P. K. Biswas
Dean - Research
Area: Strategy, Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
• Life Member, Indian Sociological Society.
• Life Member, Indian Institute of Public Administration, New Delhi.
• Life Member, Indian Society for Training and Development.
• Member, Rural Development Forestry Network, Overseas Development Institute, U.K.
• Member, Common Property Resource Management Network, Yale School of Forestry, USA.
• Member, Community Forestry Network, FAO, Rome.
• Member, Regional Wood Energy Development Programme Network, FAO, RAPA, Bangkok.
• Member, ILEIA Network, The Netherlands.
• Member, Joint Forest Management Network (Institutional and Gender Issues) of Ford Foundation, India.
• Resource Person for Social Sciences in Forestry Curricula of Winrock International
• Member of National Committee on Protection of Natural Resources.
• Trustee, Action for Social Advancement, Bhopal
• Board Member, Samhita Community Development Services
• Life Member Society for Promotion of Wastelands Development, New Delhi.
• Member, Academic Advisory Board, Jagran Institute of Communication Management, Bhopal.
• Life Member, Bhopal Management Association.
• Panellist in the interview committee of the UNICEF.
• Panellist in the interview committee of FORD Foundation for International Fellowship.
• Member, Advisory Committee, e-zine “Science-tech Entrepreneur”, published by Entrepreneurship Development Institute and Department of Science and Technology, Government of India.
• Member, Central Region Project Selection Committee of Poorest Areas Civil Society Programme (PACS) supported by DFID.
• Executive Member of Madhya Pradesh Vigyan Sabha, Bhopal.
• Expert Committee Member of the M.P. State Audit Advisory Board, M.P.
• Board Member of National Centre for Human Settlement & Environment.
• Member of National Task Force on CII’s India@75 Programme
• Chairman, Governing Council , IFMR LEAD , Chennai
• Expert Committee Member of Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Youth and Development for Curriculum on Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship
• Expert Committee Member of IGNOU, Delhi for Curriculum Development
• Invitee Member of IFMR Board
• Member of International Advisory Board of 11th ISDSI (Indian Subcontinent Decision Science Institute)
• Member of Governing Council – Skyline University Nigeria
• Chairman Senate of the Skyline University Nigeria
• Member, Indian Cultural Association, Kano Nigeria
Research & Publications
Books : 2 Books and 1 Booklet
Journals: Articles/ Papers published: About 44 papers in national/ international peer-reviewed journals
Papers Presented: Presented 30 papers or more in National/ International Conferences/ Seminars/ Workshops
Sponsored Projects: Completed 54 projects sponsored by several organisations. Notable ones are: Ford Foundation, Action Aid India, TERI, ISO/ Swed Forest, UNICEF, AFARM, PRADAN, ASA and others
Management Development Programmes
Conducted about 60 programmes. Some of the major ones are as under:
- Gender Issues
- Social Skills Development
- Training of Trainers
- Micro Enterprise Development
- Sustainable Development
- Management of Socio Economic Data for Local Level Planning
- Frontiers of Development Research
Notable Sponsors are:
USAID, UNFPA, SIDA, JICA, Government of India and many State Governments
- Vice Chancellor, Skyline University, Nigeria, April 2018 to November 2018
- Director, Institute for Financial Management & Research (IFMR), Chennai/Sricity, August 2014 to March 2018.
- Director, Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management (LBSIM), August 2013 to August 2014.
- Professor at Indian Institute of Forest Management (IIFM), Bhopal (an autonomous Institute under Ministry of Environment and Forests, Government of India) since its inception in 1984 till July 2013.
- Faculty Associate, Personnel Management and Industrial Relations Area, Administrative Staff College of India, Hyderabad during December1983 to May 1984.
- Programme Officer, Shramik Vidyapeeth, Rourkela from April 1983 to November1983 (Government of India, Polyvalent Adult Education Centre).
- Research Fellow at Institute for Social and Economic Change, Bangalore during October 1978 to April 1983.
Part-time and Consulting Engagements
Completed around 22 consulting projects. Majority of them are sponsored by international organizations like World Bank, ADB, JICA, DFID, DANLEP, UNICEF and several State Governments including Government of India.
Achievements and Awards
- State & National Merit Scholarships till Ph.D.
- Awarded Best Faculty by the Students Council of IIFM twice during 2006- 07 &2007-08.
- Awarded Best Mentor by the Student’s Council of IIFM in 2008-09.
- Awarded Bharat Jyoti Award by India International Friendship Society, on 29th August 2012 at India International Centre, New Delhi for Excellence in Development Management.
- Awarded Siksha Rattan Award by India International Friendship Society, on 30th October, 2012 at India International Centre, New Delhi for Excellence in Development Management.
- Awarded “Educators” by Times of India group at New Delhi, in October, 2013.
- Featured in “Trail Blazers 2014”, coffee table book compiled by Times of India group, January 2014.
- Got Award as the Best B-School for Social Initiatives, for IFMR by ASSOCHAM, February 2016.
- Got Award for Managerial Excellence in the category of Educational Institutions for IFMR by Madras Management Association, July, 2016.
- Created Centre of Livelihood Management at IIFM.
- Created Centre for Social Entrepreneurship at IFMR.
- Got the Gold Award for Academic Leadership in Research by Indian Management Conclave, organized at IIM, Ahmedabad in August 2016 for IFMR. The Jury was headed by Prof. M.R. Rao, Former Dean, ISB, Hyderabad and Director, IIM Bangalore.
- Got SAQS [South Asian Quality Assurance Systems] Accreditation for IFMR effective December 2017 to November 2022.
- Awarded citation for “100 Most Dedicated Professors” in World Education Congress, Mumbai, July 5, 2018.