Area: Strategy, Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Rajnandan PATNAIK has a PhD in Business Management from Utkal University, India, an MBA from the University of Queensland, Australia and a degree in Mechanical Engineering from Utkal University, India. As a post-doctoral research scholar at the Whitman School of Management, Syracuse University, US, he undertook research in the area of Academic Leadership.
Before joining IMT Ghaziabad, he was the Dean at IMT Dubai during 2018-19. Earlier, he was Professor and Dean at IMT Hyderabad and IMT Nagpur. He teaches courses on strategic management, strategic alliance and integration, business simulation, and entrepreneurship strategy. Prior to becoming a faculty member, he was a consultant with global consulting company, Mott Macdonald, working on projects that were funded by World Bank, Department for International Development, Asian Development Bank and more.
He has published more than 30 research papers, numerous field and library business cases, and a book on Value Chain Revolution. His teaching interest lies in Strategic Management, Business Models, Simulation Games, and Entrepreneurship Strategy.
PhD. from Utkal University, India; MBA from university of Queensland, Australia, BE from Utkal University
Industry Experience 9 Years
Academic Experience 15 Years
Complex Adaptive Systems, Evolution of Industry, Industry Dynamics, Competitive Strategy, Case Research, and Academic Leadership
- Preparation of Feasibility Plan and Branding of Vidharva Oranges.
- Preparation of City Corporate Plan and Capital Improvement Programme for the Municipalities of Thiruchengode, Namakkal, Cuddalore and Mayiladuthurai in Tamil Nadu (WB funded).
- Support Agency for Planning, Monitoring, Procurement, Construction, Operation & Maintenance, and Maintenance of Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Facilities to 38 Villages in Nargund and Ron Taluk of Gadag District (WB funded).
- Detail Design, Estimates, Bids and Commissioning of additional 10 MLD Sewage Treatment Plant at Port Area, Visakhapatnam with a Treated Water Reservoir and a Salt Water Barrier for Visakhapatnam Port Trust.
- Detailed Project Report for Comprehensive Sewerage Scheme for the old city of Visakhapatnam and a 28 MLD Sewage Treatment Plant, for Municipal Corporation, Visakhapatnam.
- Planning, Design & Bids for 15 Hospitals in 5 Coastal Districts of Orissa for Orissa Health Systems Dev. Project (World Bank funded) in Orissa.
- Operational Strategy of Toowoomba Foundry for its management looking for a turnaround, at Toowoomba.
- Marketing Strategy for Springfield Real Estate Development Area, a A$350 Million Project for MUR Group of companies.
- Export Potential study of Mobile Integrated Network Data Access Policing Software for Queensland Transport.
Strategy, Simulation Games and Industry Dynamics