PhD: Economics, Delhi School of Economics, University of Delhi
M.A. , Operational Research, Faculty of Mathematics, University of Delhi
M.A. , Economics, Delhi School of Economics, University of Delhi
B.A. (hons.), Economics, Hindu College, University of Delhi
Core: Managerial Economics, Macroeconomic Principles and Policy
Electives: Public Policy
Economics of Climate Change
Human Capital, Technological Progress , and Inclusive Growth
Computable General Equilibrium (CGE) Modelling
Research and Publications
- Ojha, Vijay P., Pradhan, B. K. & Ghosh, J. (2013), ‘Growth, Inequality and Innovation : A CGE analysis of India’, Journal of Policy Modeling (Elsevier), 35 (6), 909-927.
- Ojha, Vijay P. (2009) : ‘Carbon Emission Reduction Strategies and Poverty Alleviation in India’ , Environment and Development Economics (Cambridge University Press), vol. 14, issue 03, pp 323-348 .
- Ojha, Vijay P. (2010) : ‘International Trading of Emission Rights : Its Implications for Low-Carbon Growth in India’ in India Infrastructure Report, 2010 : Infrastructure Development in a Low Carbon Economy, 3i Network, New Delhi, Oxford University Press, 2010, pp. 144-154.
- Ojha, Vijay P. (2011) : ‘Climate Change Mitigation Strategies in South Asia’ in R. Jha (ed.), Routledge Handbook of South Asian Economics, London and New York, Routledge, 2011, pp. 309-322.
- Barun Deb Pal, Ojha, Vijay P., Sanjib Pohit, Joyashree Roy (2014): ‘GHG Emissions and Economic Growth : A Computable General Equilibrium Model Based Analysis for India’ Springer, 2014
- Ojha, Vijay P., Basanta K. Pradhan (2006) : ‘The Macro-Economic and Sectoral Impacts of HIV and AIDS in India : A CGE Analysis’, NACO,NCAER,UNDP,2006
- Ojha, Vijay P. (2005), ‘Trade-Off Among Carbon Emissions, Economic Growth and Poverty Reduction in India’, South Asian Network of Developmental and Environmental Economics (SANDEE) Working Paper No. 12-05
Work in Progress
- Ojha, Vijay P. ‘Energy Efficiency, Climate Change and Income Distribution in the indain Economy’, (journal paper in progress)
- Visiting Fellow, Environment Department, University of York, United Kingdom January 2004 to July 2004
- Associate Professor, Shri Ram College of Commerce, University of Delhi, India October 1997 to September 2009
- Visiting Fellow, Rajiv Gandhi Institute for Contemporary Studies, New Delhi, India December 2000 to December 2001 and July 2002 to July 2003
- Associate Professor, WTO Centre, Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, New Delhi, India July 2000 to October 2000
- Reader, Development Planning Centre, Institute of Economic Growth, Delhi, India September 1998 to August 1999
Part-time & Consulting Engagements
- Senior Consultant, National Council of Applied Economic Research, New Delhi July 2003 to July 2009
- Consultant, The World Bank, New Delhi September 2008 to August 2009
- Guest Faculty, Centre for International Trade and Development, School of International Stuidies, Jawaharlal Nehru University since August 2008
Articles Published in Newspapers
Ojha, Vijay P (19th June 2009) : ‘Emission Trading Rights and India’ The Economic Times, New Delhi.
Achievements and Awards
Commonwealth Academic Staff Fellowship (January 2004 – July 2004)