PhD , Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha, GGSIP University, India.
MBA International Business IIFT, Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, Delhi India.
BSc Economics Hons, St Xavier’s College Kolkata, University of Calcutta.
International Marketing, Marketing Management, International Trade, environment and policy, Marketing Research.
Industrial Up-gradation for Indian companies, Internationalization strategies, The role of innovation and institutions in trade development and growth specific to India.
Research and Publications
- Capacity Building and Growth , work-in-progress.
- Arora, S. (2015). Micromax Informatics India : Marketing Strategy for Emerging Markets. EEMCS, Emerald Emerging Market Case Studies. Volume 5, issue 5.
- Arora, S. & Mittal, S. (2014). The Dimensions of internationalisation in Apparel and Clothing industry. Management and Labour studies, SAGE Publications. Volume 39, issue 3.
- Mittal S and Arora S, “Capacity building as the new engine for growth”, Foreign Trade Review ,IIFT India, vol. XLV – 2010 ( 2)
- Mittal S and Arora S, “Intensifying export performance through planned capacity building: A study of Indian Apparel exporters” Journal of Global Fashion Marketing, Taylor and Francis Publication , vol 2-1, 2011.
- Mittal S and Arora S, “Enhancing global competitiveness through planned capacity building” Samadhan Journal, Ulrich’s USA Directory July 2010.
- Chapter Contribution : ‘Research Handbook of Export Marketing’ Dr. Craig C. Julian, Southern Cross Business School, Southern Cross University, Australia 2013-2014
- Chapter Contribution in book titled : “Marketing, Management and International Business Theory and Practice: Contemporary Issues and Research in Selected Countries.” 2013-2014
- “A case for industrial upgradation in Indian apparel industry” 2nd KTO Paper Development Workshop SKEMA Business School Sophia Antipolis (French Riviera) June 2013.
- “The role of innovation, internationalization and institutions, the 3Is at Micromax Informatics Pvt Ltd” A case study 2013 ISIS-Greece International Multidisciplinary Academic Conference Organized by Institute of Strategic and International Studies-ISIS and International Academy for Advancement of Business Research-IAABR
- “Firm level capacity building for internationalisation of Indian SMEs”, Research Paper presented at Center for International Business, Aalborg University, Denmark, May-June 2012.
- “ Internationalisation strategies for emerging market multinationals, India”, to be presented at “Emerging Multinationals, Outward investment from emerging economies” conference to be held at Copenhagen Business School, Denmark October 2012.
- “Micromax reinvented the McAloo tikki burger” A case study on Micromax Informatics Pvt Ltd, at The 13th International Convention of the East Asian Economic Association to be held on 19–20 October 2012 in Singapore. The theme of the Convention is “Opportunities and Challenges for Asian Economies in the New Millennium”.
- “An Internationalisation model for Indian SMEs”- a research paper presented at 2nd International iSME Conference, Bangalore India, November 2011 organized by Groupe ESCPAU France. The iSME Conference is supported by the Special Unit for South South Cooperation (UNDP), a subsidiary organisation of the United Nations. It is organized in partnership with the Association Internationale de Recherche en Entrepreneuriat et PME (AIREPME) and sponsored by the Pau Béarn Chamber of Commerce and Industry (France).
- “Global Branding at Dabur International Ltd – A Case Study” presented at ICMC 2008, International Conference for Management cases and published in proceedings. Conference organized by IMT Ghaziabad in collaboration with University of Greenwich UK.
- “Intensifying export performance through planned capacity building: A study of Indian Apparel exporters” Presented at Global Marketing Conference 2010 Tokyo organized by Korean Academy of Marketing Sciences, KAMS.
- “Outsourcing – a challenge in cross cultural communication” Presented at EU-ALFA Conference Organised by University of Monterrey, Mexico 2007, Published in conference proceedings.
- CASES Published with Instructional material in book form: • ICMC 2006- IMT Ghaziabad;
- “A study in the sequential entry of Indian firms in overseas markets” using the Proportional Hazards Model. A timeline was used in the study for studying OFDI amongst select Indian companies through a CASE STUDY approach
- A systematic review of literature to analyse research studies from various perspectives on the same topic.
- A study of the factors affecting the global competitiveness of Indian exporting community. This research is conducted during the period 2006-07 under the aegis of a Government body.
- Market Research Project on “Study of QMS –Quality management systems – used as tools for brand building in the readymade garments industry” Forecasting and Predictive Analytics
- Visual Merchandising for a retail store in India, with overseas presence of the parent company.
- Market Research project for a leading English daily desirous to launch a virtual store for a pan India network
Academic Experience :
- Assistant Professor, IMT Ghaziabad 2013
- Adjunct Faculty ISBF, LSE International Programme in India (2010-2013)
- Assistant Professor, Amity Business School Noida (2005-2010)
- Consulting Management Incorporate, CMI Kolkata (2003-2005)
- Al Ghurair University Dubai UAE (2001-2003)
Professional Experience :
Asst Product and Brand Manager, Ashima Syntex Pvt Ltd Ahmedabad (1998-2000)
Achievements and Awards
- BEST INSTRUCTOR AWARD for Teaching Pedagogical innovation in International Business course, through Project X Culture in collaboration with University of North Carolina, Greensboro, UNCG. USA in the academic year 2015-16.
- Member of SAB, Strategic Advisory Board for Project X Culture at UNCG, USA.
- Session Chair for International Marketing at the AIM-AMA SHETH Foundation Doctoral Consortium 2016 organised by IMT Ghaziabad
- Recipient of AMA-SHETH FOUNDATION RESEARCH GRANT FOR DOCTORAL CONSORTIUM IN 2015, held at IMT Dubai.
- Merit Position in B.Sc Economics Hons at St Xavier’s College Kolkata.(1992-95)
- Merit Position at IIFT Delhi final year of the MBA Program (1996-98)
- Editorial Board member for official journal – AMITY BUSINESS REVIEW (2007 to 2010) [EBSCO Listed]
- Area In charge – International Business, Amity Business School 2010.
- Dean of Student welfare, Amity Business School – 2010
- Faculty development workshops for research methodology and SPSS Training, Simulation Games training.