Professor Emeritus - On Lien
Area: Operations & Supply Chain Management
B.E.(Chemical)- University of Roorkee, Roorkee (Now IIT, Roorkee)
M.B.A.- University of Poona, Poona (Now Savitribai Phule Pune University)
Diploma in Materials Management-Prin. L.N. Welingkar Institute of Management Development & Research, Mumbai
M. Phil (Entrepreneurship)-Madurai Kamraj University, Madurai
Ph.D (R&D Management)- Pt. Ravi Shankar Shukla University, Raipur
International Logistics & Supply Chain Management
Quality Management in Higher Education
Globalization – A New Paradigm in Higher Education
Cross-cultural issues in Operations Management
Research and Publications
Papers/ Articles Published
- A paper on” Global Strategic Partnerships-A New Paradigm for Academic Institutions” written by Prof.(Dr.)Satish Ailawadi & Ms.Reka Tozsa, National University of Public Service, Budapest, Hungary has been published by the Association of Management Development Institutions in South Asia (AMDISA) in their proceedings of conference on “Accreditation for Institutional Learning and Growth” held at Hyderabad, India, on 8th December, 2015.
- “Impact of homemade food products business in developing successful women entrepreneurs” in International Journal of Management and Behavioural Sciences” IJMBS, ISSN no. 2278-5671, Vol 3, April, 2013.
- “Simulation Model for the System under Three Different Environmental Conditions” in International Journal of Information and Decision Science; January 2012
- “World-class Manufacturing-A Journey to Business Excellence” in “Udyog Pragati”-The Journal for Practising Managers in their issue April-June,2010 in-house journal of National Institute of Training in Industrial Engineering (NITIE), Mumbai.
- “Quality Management of Technical Education in India-A Critical Study” published by Higher Education Forum in ‘Indian Journal of Higher Education’ in their issue April-September, 2010
- “Trends in 3rd Party Logistics-A Global Perspective.” in the Journal of Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, New Delhi, February, 2010.
- “Challenges of Indian Pharma Industry-Post TRIPS.” published in “BIZCRAFT” A Journal of Contemporary Management Perspective by Faculty of Management Science, S.S.M.R.K. College of Engg. & Tech., Bareilly, U.P.; August 2007.
- “Women Entrepreurship-A Route to Empowerment”- published in book “Women Entrepreneurship and Economic Development-Edited by Sanjay Tiwari and Anusha Tiwari and published by Sarup & Sons, New Delhi; 2007
- ICICI Bank- Initiatives to Tap Rural Market in India” published in ‘FINSIGHT’ July-September, 06 issue of Centre for Advanced Banking & Finance Studies, ICFAI Business School, Mumbai.
- “Low Cost Airlines- A study” published in “BIZCRAFT” A Journal of Contemporary Management Perspective by Faculty of Management Science, S.S.M.R.K. College of Engg. & Tech., Bareilly, U.P.; Dec 2006.
- “World of Tata Steel-Moving where the Markets are”-A Case study; in “Effective Executive” published by ICFAI press, August 2005 issue.
- “Videocon-A Truly Indian Multinational Company”-A Case Study. In Effective Executive” published by ICFAI press, November, 2005 issue.
- “Development of Transport Industry in India” in Materials Management Review, Oct 2005 issue of Indian Institute of Materials Management.
- “Commoditization of Brands” in “Effective Executive” published by ICFAI Press, December 2005 issue.
- “Supply Chain Management for Effective Retailing” published in “BIZCRAFT” A Journal of Contemporary Management Perspective by Faculty of Management Science, S.S.M.R.K. College of Engg. & Tech., Bareilly, U.P. ; July-December,2005
- “Branding is Immortal” in “Effective Executive” published by ICFAI Press, March, 2006 issue.
- “Entrepreneurship Challenges in 21st Century” in Materials Management Review, May, 2005 of Indian institute of Materials Management.
- Strategic Alliance in Outsourcing towards Supply Chain Management” in Materials Management Review Vol V –Issue 3(May-June 2003) of Indian Institute of Materials Management, Mumbai.
- Second Edition of book on “Logistics Management published by Prentice-Hall, New Delhi
- A book on “Principles of Entrepreneurship” published by Everest Publishing House, Pune; November, 2006
Book Reviews and Case Study:
- Why People Buy Things They Don’t Need- Understanding and Predicting Consumer Behaviour Authored by Pamelan N. Danziger, Published by Corpus Collosum Learning Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai,; 2006.
- “Asian Brands Strategy- How Asia Manages its Brands” published in ICFAI Journal of Brand Management, June, 2006 issue.
- “A Case Study “Designing a SCM Network” published in the proceedings of One Day State Level Workshop on “Case Method-Teaching and Writing” under Quality Improvement Programme held on 21 January 2017 at J.D.C. Bytco Institute of Management Studies & Research, Nashik”
- Presented a paper on “Shaping a Vibrant Path to the Future of Business Education” in AMDISA’s 14th South Asian Management Forum scheduled from 24th to 26th April, 2017 at Male, Maldives.
- Presented a paper on ”Global Strategic Partnerships-A New Paradigm for Academic Institutions” written by Prof.(Dr.) Satish Ailawadi & Ms.Reka Tozsa, in Cross Cultural Business Conference 2016, at School of Management, University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria, Steyr Campus, Austria from 19 to 20 May 2016
- Presented a Research Paper on “Entrepreneurial Branding” at SIMSR-Asia 2010 International Marketing Conference on 4th and 5th January, 2010.
- Presented a Case Study on “FM Radio-Changing Radio Listening Habits” at ICFAI Business School, Gurgaon during a conference on Marketing held during the period 26th to 28th March, 2008.
- Presented a Research paper on “Is Indian Retail Industry ready for Mall Culture” at AIMS International Conference on Management held at Indian Institute of Management, Indore during 28th December to 31st December 2006.
- Presented a Case Study on “A Cultural Connect to Youth Apparels- A Study of Spykar Jeans.” at ICFAI Business School, Gurgaon during a conference on Marketing held during the period 19th to 21st March 2007.
Management Development Programmes
(a) Operations Management and Logistics & Supply Chain Management for Naval Officers at INS Hamla, Malad, Mumbai; during the period Sept-Oct 08; Feb-March 09, and October, 2015.
(b) Logistics and Supply Chain Management for Dachser India Pvt. Ltd. in January 2014.
(c) Total Quality Management for Mid-Level Managers of Midhani Industries Ltd., Hyderabad in November, 2017.
- June, 2018 – at present – Professor Emeritus – Operations & Supply Chain Management, IMT, Ghaziabad
- May, 2015- May, 2018-Director –IMT, Hyderabad
- April, 2011 to April, 2015- Director-K.J. Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research, Mumbai
- June, 2008 to April, 2011-Professor & Area Chairperson-Operations & Supply Chain Management-K.J. Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research, Mumbai
- June, 2007 to April, 2008-Professor- Marketing & Supply Chain Management and Programme Coordinator-Vivekananda Education Society’s Institute of Management Studies & Research, Mumbai
- June, 2006 to July, 2007- Associate Professor- Marketing & Supply Chain Management-Vivekananda Education Society’s Institute of Management Studies & Research, Mumbai
- May, 2005 to June, 2006- Faculty Member-Marketing-ICFAI Business School, Mumbai
- February, 2001- April, 2005- Associate Professor- Marketing & Supply Chain Management-Vivekananda Education Society’s Institute of Management Studies & Research, Mumbai
Worked for 28 years in different capacities in reputed business organizations such as The Bombay Dyeing & Mfg. Co. Ltd., NIRLON Limited; NELCO Ltd; Mitsubishi Corporation, and Raymond Woollen Mills Ltd; in the areas of Supply Chain Management, Materials Management, Imports & Purchases, Export Administration, Vendor Development, Product Management and Sales Administration. In 2001 left corporate job at The Bombay Dyeing & Mfg. Co. Limited and joined Academia as an Associate Professor-Marketing & Supply Chain Management at Vivekananda Education Society’s Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai.
Part-time & Consulting Engagements
Member of Academic Advisory Board of:
(a) Datta Meghe Institute of Management Studies, Nagpur
(b) Durgadevi Saraf Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
(c) Nagindas Khandwala College of Commerce & Arts, Mumbai
Achievements and Awards
- Approved PhD guide of Mumbai University as well as SNDT Women’s university, Mumbai
- Visiting Faculty– University of Applied Sciences, Steyr, Austria
- Sponsored by the Government of Maharashtra for workshop on “The multidisciplinary Approach to University Development” at Harvard University, USA
- Sponsored by K.J. Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research, Mumbai for a short-term program for leaders in management education on “Innovating for Excellence” at Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad.
- Invited to deliver a course in Materials Management at Ingolstadt University, Germany
- Received an award as a ‘Best Director’ by MBA by Choice for the year 2014.
- Member of Peer Review Team for SAQS Accreditation by Association of Management Development Institutes of South Asia (AMDISA).
- Received “Education Leadership Award” from Business School Affaire & Dewang Mehta National Education Award on 17 November 2017.
- Received “Bharat Shiksha Ratan Award” from Global Society for Health & Educational Growth, New Delhi on April 07, 2018.
- Ex- Member of the Senate of SNDT Women’s University, Mumbai
- Ex- Chairperson-AIMS-Maharashtra Chapter