Fellow, XLRI, Jamshedpur
MBA, BIT, Mesra
Business Research Methods
Marketing Management 1
Salesperson’s work values
Social and Ethical issues in Selling
Sales force effectiveness
Self-leadership Strategies Outcomes
Research and Publications
- Ramendra Singh & Rakesh Singh(2015), ” Sales Force Recruitment and Training”, in the Text Book- Ramendra Singh, Sales and Distribution Management- A Practice-Based Approach ( Vikas Publishing, ISBN 978-93259-9406-5)
- Ramendra Singh & Rakesh Singh(2014), ” Drivers of Salesperson’s Customer Orientation: A Work Value Perspective”, in the edited book- S.Sahadev et al.(eds)Boundary Spanning Elements and the Marketing Function in Organizations ( Springer , ISBN 978-3-319-13439-0 , pp 49-62)
- Singh, R., Kumar, N., & Puri, S. (2017). Thought self-leadership strategies and sales performance: Integrating selling skills and adaptive selling behavior as missing links. Journal of Business & Industrial Marketing, 32(5).
- Singh, R., & Venugopal, P. (2015). The impact of salesperson customer orientation on sales performance via mediating mechanism. Journal of Business & Industrial Marketing, 30(5), pp 594-607.
- Pavlos A. Vlachosa, Nikolaos G. Panagopoulos, Aristeidis Theotokis, Ramendra Singh & Rakesh K. Singh (2014), “When do corporate social responsibility initiatives impact on customer-facing employees? Evidence from India and the Netherlands”, The International Journal of Human Resource Management, Vol 25, Issue 22, pages 3086-3112. (ISSN:0958-5192).
- Agnihotri R., Rapp A., Kothandaraman, P and Singh, R. (2012) “An emotion-based model of salesperson ethical behaviors”, Journal of Business Ethics, Vol 109, Issue 2, pp 243-257 (ISSN: 0167-4544)
- Raj Agnihotri, Michael Krush, Rakesh K. Singh, (2012),”Understanding the mechanism linking interpersonal traits to pro-social behaviors amongsalespeople: lessons from India”, Journal of Business & Industrial Marketing, Vol. 27 Iss: 3 pp. 211 – 227. ( ISSN: 0885-8624).
- Ramendra Singh, Rakesh Singh, (2012),”Karma orientation in boundary spanning sales employees: A conceptual framework and research propositions”, Journal of Indian Business Research, Vol. 4 Iss: 3 pp. 140 – 157 ( ISSN :1755-4195)
- Singh, R. K. (2015). Sales Force and Supply Chain Management: A Network Perspective. In (Eds.), Supply Chain Management Professional (pp. 49-62).India: Institute of Supply Chain and Management
Reviews and Case Study
- Singh, R, Singh,R., and Beniwal, A., “The Bharat Times and its Vendors: Distribution Relationships in Newspaper Industry” in Cases in Business Marketing (co-edited by Pramod Paliwal, Ramendra Singh, and Sudhir Yadav), Tata McGraw Hill Publishers, 2013.
- Singh,R.,Singh,R., and Banerjee,D., “The mediation impact of selling skills on emotion regulation-sales performance linkage.” European Marketing Academy Conference(EMAC),2016, B I Norwegian Business School, Oslo, Norway, May 24 to May 28, 2016.
- “Effective Customer Orientation in Salespeople: Role of Salesmanship Skills, Emotion Regulation and Natural Rewards Strategies” AMS Doctoral Consortium, Reims, 2011
- “Salesperson’s Customer Orientation and Sales Performance Relationship: Moderating Influence of Salesperson’s Selling Skills, Self- Leadership Strategies and Emotional Intelligence” at MARCON, 2010, IIM Calcutta
- “Salesperson’s Karma Orientation: A Conceptual Framework and Research Propositions” (Co-authored with Ramendra Singh, Doctoral Candidate, IIM-A) Paper presented at AMA Marketing Educator’s Conference (winter), New Orleans (Feb, 2010). Paper published in conference proceedings.
- “Potential moderating influences of organizational and personal variables on customer-oriented selling-sales performance relationship”Paper presented at National Conference in Sales Management, Norfolk, Virginia. (March 25-March28, 2009) Full paper published in conference proceedings and abstract published in JPSSM.
- “Customer-Oriented Selling: Effectiveness Framework and Research Propositions”, a work in progress, presented at NASMEI 2009, held at Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai.
IMT Ghaziabad, 2014 -till date
Visiting Scholar: College of Business, University of Texas at Arlington, USA (2017)
Guest Faculty – IIM, Kolkata (2011-2013)
Visiting Faculty- JSB, Kolkata (2010)
A career spanning over 24 years in Bennett Coleman and Company Limited in sales and marketing function. Worked at several positions in North, East and North-Eastern markets. As Deputy General Manager-Results and Market Development (Kolkata), I was reporting to the Executive President and was involved in key marketing decisions including brand launches, pricing, channel optimization, readership research, direct sales planning, sales force recruitment and training, optimizing sales operations costs. Additionally, I served as a consultant for circulation development project at The New Age, Johannesburg.
Achievements and Awards
- Faculty Fellow – AIM-AMA Sheth Foundation Doctoral Consortium ( 2015, 2016 and 2017)
- Launched a new Bengali Newspaper brand ‘Ei Somoy’ in Kolkata and established it as No.2 in less than 12 months.
- BCCL Chairman’s Award – 2013
- Academy of Marketing Science Doctoral Consortium Fellow 2011
- ET-Power of Ideas – Special mention
- ET Awards Case Study Competition – second prize ( 2005 )