Area: General Management / Business Communication
PhD (English Literature)
Business Communication, Managerial Communication, Written Analysis of Communication Cross Cultural Communication, Corporate Communication, Interpersonal Communication, Communication for Employment
Communication on Social Media
Demographic Profiling and Communication
Analysis of Online Texts
Research and Publications
- Agarwal & Chitranshi. (2012). Readiness of New Recruits on Contemporary Trends in Workplace Communication (Forthcoming). International Journal of Indian Culture and Business Management, Inderscience Publications.
- S. (2011) An Avoidable Conflict, Case Studies in Management, MJP Publishers
- Agarwal & Chakraborty. (2010). Teaching and Evaluation of Business Communication: Genesis and Growth. International Journal of Innovation, Management and Technology,Vol. 1, No. 4.
- Mital & Agarwal. (2010). Information exchange and information disclosure on SNWs: Mediating role of trust. The Learning Organization ( Emerald Group), Vol. 17.
- Chitranshi & Agarwal. (2010). Knowledge Transfer: Do Instructor Characteristics Matter? Communications in Computer and Information Science (CCIS), Springer Publication,April 2010, Vol. 70.
- Agarwal & Chakrabort y. (2010). Broadening the Focus of Evaluation: An Experiment International Journal of Business Science and Applied Management, Vol.5, No.1
- Agarwal & Chitranshi. (2009). Faculty Perceptions of Business Communication Skills and Needs of Management Students. Electronic Journal of Management, Vol. 7, No.3
- Agarwal & Mital. (2009). An exploratory study of Indian university students’ use of social networking websites: Implications for the workplace. Business Communication Quarterly, Sage Publications, Vol. 72, No.1
- S. (2008). Indian Business Management Students’ Perceptions of and Preferences for the Business Communication Course Curriculum. ICFAI Journal of Soft Skills, Vol.2, No.3.
- S. (2007). Ethics: A La yman’s Perspective. MBA Review Magazine (ICFAI Publications)
- S. (2011). Book Review of ‘Collaborative Strategic Improvement through Network Action Learning’, Training and Management Development Methods, (Emerald Group).
- S. (2012) Book Review of ‘Working Together: Organizational Transactional Analysis and Business Performance’, Training and Management Development Methods, (Emerald Group).
- S. (2009). Book Review: “the Leadership Fieldbook’ by Raelin & Black, accepted for publication in Training and Management Development Methods, (Emerald Group).
- S. (2010). Book Review: ‘Learning, Training and Development in Organizations’ Ed. by Steve W. J. Kozlowski and Eduardo Salas. Training & Management Development Methods (Emerald Group), Vol. 24 No. 4.
- S. (2010). Book Review: ‘Handbook of University-Wide Entrepreneurship Education’, G. P. West, Elizabeth J. Gatewood and K. G. Shaver (Eds). Training and Management Development Methods, (Emerald Group), Vol. 24 No. 2.
- S. (2009). Book Review: ‘Teaching in the Global Business Classroom’ by Carol Dalglish and Peter Evans. Training and Management Development Methods, (Emerald Group), Vol. 23 No. 4.
- S. (2009). Book Review: Teaching in the Global Business Classroom’ by Carol Dalglish and Peter Evans. Human Resource Management International Digest., (Emerald Group), Vol.17, No.5.
- S. (2009). Book Review: Improving Learning Transfer: A Guide to Getting More out of What You Put into Your Training”, b y C yril Kirwan. Training and Management Development Methods, (Emerald Group), Vol. 23, No.3
Papers Presented / Accepted:
- Agarwal & Chitranshi. (2013). Impact of Gender, Family Income, Parent Education & Perceived English Proficiency of Parents on the English Communication Skills of Indian Management Students of Indian Management Students. Accepted as Poster Paper for the Third Indian Academy of Management (IAM) Conference, IIM Ahmadabad, December 2013
- Agarwal & Chitranshi. (2011). Gen X workforce and its perceptions of business communication course. Second Indian Academy of Management (IAM) Conference, IIM Bangalore, 18-20 December 2011.
- Chitranshi & Agarwal. (2010). Aging mentors in the changing organizational odysse y: An analysis. 2010 International Conference on Education and Management Technology, Cairo, Egypt, November 2-4, 2010.
- Agarwal & Mital.(2010). Type of exchange and level of communication among long distance communities on social network websites. 2010 International Conference on Education and Management Technology, Cairo, Egypt, November 2-4, 2010.
- Agarwal & Chitranshi. (2010). Knowledge Transfer: Do Instruct or Characteristics Matter? International Conference on Recent Trends in Business Administration and Information Processing (BAIP 2010), Trivandrum, Kerala, India, March 26-27, 2010.
- Agarwal & Chakraborty.(2009). Teaching and Evaluation of Business Communication: Genesis and Growth. Paper Presented, Indian Academy of Management , XLRI, Jamshedpur, India, December 27-30, 2009.
- Agarwal & Mital.(2009).Effects of Social Network Websites on Trust Development and Extent of Communication. 74thAnnual Convention, Organized by Association for Business Communication, Portsmouth, Virginia, Nov. 4-7, 2009.
- Agarwal, Chitranshi & Cardon. (2009). Readiness of New Recruits on Contemporary Trends in Workplace Communication, Paper Presented by third author , Southeast Region U.S. Conference of the Association for Business Communication, Atlanta, GA. March 2009.
- Chitranshi & Agarwal. (2008). B u s i n e s s Communication Skills of Students: Faculty Perception. International Conference on Global Issues in Business & Technology, organized by National Institute of Financial Management, Ministry of Finance India, Faridabad and DBMA, University of Mar yland Eastern Shore, USA, August 2008.
- Chakraborty & Agarwal. (2008). Broadening the Focus of Evaluation: An Experiment. Tenth Annual International Conference of Global Business and Technology Association,Madrid, Spain, July 2008.
- S. (2007). Indian Business Management Students’ Perceptions about & Preferences for the business Communication Course Curriculum. 72nd Annual Convention, Organized by Association for Business Communication, Washington, DC, October 2007.
Management Development Programmes:
Coordinated & conducted a variety of MDPs for reputed public and private organizations on the following broad topics:
Barriers in Communication
Communication in Sales
Communication in Teams
Faculty Development Programmes:
Conducted Faculty Development Programmes in the following areas:
Effective Communication in Teaching
Use of Case Study Methodology
Trainings / Workshops Attended:
1 Week Faculty Development Programme, IIM Rohtak, 2012
1 Week Faculty Development Programme, IIM Rohtak, 2013
2 Day Workshop on Case Study Teaching by Prof. Idalene Kesner, Kelley School of Business, Indiana University, Bloomington
1 Week AICTE Sponsored QIP on Research Methodology, IIT Roorkee
Associate Professor, IMT Ghaziabad, 1 October 2013-till date
Faculty Member, Indian Institute of Management, Rohtak, April 2011 –September 2013
Faculty Member, Jaipuria Institute of Management, December 2006- March 2011
Faculty Member & Programme Coordinator, ICFAI National College, May 2002-2006
Professional Experience (Most Recent)
Empanelled as a Trainer for National Skills Development Corporation (NSDC)
Faculty In-Charge: Student & Alumni Affairs, IIM Rohtak
Faculty In-Charge: Executive Education Programme, IIM Rohtak
Area Chairperson: General Management, IIM Rohtak
Achievements and Awards
- Emerald Annual Award of Excellence 2012 by Emerald Group (International
- Invited Member: Editorial Advisory Board, for the journal Training & Management Development Methods, Emerald Publications (ABDC listed Journal)
- Member: Editorial Board: Management Dynamics, bi-annual journal of Jaipuria Institute of Management, Lucknow