Post Graduate Diploma in Management Dual Country Programme (DCP)
Two-year full-time AICTE approved and AACSB accredited Dual Country residential programme in Business Management.
National Board of Accreditation: NBA
Graduates from IMT are increasingly stepping into roles that require working with international clientele and colleagues. Conventional PGDM/MBA programmes poorly equip the students with skills needed for cross-cultural interaction by offering short-term international exchange. PGDM (Dual Country Programme), on the other hand, provides the students with a year-long intense international experience in a multi-cultural environment in one of the most dynamic markets of the world. Students get to learn the global way of life, study internationally benchmarked curriculum and work with multinational companies.
Services sector contributes the maximum to the world economy. Most job offers made to MBA students also come from services sector. To give a cutting edge exposure to students of DCP, the programme is strategically achored around Dubai which is the hub for best practices in services business. DCP students experience the scope, scale and speed of service businesses in context of Dubai.
DCP is broad enough to cover different industry verticals and offer diverse career prospects, yet focussed enough to impart core skills relating to a dominant sector of economy i.e. services.
Business is an ever evolving phenomenon and so is business school education; IMT Ghaziabad continues to strive to raise its own bar in terms of content and pedagogical practices. It is in the process of revising its curriculum, once again. Key highlights of the new curriculum would be cross functional core courses like Design Thinking, Negotiation Skills and Cross Functional Simulation; these courses add inventiveness, nimbleness and flexibility to the students’ problem solving skillset for the emerging business environment and groom them to function as a leader in the long run.
As a socially responsible institution, IMT Ghaziabad offers its students an action-based course on Sustainability and Social Responsibility, aimed at learning by doing, while simultaneously serving the needs of society. It requires the students to work with the community through on-ground projects. The idea is to understand how people who are different from us live their lives, to appreciate contribution as a value and to know how each of the decisions we take in business impacts society.
To know more about PGDM Programme Architecture CLICK HERE
- Focus: DCP focuses on imparting skill-set for long-term career growth in services sector. This learning is facilitated by the first year programme in Dubai which is a global hub for services.
- Orientation: The programme is oriented towards practice in an international context. Industry orientation is institutionalised in the form of a year-long industry interaction module in the form of International Business Consulting Project and other field activities. These are in addition to the field projects assigned by faculty members in their respective courses.
- Engagement: Students are constantly engaged beyond the class-room hours in a meaningful manner. Every DCP students is a member of a formal committee vested with the responsibility of an organisational activity/task.
- Pedagogy: The programme stresses looking beyond lecturing and case studies. The programme emphasises learning by doing and experiencing.
- Faculty: DCP is mentored by the faculty pool from all over the world. DCP faculty comprises of academicians and practioners.
Post completion of 1st year, students are encouraged and also provided opportunities to carry out their summer internship assignments in UAE and the Middle East – primarily GCC countries – including Oman and Kuwait.
Companies in Dubai
- Barcode Gulf
- Club Mahindra
- CPI Media
- Mumz World
- Project with MH Enterprises and Unilever Middle East, Brand: Lipton
- Global Distribution
- State Bank of India
- Jaleel Holding
- Landmark Leisure – Fun City
- Atlantis Group
- Bank of Baroda
- TASC Outsourcing LLC
- Sharaf Retail
- Virtus Consultancy Services FZE
- Landmark Hospitality
- Landmark Group (MAX Fashion)
Companies in India
- Ambuja Cement Ltd.
- Crompton Greaves
- Dollar Industries
- GCMMF – Amul
- Gras Academy
- HDFC Bank Ltd
- Home Shop 18
- Honda Cars India Limited
- ICICI Lombard
- ICRA Limited
- Idea Cellular
- IEEE – Vodafone
- Indian Hotels
- Kapila Food and Dairy
- Reliance Capital Asset Management
- SBI Capital Markets
- Shalimar Paints
- Vodadone-IEEE project
- Omaxe Ltd.
- Indian Tobacco Company (ITC)