Ph.D. (Econ) from IGIDR Mumbai
PG Diploma in Development Policy from IGIDR Mumbai
M.Sc. (Econ) from University of Burdwan
B.Sc (Econ Hons) from University of Burdwan
Applied empirical Macroeconomics, Macroeconomics and financial markets, Macroeconmics in emerging markets, Industrial Organization
Research and Publications
- A re-look at sectoral linkages in more recent Indian data, Indian Journal of Economics & Business (IJEB), Vol.9, No. 4, (Dec. 2010)
- Choice of Policy Priority between Agriculture and Non-Agriculture, ANALYTIQUE (quarterly journal of Bombay Chambers of Commerce & Industries), Vol. VI, No.5, April –June 2010
- Interest Groups or Incentives: The Political Economy of Fiscal Decay’ (with Ashima Goyal): Published in R. Correa and L. G. Burange (eds.) “Reforms, Institutions and Policies: Challenges Confronting the Indian Economy”, Mumbai: Himalaya Publishing House, 2004
- Clearing And Settlement Mechanism for Trades in Indian Corporate Debt Market – A Road Map (Co-authored with V. Ravichandran & Binayak Pal): Published in “RAKSHITRA – Quarterly Newsletter of the Clearing Corporation of India” Vol II No. IV (January – March 2004).
- Strategic Effect on Renting and Selling in a Durable Goods Market under Exchange Rate Uncertainty (Co-authored with Sougata Poddar): Published in “Effect of Globalisation on Industry and Environment” edited by Dr. Rajat Acharyya and Dr. Bhaswar Moitra, Lancer Books, New Delhi, 2001.
- Exchange Rate Uncertainty and Durable Goods Monopoly (Co-authored with Sougata Poddar): Discussion Paper 99-155, IGIDR and Working Paper (2000/06) at National University of Singapore.
- Renting or Selling – A Strategic Choice in a Durable Good Market (Co-authored with Sougata Poddar), Discussion Paper 99-155, IGIDR and Working Paper (2000/06) at National University of Singapore
- India’s energy boost: Impact of oil and gas find on Indian GDP & Current A/c – November 2008 (HSBC Economics Research)
- India: Looking for the leads – introducing lead indicator of industrial growth – June 2008 (HSBC Economics Research)
- Finding USD370bn: Can India finance her infrastructure needs? – October 2006 (HSBC Economics Research)
Besides there have been several other reports/ publications for external clients of HSBC as well as for the internal clients of STCI, Axis Bank and SGRF.
- “A re-look at sectoral linkages in more recent Indian data”, presented in IGIDR Money Finance Conference March 11-12, 2010.
- “Renting or Selling – A Strategic Choice in a Durable Good Market” (Co-authored with Sougata Poddar), presented at ISI Delhi winter school. 1999.
- “Exchange Rate Uncertainty and Durable Goods Monopoly” (Co-authored with Sougata Poddar), Presented at the conference on “Economic Theory and Policy” held at the Centre for Economic Studies and Planning, School of Social Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, during 28-30 October 1999.
- “Strategic Effect on Renting and Selling in a Durable Goods Market under Exchange Rate Uncertainty (Co-authored with Sougata Poddar)”, Presented at the “9th Annual Conference of the Department of Economics, Jadavpur University, on the Contemporary Issues in Development Economics” held on December 17 and18, 1999.
Management Development Programmes
As an NIBM faculty coordinated training programs in the areas of:
- Credit Rating & Risk Assessment
- Forex Risk Management & Derivatives
- Treasury Support! Services for Integrated Treasury Management
IMT GHAZIABAD, Professor Economic Environment and Policy, 2015-tilll date
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF BANK MANAGEMENT, Assistant Professor in the Area Group of Money Banking and Finance, Pune, India, 2001 – 2002
STATE GENERAL RESERVE FUND, Ministry of Finance, The Sultanate of Oman Economist, Business Strategy Department, Muscat, Oman. 2012-2015
AXIS BANK Ltd, Vice President Business & Economics Research, Mumbai, India. 2009 – 2012
HSBC GLOBAL BANKING AND MARKETS KNOWLEDGE CENTRE, FSA registered Economist with particular responsibility of covering India and building and mentoring a team of economist and Fx analyst, Bangalore, India. 2005 – 2009
SECURITIES TRADING CORPORATION OF INDIA Ltd, Chief Economist & Assistant General Manager, Mumbai, India. 2002-2005
Part-time & consulting Engagements
Achievements and Awards
Rank holder in the M.Sc.(Economics) 1991-93 program of The University of Burdwan.