International Relations Committee
The IMT group prides itself in its global network of over 75 B-schools it has built over the course of its existence. IMT was recently ranked 3rd as per the NHRDN report for international relations and the International Relations Committee stands at the very heart of these accomplishments. From hosting exchange students from all around the world, to encouraging our students to quench their penchant for management education outside of IMT, IRC has been consistent in its efforts for widening the scope of learning at IMT. Spearheaded under the aegis of Dr. Jayanthi Ranjan, IRC also frequently engages in initiatives like STEP (Short Term Exchange Programme), language classes at IMT Ghaziabad, faculty exchange programmes with our partner schools and various other events to expose the students to the various facets of management learning and further enhance our relationships with the partner schools.
Senior IRC Team
Junior IRC Team
EVENTS CONDUCTED BY IRC IN THE PAST YEAR:
- Feb 1- 3, 2015 : GLOBAL PARTNERS CONCLAVE :
- IRC hosted a one of its kind networking and collaboration event for its strategic international partners, hosted at our Ghaziabad campus. The event was attended by more than 30 foreign delegates over a period of three days
- The three-day conclave included events like presentations, seminars and discussions by top speakers and industry leaders
- The three-day international level conclave included a whole range of speakers, from directors of premier B schools in the US, Asia and Europe to industry leaders like Mr Nagarajan Sivaramakrishnan, Managing Director, Mother Dairy Fruits and Vegetables Pvt. Ltd.
- IRC hosted the second Delhi-Copenhagen urban challenge in July, 2015. It was a unique 4-week long cross-disciplinary and comparative study on “Transportation, Mobility and Urban space” that was carried out through a combination of guest lectures, industry visits, and classroom sessions. The program was chaired by Ms. Ditte Tellgren and Prof. Kristjan Jespersen from Copenhagen Business School and Dr. Jayanthi Ranjan from IMT Ghaziabad. The event was attended by 16 students from IMT and CBS.
- Conducted open houses for the outgoing student exchange and language classes in September 2015.
- Hosted an Australian delegation from the Australian Trade Commission (India) on 12th August, 2015. The delegates from University of South Australia and Commonwealth Research and Education Foundation attended the event. The event aimed at establishing a deeper collaboration between various Australian universities and the IMT group
- Hosted Prof. Ajay Vinze from W. P. Carey School of Business, Arizona State University, USA along with Dr. Allen Morrison from Thunderbird School of Global Management, USA on 25th August, 2015. An interactive session with the students was organized
- A Memorandum of Understanding was successfully undertaken between Nanyang Technical University (NTU), Singapore and IMT Ghaziabad.
- In 2015, IRC was allotted the highest ever number of seats (199) for our exchange program by our partner institutes, something which no other B-school can boast of. This achievement was highlighted in an article by the First Report.
- Language classes held from Sept 20 to Oct 19 2015 at IMT Ghaziabad, as a part of which IMT students were given the opportunity to learn 3 languages – French, German and Spanish.
- IRC organized an outgoing Short term exchange with IMT Dubai from 7th October to 15th October with a major focus on understanding business operations and cultures of both the nations. The team of outgoing exchange students included 18 students from IMT Ghaziabad who were taught through a variety of teaching methods such as, industrial visits and guest lectures.
- Conducted a guest lecture on Dec 12, 2015 given by Dr. Andrew Bradly and Dr. Adam Butt from Australian National University (ANU), Canberra, Australia. The speakers addressed the audience on various issues, including, international business, political risk and actuarial sciences.
- Hosted Prof. Martin Butler, a Senior Lecturer at University of Stellenbosch, South Africa as part of incoming faculty exchange program. He taught Business and Innovation in Networked Economy to our PGDM students of 2014-16 batch for Term II.
- Hosted David Newlands, an Associate Professor of Operations track at IÉSEG School of Management, France as part of the incoming faculty exchange program. He taught operations and supply chain management to PGDM students of 2014-16 batch.
- Hosed Cathy DuBois, Associate Dean for Administration at Kent State University College of Business Administration, Ohio, United States and Mr. Rituraj from the Delhi Office of Kent State on 18th February, 2016 wherein further discussions on possible collaborative opportunities were held with them.
- Conducted a STEP “India Immersions Program” with our partner institute Telecom Ecole de Management, France during March 14 to 20, 2016 wherein executive MBA students from Telecom participated. The STEP included in-house lectures on emerging topics, visit to a few Startups and cultural visits as well.
- Hosted master’s students from ISCTE Portugal for the second consecutive year as a part of STEP program from March 19 to 24, 2016
- Hosted another group of 25 students from ISCTE Portugal on 20th June 2016 for STEP program.
- Our annual international magazine, RADIUS was published in December 2015.
- IRC hosted Mr. Thomas J. Simon, Administrative Director and Mr. Vinod Radhakeesoon, Senior Director, Babson Executive and Enterprise Education, Babson Global Inc, USA on 23rd July, 2016. A possible collaboration regarding “Entrepreneurial Education” between the two institutions was discussed.