Area: OB & HR
Fellow Program in Management from IIM Ahmedabad;
MBA from Institute of Management Studies, Devi Ahilya Vishwa Vidyalaya, Indore
• Building and Leading Effective Teams
• Business Ethics
• Human Resource Management
• Organizational Behaviour
• Training and Development for Better Performance
• Advanced Course on Human Resource Development
• Organizational Behaviour
• Strategic HRM & International HRM
• Issues related to Contemporary Careers
• Career Success
• Gender Issues in Management
• Change Management
• Learning & Organizational Development.
Research and Publications
Research Papers in Peer-reviewed Journals:
- Saxena, R. (forthcoming). Muddling through the passage of qualitative research: Experiences of a novice researcher. Vision: The Journal of Business Perspective, refereed journal of Management Development Institute, Gurgaon.
- Abhishek & Saxena R. (2016). Issues in measuring impact of a skill-building initiative for informal sector: A case of Nirman. Decision, Vol 43(4), refereed journal of Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta.
- Abhishek & Saxena, R. (2015). Realigning business strategy to cater to Customers with Disability (CwD) in the Indian context. Vikalpa: The Journal for Decision Makers, Vol. 40(2), refereed journal of Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad.
- Mishra S.K. & Saxena, R. (2011). Voice or neglect: Understanding employee behavior in two multinational corporations. Indore Management Journal, Vol. 3(1), refereed journal of Indian Institute of Management, Indore.
- Saxena, R. & Bhatnagar, D. (2009). Gendered career patterns within dual career couples. Article published in the Colloquium on ‘Gender and Workplace Experience’ in Vikalpa: The Journal for Decision Makers, Vol. 34(4), refereed journal of Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad.
Case and Teaching Notes:
- Teaching case- Nirman: A skill building initiative for semi-skilled workers in informal sector (Case No. RJMC0032), registered with Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad. (With Abhishek).
- Teaching note for the case- Nirman: A skill building initiative for semi-skilled workers in informal sector (T.N. No. RJMC0032TN), registered with Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad. (With Abhishek)
- Teaching note for the case- The Odyssey of Savita and Krishna (T.N. No. OB0213TN), registered with Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad. (With N. Vohra & D. Bhatnagar)
- Saxena, R. (2013). Review of Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead – a book by Sheryl Sandberg. Vikalpa, Vol. 38(4), refereed journal of Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad
- Soaring on wings of aspiration and support: A study of married Indian women professionals staying away from families to pursue higher studies (W.P. NO. 2013-10-04). Working paper registered with Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad. (With D. Bhatnagar)
- Methods for the study of downsizing: A review (W.P. NO. 2006-12-01). Working paper registered with Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad.
Select Conference Papers:
- Saxena, R. (2017). Exploring career success via Island Analysis. Paper accepted for presentation in 33rd EGOS Colloquium, Copenhagen, July 2017. (Co-authored)
- Saxena, R. (2017). Minding the Gap (s): Development and Validation of a Cross-Cultural Measure of Subjective Career Success. Paper accepted for presentation in 3rd Global Conference on International Human Resource Management, New York City, May 2017. (Co-authored)
- Saxena, R. (2016). Views on career success across the globe. First steps towards a world map of Career Success. Paper presented at the annual meeting of Academy of Management, Anaheim, California, August 2016. (Co-authored)
- Saxena, R. (2014). A cross culturally generated measure of perceived career success: Results of a three-stage study. Paper presented at the annual meeting of the Academy of Management, Philadelphia, PA, August 2014. (Co-authored)
- Saxena, R. (2014). Soaring on wings of aspiration and support: A study of married Indian women professionals staying away from families to pursue higher studies. Paper presented in the Work and Family Researchers Network (WFRN) Conference, New York City. (Co-authored)
- Saxena, R. (2009). Understanding voice and neglect behavior from organizational identification perspective: A Study of Two MNEs in India. Paper presented in Inaugural Conference of Indian Academy of Management (IAoM), XLRI, Jamshedpur. (Co-authored)
- Saxena, R. (2008). Top management’s imperative on trust during post-acquisition implementation phase: A case from India. Paper presented in India Special Conference of Strategic Management Society (SMS) ‘Emerging India: Strategic Innovation in a Flat World’, Indian School of Business, Hyderabad. (Co-authored)
- Saxena, R. (2008). The impact of trust and individual well-being on Organizational Citizenship Behavior (OCB) of employees: A conceptual note. Paper accepted for presentation in 7th International Conference of the Academy of HRD (Asia Chapter) ‘Ethics and Quality of Work-life for Sustainable Development’, Bangkok.
- Saxena, R. (2008). Impact of Cultural Fit over the Organizational Performance in the Post-acquisition Phase: A Case of a Medium-sized Manufacturing MNC in India. Paper presented in the 24th EGOS Colloquium ‘Upsetting Organizations’ in Sub-theme 21: ‘Organizations on the Move, and Related Cultural Dynamics’, Amsterdam. (Co-authored)
- Saxena, R. (2007). Home-coming of Talents: The ‘Brain Gain’ Phenomenon in India. Paper presented in the conference of Asia Pacific Researchers in Organization Studies (APROS 12), Management Development Institute, Gurgaon.
- Saxena, R. (2007). Suitability of Network Organizational Form for ITES Organizations: From Multiple Theoretical Perspectives. Paper presented in the conference of Asia Pacific Researchers in Organization Studies (APROS 12), Management Development Institute, Gurgaon.
Management Development Programs
- Executive Development workshops in Reliance Infrastructure Ltd. (2009 – 11)
- Conducted a one-day HR Training Workshop “SEWA-Bagh-e-Zanana Afghanistan Training” supported by Ministry of Commerce, Government of India and implemented through SEWA Gram Mahila Haat, Ahmedabad (2008)
- Conducted a one-day HR Workshop for MBA Students of B.K.School of Business Management, Gujarat University, Ahmedabad (2008)
Assistant Professor, IMT Ghaziabad (2017-till date)
Adjunct / Visiting Faculty at:
- IIM Kozhikode (2014 to 2017)
- T.A. Pai Management Institute (TAPMI), Manipal (2016)
- IIM Ranchi (2015)
- Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India (EDI), Gandhinagar (2014 and 2015)
- Institute of Rural Management, Anand (IRMA) (2014)
- National Institute of Agricultural Extension Management (MANAGE), Hyderabad (2014)
- National Institute of Design (NID), Gandhinagar (2012 and 2013)
- IIM Indore (2012)
- Course evaluation for women executives of Infosys Technologies Ltd. to participate in Infosys Women in Leadership (IWIL) Program conducted by IIM, Ahmedabad. (2011-12)
- Course evaluation for the Global Learning Resources Network of Duke Corporate Education. (2008)
- As an Organizational Advisor in Reliance Infrastructure Ltd. supervised 12 MBA students for their Internship Projects on Training and Development. (2009-11)
- Academy of Management’s Annual Meetings
- South Asian Journal of Human Resources Management (SAJHRM)
- Indore Management Journal
- Jindal Journal of Business Research (JJBR)
- Worked as Senior Manager (Learning & Organizational Development Initiatives) at Reliance Infrastructure Ltd. (2009 to 2011)
- Prior to joining FPM, worked with academic institutions like ICFAIAN Foundation and UPTEC Computer Consultancy Ltd. for teaching, content development and administrative roles (2000 to 2004)
- ADEPT-15 (ADaptive Employee Personality Test) certified by Aon Hewitt. (2016)
Part-time & Consulting Engagements
- Empaneled as Assessor and Consultant with Aon Services India Pvt. Ltd. The key deliverable is to assess the client candidates at Middle and Senior Management level on their Assessment / Development Centre assignments in association with Aon’s project team. Key client organizations served are from IT Sector, Financial Sector, Insurance Sector, Pharmaceutical Industry and a large conglomerate from a SAARC country. (2015-till date)
- As a Pro-bono Consultant assisted a Pune-based Business Intelligence SME PharmaForce Reports Pvt. Ltd. (Indian subsidiary of US-based MNC PharmaForce International Inc.) in developing their Human Resources policies and the HR Policy Manual. (2014-15)