Rakesh K Singh
Area: Marketing Management
MBA (Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi)
Marketing Management, B2B Marketing, Sales Management, Marketing Analytics, Research Methods
Digital transformation of sales organizations, Self-leadership for salespeople, sales force productivity, value-based selling, responsible selling, and salesperson’s new product adoption.
- Ramendra Singh, Rakesh Kumar Singh, Diptiman Banerji, (2018) “Emotion regulation natural reward strategy linkage and its impact on sales performance: the mediating impact of salesmanship skills”, Journal of Business & Industrial Marketing, Vol. 33 Issue: 3, pp.353-364, https://doi.org/10.1108/JBIM-10-2016-0236.
- Ashish Kalra, Raj Agnihotri, Nawar N. Chaker, Rakesh K. Singh & Barttanu Kumar Das (2017), Connect within to connect outside: effect of salespeople’s political skill on relationship performance, Journal of Personal Selling & Sales Management, 37:4, 332-348, DOI: 10.1080/08853134.2017.1391100
- Rakesh Singh, Narendra Kumar, Sandeep Puri, (2017) “Thought self-leadership strategies and sales performance: integrating selling skills and adaptive selling behavior as missing links”, Journal of Business & Industrial Marketing, Vol. 32 Issue: 5, pp.652-663, https://doi.org/10.1108/JBIM-06-2016-0127
- Rakesh Singh, Pingali Venugopal, (2015) “The impact of salesperson customer orientation on sales performance via mediating mechanism”, Journal of Business & Industrial Marketing, Vol. 30 Issue: 5, pp.594-607, https://doi.org/10.1108/JBIM-08-2012-0141
- Pavlos A. Vlachos, Nikolaos G. Panagopoulos, Aristeidis Theotokis, Ramendra Singh & Rakesh K. Singh(2014) When do corporate social responsibility initiatives impact on customer-facing employees? Evidence from India and the Netherlands, The International Journal of Human Resource Management, 25:22, 3086-3112, DOI: 10.1080/09585192.2014.934884
- Ramendra Singh, Rakesh Singh, (2012) “Karma orientation in boundary spanning sales employees: A conceptual framework and research propositions”, Journal of Indian Business Research, Vol. 4 Issue: 3, pp.140-157, https://doi.org/10.1108/17554191211252662
- Agnihotri R., Rapp A., Kothandaraman, P and Singh, R. (2012) An emotion-based model of salesperson ethical behaviors, Journal of Business Ethics, Vol 109, Issue 2, pp 243-257 (ISSN: 0167-4544)
- Raj Agnihotri, Michael Krush, Rakesh K. Singh, (2012),”Understanding the mechanism linking interpersonal traits to pro-social behaviors among salespeople: lessons from India”, Journal of Business & Industrial Marketing, Vol. 27 Iss: 3 pp. 211 227. ( ISSN: 0885-8624)
- Ajanta Packaging: Key Account Management ; Sandeep Puri and Rakesh Singh. 2018. IVEY Publishing.
- Ramendra Singh & Rakesh Singh(2015), Sales Force Recruitment and Training, in the Text Book- Ramendra Singh, Sales and Distribution Management- A Practice-Based Approach ( Vikas Publishing, ISBN 978-93259-9406-5)
- Ramendra Singh & Rakesh Singh(2014), Drivers of Salespersons Customer Orientation: A Work Value Perspective, in the edited book- S.Sahadev et al.(eds)Boundary Spanning Elements and the Marketing Function in Organizations ( Springer , ISBN 978-3-319-13439-0 , pp 49-62)
- Ramendra Singh , Rakesh Singh and Anurag Beniwal (2013), The Bharat Times and its Vendors: Distribution Relationships in Newspaper Industry in Paliwal et al. Cases in Business Marketing (Tata McGraw Hill Publishers)
- Sales Force and Supply Chain Management: A Network Perspective, SCM Pro/ Institute of Supply Chain Management, 2015
Management Development Programmes
- Program Director, Training program for Maruti Nexa Training and Development Managers (2017)
- Value-based selling: Developing value merchants, Apollo Tyres (2017)
- Marketing Analytics for Hindustan Coca Cola Ltd (2017)
- Design and delivery of ‘Sales effectiveness program’ for sales executives (2010-11). this was an all India responsibility handled jointly with head of Learning and Development at The Times Group. Total of 234 participants spread over 15 programs at various locations in India.
- Professor-Marketing at School of Management, Bennett University, Greater Noida (December 2017 to December 2018)
- Associate Professor-Marketing at IMT Ghaziabad (April 2014 to December 2017)
- Area Chairperson- Marketing at IMT Ghaziabad (June 2016 to November 2017)
- Company: Bennett Coleman & Co. Ltd (The Times of India Group) – Aug-1989 to March-2014
- Position: Deputy General Manager-RMD (Results & Market Development)
- Job Title: Sales Head- West Bengal and North East
- Extensive engagement and high impact delivery in the areas of subscription management, optimal pricing, trade engagement, sales force culture alignment and technology adoption. My contributions in The Times Group is widely recognized for my work in Delhi, Patna Guwahati and Kolkata, including a very successful launch of new Bengali newspaper brand in Kolkata in 2012 (Ei Samay).
Part-time & Consulting Engagements
Guest Faculty IIM Calcutta (2012)
Audience development for The New Age, a Johannesburg based newspaper (2010-12) This involved on site work as well as off-site consulting on business processes and sales growth. Deliverables of the project were as follows: (a) Sales Team Development (b) Optimal pricing for new reader acquisitions, and (c) Operational and systems architecture design.
Academic and Editorial Services
Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science
Journal of Business and Industrial Marketing
Marketing Intelligence and Planning
Journal of Business Ethics
The International Journal of Human Resource Management
Achievements and Awards
- Faculty Fellow – 5th AIM-AMA Sheth Foundation Doctoral Consortium (2017)
- Faculty Fellow – 4th AIM-AMA Sheth Foundation Doctoral Consortium (2016)
- Faculty Fellow – 3rd AIM-AMA Sheth Foundation Doctoral Consortium (2015)
- BCCL( Bennett Coleman &Co. Limited) Chairman’s awards 2013
- Academy of Marketing Science Doctoral Consortium Fellow 2011
- ET Power of Ideas- Certificate of Excellence 2011