Area: Human Resourse Management
M.Phil in Population Studies, IIPS Mumbai
M.Sc., BHU, Varanasi
B.Sc., University of Calcutta
Human Resource Management
Organization Design & Development
Negotiation & Conflict Management
Employee Engagement & Motivation
Diversity and Inclusivity
Culture in Organizations
Proactive Employee Behaviours
Dark Personality and Workplace Bullying
Ethical and Humanistic HR
Management Lessons from Scriptures
- Singh, V.L. & Singh, S. K. (2008). ‘The Reproductive Health Problems of Women in Slum Areas: A context of Mumbai.’ in Ranjan, A. (Ed.), Population & Health- India, Annual Series, Bhopal
- Singh, V.L. & Singh, S. K. (2007). Does Perceived Rights Affect Violence in India? A Cross Cultural Analysis, in Balaiah Donta et al (Eds.) Strengthening Linkages between Reproductive Health and HIV/AIDS, p. 377-402.
- Singh, V. (under preparation). Women Leadership.
- Singh, V. (under preparation). Sustainable HRM
- Singh, V. (under preparation). Management through the Scriptures
- Singh, V.L. & Singh, M. (2018). A Burnout Model of Job Crafting: Multiple Mediator Effects on Job Performance. IIMB Management Review (accepted for publication). [ABDC-B category]
- Singh, V.L. & Singh, M. (2016). Techniques of Job Crafting: An Exploratory Study on Management Consultants. South Asian Journal of Management, Vol 23(2), 25-50. [ABDC-C]
- Singh, V.L., Manrai, A. & Manrai, L. (2015). Sales Training: A State of Art and Contemporary Review. Journal of Economics, Finance & Administrative Science, 20, 51-74. [Scopus indexed]
- Singh, S. K. & Singh, V.L. (2009). Does Marital Status Matters for the Extend of Knowledge and Vulnerability to STI/HIV among Young Women in India: Evidences from CHARCA Districts. Journal of International, Comprehensive Security and Development Studies, 1(1-2).
- Singh, V.L. & Singh, M. (under preparation). ‘Job Crafting as a Source of Positive Outcomes’.
- Singh, V.L. & Singh, M. (under preparation). ‘Dynamics between Stress and Engagement while Job Crafting’.
- Singh, V.L. & Singh, M. (under preparation). ‘Interpreted Meaning and Conceptualization of Job Crafting’.
REVIEWS AND CASE STUDY:
- Ranjan, S & Singh, V.L. (under preparation). ‘Entrepreneurial Leadership: A Review’
- Singh, V.L. & Raina, P. K. (under preparation). ‘Dark Leadership and Workplace Bullying: A Review’
- Singh, V. (under review). HR adaptations in accommodating the Millennial workforce, ET Cases.
- Singh, V. (under review). Contemplative Practices at Work, ET Cases.
- Singh, V. ‘Job Crafting: A Context of Consultant Dejobbing’, (with M. Singh) at the 74th Academy of Management Annual Meet, Philadelphia, USA. 1-5 August, 2014.
- Singh, V. ‘Crafting Jobs beyond Job Descriptions’, (with Prof. M. Singh) at the HR International Conference (of AOM-HR Division), Beijing, China. 14-16 June, 2014.
- Singh, V. ‘Job Redesign Approaches and Effectiveness’, at the 6th Conference on Excellence in Research & Education, IIM-Indore, India. 8-11 May, 2014.
- Singh, V. ‘Exploring Job Crafting Process in India’, at the 7th IIMA Doctoral Consortium, IIM- Ahmedabad, India. 9-11 December, 2013.
- Singh, V. ‘Age discordance and health implications among marital partners in India’, (with Prof. S.K. Singh) at the 30th Annual Conference of the Indian Association for Study of Population, Dehradun, India. 5-6 June, 2008.
- Singh, V. ‘The reproductive health problems of women in slums, (with S.K. Singh) at the Population Development & Health Conference, Bhopal, India. 6-7 January, 2008.
- Singh, V. ‘Violence against women in India’, (with Prof. S.K. Singh) at the 29th Annual Conference of the Indian Association for Study of Population, Varanasi, India. 26-28 October, 2007.
Management Development Programmes
Short duration programs (MDPs)
Motivation and Role Models, LIC
Communication & Presentation, PowerGrid
Long term online programs (eMDP)
Leadership and Teams
Creativity and Innovation
Bennett University (2016), IIM Rohtak (2017), IMT Ghaziabad, 2018-till date
Research Officer at IIPS, Mumbai (2008)
Part-time & Consulting Engagements
UNICEF, India (2013-14)
Government of Gujarat (2013-14)
Central University of Gujarat (2014)
NIRMA University (2015)
Achievements and Awards
Best Student Paper Award, based on PhD Thesis research, at AoM-HR division’s International Conference, 2014.
Outstanding Reviewer, by Academy of Management, OB division, 2013
UGC-NET JRF, 2007
University Department Topper, 2006
Academy of Management, USA
Gender concerns in India: Evidences from NFHS-III. VijayLakshmi Singh. M.Phil Thesis, International Institute for Population Sciences, Mumbai, May, 2008.
International Migration Trends in the Pilgrim City of Varanasi. Master’s Thesis, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, May, 2006.
Socio-Economic Study of a Village. Graduate Project, University of Calcutta, Kolkata, 2004.
Invited Reviewer for peer reviewed journals and conferences.