Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM Part Time)Three-year part-time AICTE approved and AACSB accredited programme for Working Professionals. APPLY ONLINE
PGDM – Part Time of IMT Ghaziabad is not a distance learning program or a correspondence program. This program is distinctively designed for the working executives, entrepreneurs and professionals. The programme is indoctrinated to give the conceptual skills, communication skills, business and management skills with a focus on developing business leaders and change agents who should be ready to take the leadership roles after the completion of the programme. The programme provides unique advantage of learning while you work.
The three-year part-time Post-Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM – Part Time) was started by the Institute in 1981 and is approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). The programme is accredited by AACSB (The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business), USA. The programme is aimed at providing opportunities to working professionals to take up formal management education while pursuing their jobs in order to gain knowledge and build on management skills, and, to develop them into more effective managers in the industry. It intends to create managerial competencies in working professionals.
The programme is offered in two delivery modes:
- Regular Weekend Mode (WExR)
- Alternative Weekend Mode (WExA)
The Regular Weekend Mode (WExR) gives flexibility to the working executives. The classes will be held only twice a week at IMT GHAZIABAD CAMPUS: Saturday – 3.00 PM to 9.15 PM; and Sunday – 10.00 AM to 5.15 PM. The participants have also the flexibility to complete the programme within five years of joining, in case he or she has to take a break due to professional or family commitments.
The Alternative Weekend Mode (WExA) is designed to help professionals gain insights in to core areas of management along with strong focus on strategy, innovation and execution. The programme also offers participants to get customisation courses to meet their career needs of participants so as to enhance their decision-making abilities as well as strengthen managerial skills.
“Today, only a small number of working professionals can discontinue their careers and spare two years for pursuing full-time MBA programme. PGDM Part Time is the best option as it provides them the opportunity to pursue their jobs and take up formal management education with same rigour as that of full time MBA programme, “says Dr. Harvinder Singh, Chairperson of the PGDM Part Time programmes at IMT. The programme is different from distance learning management programmes and is at par with the regular PGDM programs in terms of academic content, coverage, duration and rigour.
The programme aims at providing following objectives to working professionals:
- Build a managerial perspective on issues and problems in the different functional areas of management while pursuing their jobs.
- To help participants, through case studies and practical inputs, relating their experiences to the theoretical knowledge.
- To develop greater knowledge of tools and techniques in management domain and to be able to relate it to the strategy of the organization.
- To develop analytical and decision making skills in order to deal effectively in the industry.
- To inculcate values and ethics and a broader understanding of sustainable social initiatives.
- Programme boasts on more than two decades of existence and have alumni base in the industry.
- Only PGDM Part Time programme which is AACSB (The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business), USA accredited in the National Capital Region (NCR).
- Flexible mode of delivery with the option of attending classes every weekend or every alternative weekend
- Focus on necessary managerial skills to transform the participants into business leaders.
- Program design is based on Knowledge, Skills and Attitude (KSA) Framework.
- Focus on the Contemporary issues in management by top industry practitioners.
- Industry inputs in the program contents delivery.
- Focus on Attitudes and Skill building for managerial positions.
- Developing your own personal brand
- Fundamentals and practical orientation in the form of case studies, role plays, brainstorming exercises, projects and games.
- Industry interactions
- Classroom discussions
- Field visits
- Peer learning through group work
The course demands meticulous academic work on the part of students, with facilitation from highly qualified and accomplished core IMT faculty along with inputs from industry.
The candidate should have Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with 2 years of work experience after graduation (one year in case of Post -Graduation or those with professional qualification).
The admission process of PGDM Part Time is focused on selecting candidates who have the managerial potential and have an attitude to grow up in the corporate ladder. So each candidate will be evaluated on the different parameters which are as follows:
- Application to the programme
- Written essay on a business situation/economic situation
- Personal interview
An application fee of Rs. 2000 will be charged per candidate. The charged application fee will make you eligible to write the essay and appear in the interview.