Vinayak Ram Tripathi
Area: Strategy, Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- FPM (Strategic Management) IIM Indore
- Thesis title: An Ethnographic Study of Socio-communicative Enactments of Organizational Strategy in Healthcare Delivery to the Underserved
- Ph.D. & M. Sc. (Microbiology) Dr. RMLA University, Faizabad
Strategic Management (Core and Advanced)
Strategy and Sustainability (Elective)
Integrating Qualitative Evidences in Care Delivery (To Healthcare Professionals and Executives)
Having explored the organizational enactments in marginal spaces, with a focus on healthcare, I find that organizing strategies needs to go beyond structured professional and organizational realm. In this background, I study frontline actors and their practices to understand the tension in organizing at intersection of professional and community discourses. Accordingly, I deploy ethnography and other qualitative methods to understand the organizational enactments to engage with these competing discourses. On a related note, I engage with these nuances to understand the sustainable professional enactment in delivery of care.
Research and Publications
- “Characterization of MAR and heavy metal tolerant E. coli 157:H7 in water sources: a suggestion for behavioral intervention” in Environment, Development and Sustainability, 2017. Springer Publications. DOI 10.1007/s10668-017-9998-5.
- “Organizing Healthcare to the Underserved: Reducing Maternal and Neonatal Mortality through Positive Institutional Work” In Challenges in Leadership Development for Public Health, 2017 (accepted), XLRI, Jamshedpur.
Apart from these publications over a dozen article have appeared in various scientific and sustainability related journals. Publications in domain of sustainability are in journals like Environment, Development and Sustainability, Environment monitoring and assessment etc. Other journal publications are in Microbial Cell Factories, Complementary and Alternative Medicine, Process Biochemistry, etc.
- ‘Enlarging Scope: Profession meets Community’ presented at special conference of Strategic Management Society (SMS) at Hyderabad in December, 2018. The proposal was awarded as That’s Promising! proposal award during the conference.
- ‘How Bodies Matter: Narrative Constitution of Organizational Routines in Engagement with Pain’ paper presented at European Group of Organization Studies (EGOS) July, 2018 in Tallinn, Estonia.
- ‘The Twin Faces of Diversity: Professionalizing the Marginal Subjects and Enculturing the Organization’ paper presented at prestigious biennial Journal of Management Studies conference April, 2018 in Babson College, MA, USA.
- ‘Let’s Talk & Act: Communicative Action in the Frontline Workers Enactment of Organizational Strategy’ paper presented at European Group of Organization Studies (EGOS) July, 2017 in Copenhagen, Denmark.
- ‘Socio-material Entanglement in Organizing Healthcare to the Underserved’ presented in workshop on Challenges in Leadership Development for Public Health, April, 2017, XLRI, Jamshedpur, India.
- ‘Profession and Community : Extending Scope’ A field level study with a focus on healthcare to explore the professional practices in rural tribal context.
- ‘Institutional delivery of care to tribal mothers in negotiating postpartum and birthing experience: A Narrative Approach’ Ongoing project based on field studies in Gujarat.
- UGC sponsored project 2009-2012 related to a group of industrially significant enzyme.
- IMT Ghaziabad, Jan 2019
- RMLA University, Faizabad Associate Professor (2015- Jan, 2019)
- Indian Institute of Public Health (IIPH), Gandhinagar, Visiting Faculty 2018-2019
- Co-ordinator Public Health Program, Dr RMLA University, 2018-2019
- RMLA University, Faizabad Assistant Professor (2001-2015)
Part-time & Consulting Engagements
Engaging in research analysis and design in adolescent health care program supported by Unicef and State government to a voluntary health care organization in Gujrat serving rural tribal population.
Achievements and Awards
- “That’s Promising” research proposal prize for proposal “Enlarging Scope: Profession Meets Community” at Strategic Management Society (SMS) Hyderabad special conference at Indian School of Business (ISB), Hyderabad During 15-18th December, 2018.
- Received grant to present the paper “The Twin Faces of Diversity: Professionalizing the Marginal Subjects and Enculturing the Organization’ at prestigious biennial Journal of Management Studies conference April, 2018 in Babson College, MA, USA.
- Received best paper presentation in Agri-biotechnology section at International conference NIT Allahabad, 2013.
- ‘Visiting Scientist Fellowship’ award by Indian National Academy of Science (INSA), New Delhi, 2011-12.
- CSIR-UGC NET, 1999.