PhD: Kurukshetra University, 1995
Masters 1: MBA, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra, 1992
Bachelors: B.Sc., Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra, 1990
Core: Marketing Management
Electives: Retail Management, Consumer Behaviour
Consumer behaviour, retail marketing and brand management
- Mishra, Sita (2011)“Perception of Youth towards 3G Technology in Mobile Phone in India,” International Journal of Business Innovation and Research,Vol.5, no.1, pp 89-101
- Mishra, Sita (2011)”Consumers’ Response to Marketing through Social Networking Sites in India” International Journal of Indian Culture and Business Management, Vol.4,no.4. ,436-452
- Mishra, Sita and Routray, Susmi (2011) “IT enabled Mass Customization as a Tool for Bond Building – an Indian Case Study”, International Journal of Business Information Systems , Inderscience, Volume 7, Issue 1/2.,136-148
- Mishra, Sita (2010) “Participation of Youth in Social Networking Sites in India”, International Journal of Business Innovation and Research, Vol. 4, No. 4., pp 358-375
- Mishra, Sita (2010) “Web Aggregation in India: E-business models in New Economy”, International Journal of Business and Emerging Markets, Vol. 2, No.3., pp 252-266.
- Mishra, Sita (2010)“Internal Marketing- A Tool to harness employees’ power in service organisations”, International Journal of Business and Management, Vol.5, No.1., pp 185-193
- Bindu Gupta and Mishra, Sita (2010) “Effect of Emotional Labour on Emotional Exhaustion: A Study of Retail Sector in India”, International Journal of Indian Culture and Business Management, Vol. 4 No. 1.,73-87
- Mishra, Sita (2009) “A Conceptual Framework for Creating Customer Value in E-retailing in India” South Asian Journal of Management Vol.16, Issue 4, pp.127-147.
- Mishra, Sita (2009) “A Paradigm Shift from Pyramid to New Multifaceted Consumer Class in India and its Impact on Organised Retailing”, Journal of Marketing and Communication, Sep to Dec, Vol. 5,issue 2,pp 23-33
- Mishra, Sita “Assessing B-School students’ Attitude toward Business Ethics: a study from India” accepted for International Journal of Management in Education,2011
- Mishra, Sita (2009) “GIS in Indian Retail Industry- A Strategic Tool”, International Journal of Marketing Studies, Vol.1, No.1, May , pp 50-57
- Mishra, Sita. and Gupta, Bindu (2009) “Work Place Motivators and Employees’ Satisfaction with Organization: A Study of Retail Sector in India”, Indian Journal of Industrial Relations, Vol.44, No.3, Jan, pp. 501-519
- Rishi, Bikramjit and Mishra, Sita (2009) “Training outsourcing in Indian telecom sector: Critical Success Factors”, International Journal of Indian Culture and Business Management, InderScience, Vol 2, No. 6, pp.670-85
- Routray, Susmi and Mishra, Sita. (2009) “Designing a Value-Added e-business Model through Information Aggregation: An Indian Case Study”, International Journal of Business Information Systems, Inder Science, Volume 4, Issue 3, pp 311-323
- Singh, B.D. and Mishra, Sita (2008) “Indian Retail sector- HR challenges and Measures for improvement, Indian Journal of Industrial Relations, Vol.44, No.1, July, pp. 99-111.
- Mishra, Sita (2008) “Predictive Effectiveness of Alternative Preference Elicitation Techniques for mobile phones in India”, Management & Change, Journal of IILM, June 2008, Vol 12, No.1, pp 35-50.
- Mishra, Sita (2008) Business models for entry of FDI in Indian Retail Market and its impact, Review of Professional Management , Volume 6, issue1, Jan-June.
- Mishra, Sita (2007) “The Effectiveness of Different Preference Elicitation Techniques in predicting choices for mobile phones”, Nirma University Journal of Business and Management Studies, Vol.2, No. 1&2, July-Dec 2007,pp.25-35
- Mishra, Sita and Muralie, Sushma (2007) “Thinking Beyond Mass Media: Changing Trends in Marketing Communication”, Journal of Marketing and Communication, Sep-Dec.,2007, Vol.3, issue 2
- Assessing the perception towards social networking and professional networking sites
Assistant Prof, New Delhi Institute of Management (June 2005-Nov 2006) Lecturer, Asia-Pacific Institute of Management (Apr 2002-May 2005)
Other Professional Experience
Marketing Officer in Marketing Division ,M/S Malvika Steel Ltd., Jagdishpur (from Oct’95 to May 2001)
Part-time & consulting Engagements
- Review panel of many International Journals, AIMA, many other b-schools in NCR
- Refree for Pragyan, IMS, Dehradun Journal of Management …..
- Free lance writer for the CHINDIA journal, POSRI, S. Korea.
- Management Development Programmes for ONGC, Dominos, OBC etc
- Faculty Development Programmes at FMS, BHU, Varanasi
Recent Conference attended
- Paper presented on “Luxury and Lifestyle retailing- The India Story’ at International conference on Business and Economics organized by International Journal of Arts & Sciences, at Bad Hofgastein, Austria during May 30-June 3,2010
- Paper presented on “Attitude of B-School students’ toward Business Ethics” at Seventh AIMS International Conference on Management , IIM Bangalore,December 20-23, 2009
- Paper presented on “Managing Knowledge in Marketing : a Tool for Competitive Advantage”, at International Conference on Knowledge Management and Intellectual Capital (ICKMIC 2009) jointly organized in association with World Capital Institute, Mexico and Centre for knowledge Systems Tecnologico de Monterrey, Mexico, at IMT Campus, Ghaziabad during 26th -27th Feb., 2009
- Presented a paper in ICMCI Conference on “Gaining Competitive Advantage by Managing Innovation and Creativity in Organisations, ICMCI Conference, 9-10th Jan, 2009
- “Value Creation in E-retailing: a New Business Paradigm for Creating Competitive advantage” presented at International Conference on Innovation in Redefining Business Horizon (IIRB 2008) jointly organized in association with Association of Indian Management Schools(AIMS), India, University of New Castle Australia, and Euromed Marseille Ecole de Management Domaine France, at IMT Campus, Ghaziabad during 18-19 December, 2008.
- Presented a paper in International Conference on Green Marketing, Organised by Institute of Management Technology and Henkel (25th Sept to 26th Sept, 2008)
- Presented a paper in Conference on Information Science and Technology Management, Organised by Virginia Commonwealth University, Confederation of Indian Industries, New Delhi, and IIT, Delhi, India (31st July to 2nd Aug, 2008)
- Presented a paper in an International Conference on Services Marketing (SERVSIG), Organised by University of Liverpool, U.K. (5th to 7th Jun’ 08).
Achievements and Awards
- Attended a workshop on Marketing Engineering for Excel, at ISB, Hyderbad
- Attended a workshop on AACSB accreditation at Hyderabad
- Attended a workshop on SPSS.
- Attended a course on computers latest packages
- Attended a Case Study Development Course at AIMA.
- Completed a course in Internal Auditor Training Organised by TQMI
- Attended a course organised by TQMI in Quality System Implementation Cum Documentation