IMT Ghaziabad has opened the admission application process for PGDM 2018-20 batch. The B-school has prepared a blue print of its revamped PGDM 2018-20 programme architecture under the leadership of Professor Srikant Datar, Associate Dean of Harvard Business School
With an innovative and revamped PGDM 2018-20 programme architecture, the blueprint of which is prepared under the leadership of Professor Srikant Datar, Associate Dean of Harvard Business School and the author of ‘Rethinking The MBA’ with a view to further develop the right attitude, skills and knowledge among its students, IMT Ghaziabad has opened the admission application process for PGDM 2018-20 batch at its all the four campuses namely IMT Ghaziabad, Hyderabad, Nagpur and Dubai.
IMT Ghaziabad, one of India’s premier B-Schools consistently opts for more innovations and changes in the selection process to choose IMT fit candidates. Major changes were also introduced in the final admission process for its 2 year PGDM programs last year.
Last date to apply: November 24
The common online application process has begun on September 3 with the release of admission notification by Institute of management Technology, Ghaziabad.
The last date to apply for admission at IMT is November 24. IMT Ghaziabad will accept CAT 2017 and XAT 2018 scores to shortlist candidates for final selection round. The GMAT (January 1, 2014 – February 28, 2018) scores will also be accepted. In the case of the candidates applying on the basis of GMAT and score is not provided, processing of application will be provisional, subject to IMT receiving the official GMAT score on or before March 15, 2018.
Interested candidates can apply to all IMT campuses i.e. Ghaziabad, Nagpur, Dubai and Hyderabad via the IMT Common Application form, which is now available online.
Programme Architecture Revamped at IMT
IMT’s vision for its full-time academic programmes is to groom young graduates as leaders who are innovative, creative, can execute effectively, and are socially responsible. The focus is on experiential learning, design thinking, developing skill sets while sharpening the ability to deal with the basics, and critical and analytical thinking.
IMT Ghaziabad has completed a comprehensive review of the PGDM programme architecture and curriculum under the leadership of Professor Srikant Datar, Associate Dean of Harvard Business School and the author of ‘Rethinking The MBA’, resulting in several innovative additions to the curriculum which will not only enhance the value proposition IMT Ghaziabad offers to its students and the community but also enrich campus life.
The focus of the restructured programme architecture is on Self Awareness, Self Management and Self Development; Innovation and Entrepreneurship; Execution Effectiveness; Sustainability and Social Responsibility and Domain Specific Specializations.
The Blue print of innovative programme architecture ensures that the first year of the programme at IMT offers core courses to develop the right attitude, skills and knowledge which are incumbent for a leader in the long term. The elective courses offered in second year are designed to give students an opportunity to delve deeper in their respective areas of specialization and thus cater to the sector and role specific short term career objectives.
Admission Eligibility Criteria
To register for admission process at IMT, the candidate must be a graduate with 50% or equivalent pass marks and at least one of the following: ID for CAT-2017 OR ID for XAT-2018 OR ID for GMAT (taken between January 1, 2014 – March 31, 2018) OR Roll-No for CMAT-2018 (For IMT Nagpur and Hyderabad only).
IMT Ghaziabad will be accepting CAT OR XAT OR GMAT scores. IMT Nagpur and Hyderabad will be accepting CAT or XAT or GMAT or CMAT scores. The applicant is required to fill the complete IDs of the test score he/she wishes to submit.
For IMT, Dubai, Applicants for the MBA program at IMT Dubai must have an undergraduate degree (Bachelor’s degree) from an accredited university with a CGPA of 3.0 and above on a 4.0 scale or its equivalent (50%+ overall average). Applicants whose native language is not English are required to take an English Proficiency Test. The minimum required score for TOEFL is 550 (paper-based) and 80 (internet based) or an IELTS band of 6.0.
Common Application form with no additional application fee
There is one Common Application Form for the four campuses of IMT – Ghaziabad, Nagpur, Hyderabad and Dubai. In the online Application Form, you need to mention your campus preference. At least 2 campuses have to be mentioned or maximum of all 4 campus preferences can be entered. At the time of final offering you will be informed about the campus you are selected for.
You do not need to pay additional fee either for applying with more than one exam score or for giving all the 4 IMT campuses in order of preference.
How to apply
To apply to IMT an applicant must complete the online ‘Application Form’.
On the Application Form the candidate must provide educational qualifications, contact details, etc. After completing the form, the applicant can make payment of application fee of Rs. 2000/- by one of the following options:
1) Pay directly through credit/debit card or Net Banking: If the payment goes through and ‘Application Number’ is generated, the application is considered submitted. Applicants will receive a confirmation email within the next 24 hours.
2) Pay through demand draft: The applicant must make a demand draft payable to “Institute of Management Technology” payable at Ghaziabad or Delhi for the amount of Rs 2000/-. On the ‘Application Form’, applicants must provide the demand draft number, name of bank, date, location of bank and amount. After providing these details, the applicant will be directed to a new window that has the details of the information submitted and the ‘tear-off’ sheet together with an ‘Application Form Number’.
Applicants should take a printout of this form and keep it for their future reference. Applicants must affix their passport-size self-attested photo to the tear-off sheet and send the demand draft along with it. Once the demand draft and tear-off sheet are received by IMT Ghaziabad, the status is automatically updated on the website. Applicants will also receive a confirmation email within the next 24 hours.
Applicants are advised to have their demand draft details ready before filling the form.
Important Instructions to apply for IMT Ghaziabad
Following instructions will be helpful while applying online for admission to IMT Ghaziabad and other campuses of IMT:
If application Fee paid by Demand Draft…
- Application form is available at www.imt.edu and must be submitted online. IMT does not accept off-line applications.
- Applicant should complete the online application form and submit the same along with the applicable admission fee which is non-refundable.
- Candidates tendering application fee by Bank Demand Draft must have Demand Draft made before filling the Online Application since Demand Draft details are to be entered during filling of Application Form. Demand Draft is of Rs. 2000/- (Rs. Two Thousand only) drawn in favor of “Institute of Management Technology” payable at Ghaziabad or Delhi.
- Please mention your Name, Application No. and Mobile No on the reverse side of the Demand Draft.
- After successful submission of Application Form, a copy of the submitted Application Form containing ‘Tear-off’ sheet will be displayed to take the printout. You are required to send the signed Tear-Off sheet after pasting your recent photograph along-with the Demand Draft to the address mentioned on Tear-off sheet. Candidates should keep the remaining portion of the printout for their future reference.
- Application Form status can be checked on IMT Admissions Portal once the Tear-Off sheet along with the Demand Draft is received at IMT.
If Application Fee paid by Credit/ Debit Card/ Net Banking…
- The application fee of Rs 2000/- plus taxes as applicable can be paid by Credit card / Debit Card / Net Banking option available on the portal.
- On successful online payment, Application Form Number is displayed to the candidate. Please note down the Application Number for the future reference. Candidates also have the option to take the print-out of the submitted Application Form for their future reference.
- Once the Application Fee is received, Application Form status can be checked on IMT Admissions Portal.
- If you are making payment online, no need to send the printout of the Application Form.
IMT: Programme intake
MT Ghaziabad has an approval of 600 seats in PGDM and 180 in Dual Country PGDM. IMT Nagpur has an approval of 360 seats in PGDM; and IMT Hyderabad has an approval of 240 seats in PGDM.
IMT Ghaziabad will consider aggregate scores and not sectional scores of the applicants in the acceptable entrance exams. IMT will short-list the candidates for the interview based on their best available test scores in CAT/XAT/GMAT for IMT Ghaziabad campus and CAT/XAT/GMAT/CMAT score for Nagpur and Hyderabad campus. Post short-listing on the basis of available scores, applicants will be called for CT-GE-PI process and the final offering will be based on scores, performance in CT-GE-PI process and overall profile of candidate.
Components in Final selection round
With its penchant for offering world-class management education in India, IMT announced last year, the departure from its regular selection process to a new and innovative method of selecting the “IMT-fit” candidates via the CT-GE-PI process. The process involves Critical thinking (CT); Group Exercise (GE); and Personal Interview (PI).
IMT expects to get the best fit candidates who are imbibed in the IMT core values of Innovation, Execution and Social Responsibility with the changed process of final selection round.
IMT Admission process 2018: Important Dates
|Online Application for PGDM 2018-20 opens||September 3, 2017|
|Last date to apply for IMT admission||November 24, 2017|
|Counselling and Information Session I||End of January 2018|
|Shortlisting for Selection Process (CT–GE–PI)||First week of February 2018|
|Selection Process (CT–GE–PI) at Ghaziabad, Nagpur, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Bangalore, and Kolkata||February 2018|
|Declaration of result||Mid March 2018 ->|
|Counselling and Information Session II||End of March 2018|
|Release of waitlist (If needed)||Second week of April 2018|
|Program Commencement for IMT Ghaziabad, IMT Nagpur and IMT Hyderabad||June 2018|
|Program Commencement for IMT Dubai||August 2018|
IMT Ghaziabad is one of the premier B schools in the country and has recently been awarded the most prestigious AACSB accreditation. It has been consistency ranked among top 10 by various credible ranking agencies like Business Today, Business World, CRISIL and has extensive and exclusive industry partnerships in the B school arena.