Amrita Kamalini Bhattacharyya
Area: Economic Environment and Policy
Dr. Amrita Kamalini Bhattacharyya did her Ph.D in Economics from Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India. She teaches Macroeconomics, Behavioral Economics for Managers and Business, Government and Society. Her research interest lies in the field of corruption economics, lobbying and rent- seeking, corporate social responsibility. Journal articles authored by her have been published in International Journals such as Economics and Politics, Studies in microeconomics. She is currently working on multiple projects such the technology adaptation on India Post and the role of non-governmental organisations on CSR practices of corporates. She has worked in collaboration with many foreign universities to conduct studies on coal, limestone mining practices of Jharkhand and Uttarakhand mining areas. She is a committed educator and an enthusiastic learner.
She obtained her Ph.D from Jadavpur University in 2020
She has two years of experience of working in the development sector and one year of teaching experience.
- Marker competition, pricing strategy, Anti-trust laws and Cartels.
- Corruption economics and lobbying strategy.
- Application of qualitative method on Mining.
- Game theory and strategic interaction, Signalling
- Have been teaching in the management development programme offered by UpGrad in collaboration with IMTG.
- Has been taking multiple course on the PGDM Executive programme.