University of Calcutta, Doctor of Philosophy (Business Management), 2016
University of Rochester, Master of Science in Business (Applied Economics), 2010
IIM Ahmedabad, Post Graduate Diploma in Management, 1998.
University of Calcutta, Master of Commerce (Accounting), First Class First Rank, 1994
St. Xavier’s College, Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting Honors), First Class, 1992
• Level I and II of CFA, CFA Institute, USA, 2005 and 2006
• Financial Risk Manager, GARP, USA, 2005
• CFA (ICFAI), ICFAI, 2002
• Post Graduate Diploma in Financial Analysis, ICFAI, 1998
• Cost and Works Accounting, ICWAI, 1994
Financial Statement Analysis
Accounting & Financial Policy
Academic / Professional Experience
Associate Professor, IMT Ghaziabad, 06/2017-till date
Prof. Jaiswall is a faculty member in Finance area. He is a Deloitte / J. Michael Cook Doctoral Consortium Fellow and a member of American Accounting Association and American Finance Association. His research interest is in CEO Compensation, Corporate Governance, and Accounting & Financial Policy. His teaching interests include Corporate Financial Reporting, Managerial Accounting, and Financial Statement Analysis.
Prof. Jaiswall has over twenty years of experience in training, research, accounting & finance, sales & marketing, and general management areas. He has taught at several prestigious management institutes and universities including IIM Calcutta, IIM Bangalore, University of Rochester, University of Calcutta, University of Bangalore, etc. He has conducted training programs for executives of several reputed organizations such as Asian Paints, DRL, Wipro, Bank of America, MRPL, UBI, NIA, Delhi Metro, etc.
Research & Publication
- Corporate Governance and CEO Compensation in Indian Firms, 2016, with A. K. Bhattacharyya, Journal of Contemporary Accounting and Economics, 12(2):159-175. The journal is in category ‘A’ in ABDC ranking.
- The Role of Operating Efficiency and Asset Productivity in Relative Performance Evaluation and CEO Compensation in Indian firms, 2016, with A. K. Bhattacharyya, Decision (the official journal of IIM Calcutta), 43(3):201-221.
- CEO Compensation Contracting Disclosures in India, 2016, with A. K. Bhattacharyya, Indian Accounting Review, 20(1):40-59.
- Relative Performance Evaluation in CEO Compensation: Evidence from India, 2015, with M. Jaiswall and A. K. Bhattacharyya, Indian Accounting Review, 19(1):23-36.
Research Papers Presented:
- CEO Power, Board Monitoring, and Potential Incentive Problems associated with Sales Growth as a Performance Metric for CEO Pay in India, with K. K. Raman, 2017
- JAAF Accounting Symposium held at IIM Ahmedabad in January 2017. JAAF is a prestigious US journal in category `A’ in ABDC ranking.
- Corporate Governance and CEO Compensation in Indian Firms
- Plenary Session of the 2015 Annual Symposium of Journal of Contemporary Accounting and Economics, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. JCAE is prestigious Asia-Pacific journal in category ‘A’ in ABDC ranking.
- Cost Heterogeneity and Relative Performance Evaluation
- Annual Conference, American Accounting Association, Washington, DC, 2012
- Midyear Conference, American Accounting Association Management Accounting Section, Houston TX, 2012
- Accounting & Finance PhD Student Workshops, Simon Business School, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY, 2009 – 2011
Conferences, Doctoral Colloquiums, & Faculty Development
- Journal of Accounting & Economics, 30th Annual Conference, Rochester, NY, 2008
- Journal of Accounting, Auditing, & Finance Symposium, IIM Ahmedabad, 2017
- Journal of Contemporary Accounting & Economics, Annual Symposium, KL, 2015
- William H. Meckling Colloquium, Simon Business School, University of Rochester, 2009
- Future Faculty Workshops, University of Rochester, 2010 and 2012
- Accounting & Finance PhD Student Workshops, Simon Business School, University of Rochester, 2008-2012
- American Accounting Association (AAA) / Deloitte / J. Michael Cook Doctoral Consortium, Lake Tahoe, CA, 2010
- AAA Management Accounting Section Doctoral Colloquium and Mid-Year Conference, Seattle, WA, 2010
- AAA Management Accounting Section Doctoral Colloquium and Mid-Year Conference, Seattle, Houston, TX, 2012
- AAA Financial Accounting & Reporting Section Doctoral Colloquium and Mid-Year Conference, San Diego, CA, 2010
- India Finance Conference, IIM Calcutta, 2015, 2011
Achievements & Awards
- American Accounting Association / Deloitte / J. Michael Cook Doctoral Consortium Fellow, 2010.
- Doctoral Fellowship, University of Rochester, USA, 2007-2010, 2011-2012
- Nominated for the President of India Medal, University of Calcutta, 1995
- First Rank in M.Com., University of Calcutta, 1994
Academic & Professional Memberships
- American Accounting Association
- American Finance Association
- Indian Accounting Association
- Previously, Associate Member, ICWAI
- Previously, GARP, USA