Shalini Rahul Tiwari
Area: Strategy, Innovation and Entrepreneurship
PhD: Management Development Institute (MDI), Gurgaon.
Master of Business Administration (MBA), Agra University.
B.Sc. St. John’s College, Agra University.
FDPM from Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Ahmedabad, 2000 – 2001
Entrepreneurship and Business Development in India
Strategies for Emerging Markets
Strategy Development and Implementation
Knowledge Based View of Firms
Organizational Learning and knowledge Management
Networks and Competitiveness
Research and Publications
Books Published/Under Process
- Title of the book – ‘Dynamics of knowledge integration – Study of a large network’ ISBN no. 978-3-8454-0539-1, published by LAMBERT Academic Publishing, Germany, September 2011.
- Title of the book – ‘Innovative Management Education Pedagogies for Preparing Next-Generation Leaders’, In Process (expected by October 2015), to be published by IGI Global, USA.
Papers Published/Under Review
- Tiwari, S. R. ‘Indigene – Is small beautiful?’ The Case Centre, Reference no. 815-041-1, 2015.
- Shalini Rahul Tiwari and Rakesh Chopra, (2015), ‘Pukar – An Alice in Wonderland’, Emerald Emerging Markets Case Studies, vol. 5 issue 2, pp 1-20.
- Tiwari Shalini R. and Nafees L. ‘Akshamaala (A), (B), and (C)’ (Under Review), Ivey Publishing.
- Tiwari Shalini Rahul. (2015) – (www.wileyonlinelibrary.com) DOI:10.1002/kpm.1460) ‘Knowledge Integration in a Government-Industry project network in India’, Knowledge and Process Management Journal, vol. 22 no. 1, pp. 11-21, Wiley Publishing, 2015.
- Tiwari Shalini R. and Kainth J. (2014) ‘Malaysia Airlines: In search of a sustainable business model’, vol.4 no. 7, Emerging Markets Case Studies, Emerald.
- Tiwari Shalini R., Nafees L. & Krishnan O., ‘Simulation as a pedagogical tool: Measurement of impact on perceived effective learning’, The International Journal of Management Education, Vol. 12, 2014, Elsevier.
- Kainth J, Tiwari S.R. and Nafees L. ‘Creativa India (CI): Striving to lead the digital marketing landscape’, The Case Centre, Reference No. 314-136-1, 2014.
- Tiwari Shalini R. and Gupta R. (2012) ‘Dynamics of Knowledge Integration in Project Network’, International Journal of Business & Economics, Vol. 11, no. 2 2012.
- Tiwari Shalini R. and Chopra R. (2012) ‘Bata India Limited – Putting the best foot forward…’, ECCH, 2012
- Gurubuxani N. and Tiwari S.R. (2012) ‘Redefining Modern Indian Men – An insightful study of their attitudes and behavior’, IOSR Journal of Business and Management, Vol. 6, no. 1, 2012
- Rahul, S. (2010) ‘Transforming an Ugly Duckling – CISCOM’, International Journal of Management Cases, volume 12, issue 1.
- Rahul, S. and Rahul, M. (2009), ‘An assessment of the competitiveness of the BRICS nations with special focus on India’, Abhigyaan, volume 17, no. 1, April – June, 2009, pp. 28 – 43.
- Rahul, S. (2010), ‘Organizational Change through Effective Leadership – A case study of a government organization’, IIUM journal of Management Cases, volume 1, issue 1.
- Rahul, S., Rahul M. and Sahay A. (2008) ‘A Cluster Initiative to developing tourism in India’, Optimization – Journal of Management Research, Volume 1, no.2, 2008.
- Rahul S. and Rahul, M. (2008), ‘Determinants of network learning: A conceptual Study’, Management Dynamics, vol.7, no.2, 2008.
- Rahul S., Kalra S. and Sahay, A. (2007) ‘Entrepreneurial Characteristics and Motivation: A Study Of Entrepreneurs in NCR Region’, Effulgence, Vol. 5 No 2 July – Dec 2007.
- Rahul, S and Gupta, R. (2007), ‘From Organizational Learning to a Learning Organization – Journey of a Public Sector Organization’, GMJ, vol.1, issue 2, July 2007.
- Rahul S. and Rahul, M. (2003) ‘Management Perspective in 2010’, Pragyaan – Journal of Management and IT, issue 1, vol. 1, 2003.
Chapters in Books
- Tiwari, S.R. ‘A promenade down the memory boulevard,’ Qualitative Adventures in Management Research: Philosophy, Experiences and Research. Rajen K. Gupta and Richa Awasthy (Eds). Sage Publications (2014).
- Bhandari J., Rahul M. and Tiwari Shalini R. ‘Regional Economic Imbalances, Business and FDI in India’ in Promoting Socio-Economic Development through Business Integration eds. Shalini Kalia, Bhavna Bhalla, Lipi Das and Neeraj Awasthy, IGI Global, USA.
- Mishra A., Joshi D. and Tiwari S. R. (2012), ‘Unrelated Diversification: How Green and Efficient it is? A study of conglomerates and unrelated diversification.’ In Beyond Norms: Strategies for Excellence, eds. Chopra et al, published by Bloomsbury Publishing India Pvt. Ltd. In 2012.
- Tiwari Shalini R. et al (2013), ‘Exploring Performance, Quality & Sustainability issues of SHG’s in India’ In Sustainability & Development: Paradigm Shift in Knowledge Creation and Innovation, eds. Singh A. et al, published by Bloomsbury Publishing India Pvt. Ltd.
- Rahul S. and Rahul M. ‘Case Analysis on TI Cycles’, Vikalpa – Journal for Decision Makers, IIM-Ahmedabad, vol. 30, no. 2, July 2005.
- Rahul S. and Rahul M. ‘Case Analysis on Naukri.com’, Vikalpa – Journal for Decision Makers, IIM-Ahmedabad, vol. 30, no. 4, July 2005.
- Rahul S. and Rahul M. ‘Case Analysis on IT in Indian Railways’, Vision, Journal for Management, MDI Gurgaon, 2007.
- Rahul S. and Rahul M. ‘Case Analysis on Planet Health’, Vikalpa – Journal for Decision Makers, IIM-Ahmedabad, vol. 32, no. 2, July 2007.
- Rahul S. and Rahul M. ‘Case Analysis on Enercon India: Project Planning’, Vikalpa – Journal for Decision Makers, IIM-Ahmedabad, vol. 32, no.3, July-September 2007.
Papers Presented in International and National Conferences
Conferences Attended Abroad
- Rahul S., Nafees L, and Krishnan O. Paper titled, ‘Simulation as a pedagogical tool: Measurement of Impact on perceived effective learning’, presented at 27th ANZAM Conference, held at Hobart, Tasmania, Australia, December 4 – 6, 2013.
- Rahul, S. and Saxena, KBC., Paper titled ‘A prescriptive model of KI in a smart business network’ 2nd Smart Business Network Initiative, Beijing, China. A 5-day workshop having an academic and business orientation, 17 – 23 May 2008.
- Rahul, S. and Sahay, A., Paper titled ‘Strategic Integration of knowledge in a Business Network: towards a conceptual understanding’, 45th Conference of the ‘Eastern Academy of Management’, Washington, USA, 14 – 16 May 2008.
- Rahul, S and Gupta, R., Paper titled ‘ Strategic Learning in a Public Sector Organization – A Case study’ 12th Asia Pacific Management Conference – Managing Competitiveness in Knowledge Economy, Asian Institute of Technology, 17 – 19 November 2006, Thailand.
Conferences attended in India
- Paper presented ‘Strategic integration of knowledge in a business network: A triadic study’ 1st Doctoral Colloquium, IIM Ahmedabad, 3 – 5 January 2008
- Made presentation on ‘Advantage India – pertinent questions’ Issues in Emerging Economies, IP University, 13 – 14, November 2007.
- Paper titled ‘Organizational learning and knowledge management at STAR’, 11th International Conference on Productivity and quality Research (ICPQR), IIT Delhi, 3 – 5 December 2005.
- Presented ‘India shining – dream or reality’, National Conference on Emerging issues in Asia pacific economies, November 2007, IP University, New Delhi
- Paper titled ‘Evolution of Management thoughts and ideas’, International Conference on “Advances in Management and IT”, November 2003, IMS Dehradun
- National Conference and Workshop on communication for teachers, December 2000, IIM Ahmedabad.
- International Conference on ‘Poverty Reduction through Tourism’, November 20-22, 2008; Management Development Institute, Gurgaon, Haryana.
Select FDPs Attended
- Program on ‘Succeeding in Emerging and Developing Markets: Understanding how Institutions Impact Firms and Managers’ at George Washington University June 9 – 12, 2015.
- Program on ‘Blue Ocean Strategy’ at Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode: May 18 – 22, 2015.
- Program on ‘Engaged Learning – Motivation, Motivation Models and Methods’ at Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad: January 31 – February 1, 2014 conducted by Prof. Jagdip Singh, Case Western Reserve University, USA.
- Program on ‘Structured Equation Modeling’ at Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad: May 16 – 17, 2013.
- Program on ‘International Business Strategies’ at Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, New Delhi: June 24 – 28, 2013 conducted by Prof. K. Rangarajan.
- Program on ‘Doing Business in China’ at Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad: July 22 – 25, 2013 conducted by Prof. Birud Sindhav, University of Nebraska, USA.
Consultancy and Training (MDP) Experience
Consultancy Assignments for the following organizations –
- Dr. Lal’s Pathology – Feasibility Analysis for a stem cell research institute and Blood Bank.
- Dawar’s – Feasibility Analysis for international Marketing.
- Sachdeva Management Institute – Feasibility and Establishment of a Management Institute.
MDP’s have been organized and/or delivered as follows –
- Senior and Middle Level Officers of EIL – Strategic Thinking
- Senior and Middle level Officers at IOCL – Strategic thinking and Analysis.
- Probationary Officers (Indian administrative services and Allied services) – Strategic Thinking
- AMDOCS – Strategic Thinking
- PWD Employees – Basics of Strategy
- NIIT Imperia – Course on Strategic Management, Strategic Thinking, & Strategic Change.
- Officers from Indian Armed Forces – course on Strategic Management.
- Managers from MSME organizations – Strategizing for Success
Involvement in Other Academic activities
- Reviewer to various International Conferences such as Academy of Management Conference, USA; Eastern Academy of Management, USA; ICBMR, ICKM, ICPQR.
- Reviewer to various national journals and 2 international journals.
- Organized conferences and case study competitions.
- Institute of Management Technology Ghaziabad, August 2010 to Till Date
- Institute of Management Studies, Cantt Road, Dehradun, Uttranchal, India, 2002-2004
- Amity Business School, Noida, India, 2001-2002
- Sharda University (Hindustan Instt. Of Management and Computer Studies), Agra, Uttar Pradesh, India, 1998-2000
- Academy of Management Education, Agra, UP, India, 1996-1998
- Nestle India, positioned at Agra, 1995-1996
Achievements and Awards
- Awarded the prestigious ‘Dewang Mehta Award’ for the Best Teacher in General and Strategic Management.
- Completed Participant Centered Learning (Part 1) course – conducted by Harvard Business School.