FinesseThe Official Finance Club of IMT Ghaziabad
Every year the club organizes RISCON, the Annual Finance fest of IMT Ghaziabad. The competition sees participants from various Big B-schools tussling to win competitions such as Bloomberg portfolio management and equity research report. We understand peer-peer learning importance and organise routinely peer-lessons called “FinGyaan” for the students.
Finesse publishes monthly finance magazine called “FinShastra”. We believe It is imperative to be updated with facts in this fast and dynamic financial world, our magazine tries to fill this gap with its carefully thought-out pattern for B-school. Check it out at our official LinkedIn page. The print edition of the magazine is also available for students.
New Fund Offering
Our Club’s Investment fund is the in-house equity research and investment team which carries out thoughtful research covering major sectors of Indian equity markets. It manages and offers investment opportunities for IMT students with a new fun offering every year.
Key activities with brief details.
Arjanam– It is a Case Study Competition in which students are required to solve a real-life problem faced by a Company and give recommendations.
Riscon–The Annual Finance fest of IMT Ghaziabad, comprising of 2 events-
- Bloomberg Portfolio Management–It is a competition in which participants analyse stocks of Nifty 500 companies and create a mock portfolio on Bloomberg Terminal for a period of 15 days and the participant with the highest portfolio value after 15 days is adjudged the winner.
- Equity Research Challenge–A competition in which participants are required to research on a given stock and give a buy/ sell recommendation after careful analysis of the company.
The competition helps students apply their knowledge and solve real life problems and compete with top B-schools of India. It helps the students of IMT prepare for various finance competitions such as Motilal Oswal QGLP, CFA Equity Research Challenge, etc.
The club also conducts several routine activities to impart knowledge among the students. Routine activities include-
- FinShastra– FinShastra is the monthly magazine prepared and published by the students of Finesse giving a brief about the financial updates for the past one month. It involves analysis of 9 sectors of the Indian economy, Big Story of the month, an update on the economic indicators apart from financial news, a stock outlook and FunShastra. It helps IMT students to remain updated with the financial news and makes them better equipped for acing interviews during Summer and Final placements.
- Fingyaan (Peer Learning Session) –Finesse conducts Peer Learning Sessions on finance subjects for IMT students before the end term exams.
- Workshops–We partner with industry expert and conduct workshops in the college related to the finance domain.
Contact details (official email id of committee)
Email ID: email@example.com
LinkedIn Link: https://www.linkedin.com/finance-committee-imt-ghaziabad/
Facebook Link: https://www.facebook.com/FinComIMT/
Instagram Link: https://instagram.com/finesse_imt?igshid=18r1iaj53kgl8
Coordinators: Swastik Singh, Mayukh Sinha
Co-coordinators: Abhishek Kumar, Shinjini Sinha