“Everyone sees the glory moments, but they don’t see what happens behind the scenes.” – Allyson Felix
Tip of the Iceberg
The Academic Committee works closely with the administration to provide a healthy academic atmosphere and enhance the learning experience. To that end, we are in a continuous dialogue with our committee coordinator, the PGP Chairperson.
- Our primary responsibility is to represent the student cohort in academia.
- We act as an interface between the student fraternity, the faculty, and the institute’s management by ensuring seamless delivery of information and redressal of student grievances.
- We work hand in hand with the PGP administration, Director, PGDM Chairperson, and Area Chairs to craft for the best possible experience for the students.
- We undertake critical tasks such as coordination of classes, attendance, peer learning etc. to ensure proper academic rigour and smooth functioning of classes and examinations.
- We monitor emerging opportunities in the industry and provide recommendations to make students academically ready to meet industry demands.
Beneath the waters
The Committee is constantly looking for new ways to engage with and assist the students in their MBA journey. Apart from academics, the Committee is also involved in student development by arranging rich experiences in form of extra-curricular activities.
- The Committee undertakes both intra and inter-college events. Within the institute, the Committee organises ‘FLAMES‘, a spread of competitions including case competitions, mad-ads, quizzes, etc. The event encourages the students to interact with their peers, broaden their horizons and apply their acquired learnings.
- On the inter-collegiate front, our flagship event, ‘IGNITE‘ is a national level case study competition that explores various tracks and encourages participants to solve live problems.
- Our Peer Learning sessions see a huge turnout from the batch and are a popular tool for exam preparation in the IMT Community.
- The Committee also organises Business Conclaves focusing on changing leadership trends and encouraging discussion around the same to nurture leaders of tomorrow.
- In addition, we leverage external relations and organise Live Projects for the students to ensure that the student community is constantly apprised of working conditions and experiential growth.
- We also engage with the faculty to identify areas of further learning and invite professionals experienced in sustainability, leadership and talent development for Guest Lectures to facilitate an understanding of the industry.
How we work
The Academic Committee endeavours to leverage its three most significant assets, namely, our People, our Processes, and our Performance, to fulfil our objectives.
With a focus on quality over quantity, we handpick a small number of students each year to continue our legacy forward. Being a small committee has helped us ensure a smooth flow of information and transition of functions. We constantly experiment with our processes to achieve maximum efficiency in our day-to-day functions. We review our performance consistently to ensure that we not only meet our benchmarks but exceed them.