HBP for Educators
Guidelines for HBP CASE REQUEST FOR CLASSROOM TEACHING & CASE MAP REQUEST
Registration at Harvard Business Publishing Education (HBPE) Portal https://hbsp.harvard.edu/registration/educator
- Registering as a “Premium Educator” at HBPE (while registering only edu mail should be used).
- Before Premium Educator Registration at HBPE Educator, make sure your faculty profile should be available at https://www.imt.edu/faculty-profiles
Review Copy and Teaching Notes of Case-Study
- Faculty can download review copies and procure teaching notes directly from HBPE’s educator website (https://hbsp.harvard.edu) by registering as a “Premium Educator” under the IMTG-HBPE license agreement.
- Please do not request to the library for the review copy and teaching notes of the case study which is not intended to be used the classroom teaching and discussion. Download review copy case-study from the premium educator log-in only.
- Report any requirements and use of case studies, HBR articles, book chapters, and other materials by using the requisitions HBS CASE REQUEST FORM only.
- Please mention clearly the name of the program, the number of students, course name and faculty name while ordering. The library will procure the authorized master copy from HBP and make available to Faculty for sharing authorized copies with students as library has to report with complete details, of course, some students, program name, faculty name, program start and end date, etc.
- As per the license agreement with HBPE, the redistribution of hyperlinks and PDFs of case-study via email is restricted. But, due to the online teaching during COVID-19 pandemic, you can circulate the hyperlink or embedded link of the case-study among students via Teaching Platform used by IMTG.
- Use of cases or articles that are not obtained from the library specifically authorized for use in the particular course is not permitted
- If you have ordered the case-study for classroom teaching and discussion but have not utilized the same for any reason, please inform to the library for cost-benefit.
- Electronic redistribution of protected or unprotected content files is not permitted unless authorized. Electronic masters themselves must not be stored, saved, emailed, shared, or posted on any course site.
- HBR articles/cases for use in the classroom cannot be accessed from any other source (e.g., EBSCO). Articles, cases, videos, etc. from EBSCO can be used only for research purposes and not for courseware or class discussion.
HBPE Audio-Visual Materials
- Audio-visual materials are permissible for classroom viewing.
- Streaming of other multimedia content is permissible for classroom viewing.
- Simulations need to be licensed for each participant irrespective of whether it is an individual player or team simulation. Even if conducted in groups, each person in the group needs to be licensed. Once licensed, the simulations can be run more than once with the same group of students. Faculty can request for simulation to Program Office for procurement process.
What can you Access under HBPE Premium Educator?
- Unrestricted individual Harvard Business School printed Cases and Notes
- Harvard Business Review reprints, including HBR Article Collections
- All HBSP Newsletter Reprints
- HBS Press standalone book chapters
- HBSP Brief Cases
- HBS Colour Case items
- HBS Case Videos
- HBS Multimedia Cases
- HBS Online Courses
- Non-HBS Material (https://cb.hbsp.harvard.edu/cbmp/pages/content/partners)
Case Map Request to Library
If you wish to get recommended cases from HBPE on any of your subject disciplines or topics, editorial team HBPE will review your application and suggest content (cases/articles/online content) for the same. Please fill out the CASE MAP REQUEST FORM and send us the guidelines of the course/discipline/topic(s). Case map has a turnaround time of 20-25 business days.
Send your request and query to email@example.com
The library will send reading materials from the mail firstname.lastname@example.org