vol.15, No.2, 2011. Emerald Publication. With one co-author.
- “Empowerment: A Necessary Attribute of a Learning Organization? Organizations and Markets in Emerging Economies. Vol.1 No.2. (2), 2010. Emerald Publication. With one co-authors
- “Employee Reactions to M&A: Role of LMX and Leader”, Leadership and Organization Development Journal, 2009, Volume 30, No.7, 604-624. With two co-authors.
- Learning Enabling Structure Scale: Validating a Measuring Instrument. Indian Journal of Industrial Relations. July, 2010, Vol.46. No.1 Co-authored with Bijaya Mishra.
- “Do learning organizations differ in their culture and reward patterns? Apr-June, 2008, “Productivity” co-authored with Bijaya Mishra & Amulya Khurana.
- “Development of Organizational Change Questionnaire”, January-June, 2007, “Global Business Review” Bijaya Mishra & Amulya Khurana.
- “Construction of a Learning Enabling Structure Scale (LESS)” Management & Change, 2006, Volume 10, No.1,p. 33-42 Bijaya Mishra & Amulya Khurana.
- “Ethical Issues in Change Management: An Empirical Study, Journal of Human Values, January-June 2003, Volume 9, No. 1, p. 19-28 co-authored with K.T.Bhal & C.S.Venkata Ratnam.
- “Achieving Excellence through Corporate Governance” Personnel Today, July-September, 2002, Volume XXIII, No. 2, p. 7-39.
- “Challenges before Indian Trade Unions in the face of New Global Order: Response from Trade Union Federations” presented at the 54th ISLE Conference held in Banaras Hindu University, 20th – 22nd Dec, 2012.
- “Communication and HR Integration: Study of a Bank Merger” presented in the 15th IIRA World Congress at Sydney, 24-27 Aug-2009.
- “Labour reforms without tears: Indian Context” presented at the Indian Society of Labour Economics Conference at Patiala, 11th-13th Dec, 2009.
- “Organizational Learning Capability and Job Satisfaction” presented at the Third Global Forum on Emotional Intelligence and Leadership Conference held in Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai, 5th-6th March, 2010
- “Employment Relations in a global economy: A paradigm shift” Invited paper presented and published in the proceedings at the 13th IIRA World Congress, Sept 8-12, 2003, Berlin.
- “Knowledge Management Processes in two software organizations: A Grounded Theory Analysis” Invited Paper presented and published in the proceedings of the 12th Asia Pacific Management Conference, Nov 17-19, 2006, AIT Bangkok.
Sponsored Projects / Consultancy:
- Recently completed (June 2012) Employee Engagement Survey for Executives & Non-Executives of Indian Oil Corporation Ltd (IOCL)
- SCOPE Awards for Overall Public Sector Excellence, 2010
- SCOPE Meritorious Awards for Best HR Practices among PSUs. 2008 -2010
- HR Restructuring for Industrial Infrastructure Corporation of Orissa (IDCO) 2008
- Provided consultancy to Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Management (Central University) 2008
- Employee Engagement Survey for IOCL in 2007
Management Development Programmes
Organised a large number of MDPs for public and private sector clients. Some of the clients are GMR Group, EIL, Indian Oil Corp, NTPC, FAB India, Hero Honda, Hindustan Zinc Limited, Vedanta Alumina, Indian Economic Service, Indian Statistical Service, Nokia Siemens Networks, Jindal Steel and Power Limited, Idea Cellular Limited, Vodafone Services, SAIL, Tata Power Limited, BEL, etc.
Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad from Aug 2013
International Management Institute, IMI, Delhi 2007 – 2013
Visiting Professor to IIM Rohtak, 2013
Adjunct Professor to IIM, Kozhikode during academic year 2009.
Adjust Faculty to the Dept of Management Studies, IIT-Delhi. 2009.
Visiting Faculty to IIM Lucknow, Noida Campus, 2010-2-12.
Teaching Assistant at IIT-Delhi from 2002-2007.
Program Chairperson, PGDHRM, 2010-2012 at IMI Delhi.
Member of the Admissions Committee at IMI during 2010-2012.
Member of the Academic Council at IMI during 2010-2011.
Hostel Warden, IMI Hostel, during 2011.
Global Colloquium on Participant Centered Learning at Harvard Business School, Boston June 2012.
Case Writing Workshop conducted by Richard Ivey School and ISB Hyderabad, 2008.
Member of the Selection Board of NHB, Delhi
Jury Member of the NASSCOM Next Practices HR Awards 2012
Achievements and Awards
Gold Medalist at the University Level for securing first class first position
Fellowship from ILO for visiting to Freie University, Berlin to present research
Scholarship from IIRA to present an invited paper at the 15th World Congress at Sydney, 2009.