Fellow/PhD from the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (1982),
M.Com., Department of Commerce, Delhi School of Economics, University of Delhi.
B.Com. (Honours), Shri Ram College of Commerce, University of Delhi.
Financial Management / Corporate Finance
International Finance and Treasury Management
Financial Derivatives & Risk Management
Financial Accounting and Analysis
Cost and Management Accounting
Management of Financial Institutions
Management of Financial Services
Consolidated Financial Accounts
Corporate Financial Management
IFRS and Corporate Reporting Practices
Banking and Financial Sector Reforms
Derivatives and Risk Management
Management Accounting and Control
- Financial Sector Reforms in India – The Roadmap Ahead, (Lead Editor), published by Excel India Publishers New Delhi, 2010.
- Basics of Finance, published by ITC International Business Division, and used for their in-house training program under the auspices of Academy for Instituting Rural Excellence project, 2008.
- Financial Management – Indian edition (Co-author), published by APESMA-Deakins University, Australia, 1996. [Used as course-text for their International distance-learning MBA Program in India].
- Principles of Cost Accounting (Lead co-author), published by Allied Publishers, New Delhi, 1978. [Subsidized by the National Book Trust of India].
Selected publications in Journals/Book-chapters:
- Ahuja NL & Gupta Sweta (2013), “Global Synfuels’ financial and strategic appraisal of a coal-to-liquid project”, published in Emerald Emerging Markets Case Studies Collection, Feb 2013, Emerald Group Publishing Limited United Kingdom.
- Ahuja NL (2012), “Tata Corus Merger: A Visionary Deal or Winner’s Curse”, published as a chapter in ‘India: Acquiring its Way to a Global Footprint’ edited by Dr. S. Yesudian of London Business School, published by Palgrave MacMillan, United Kindom.
- Ahuja NL and Ahuja BR (2012), “Intellectual Capital Approach to Performance Evaluation: A Case Study of the Banking Sector in India”, published in ‘International Research Journal of Finance and Economics’, pp. 110-122, issue 93 July 2012, published by EuroJournals, Inc., United Kindom.
- Ahuja NL (2009), “Tata Corus Merger: A Visionary Deal or Winner’s Curse”, published in the SmartManager, Mumbai, Vol.8, Issue 3. [The case study won an award in the international case-writing competition organized by the Aditya V. Birla India Centre at the London Business School, UK].
- Ahuja NL & Gupta Sweta (2009), “Carbon Credits Market: Development, Problems and Prospects – An Emerging Market Perspective”, published in Management Perspectives, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp 26-43.
- Ahuja NL (2008), Case-study on The State Bank of India Published in the Smart Manager, Mumbai, Vol.7, Issue 2, pp152-164. [The case study won an award in the international case-writing competition organized by the Aditya V. Birla India Centre at the London Business School, UK].
- Ahuja NL & Sweta Gupta (2007), Cost Management and Working Capital Management in Dabur India Ltd., published in Global Business Review, International Management Institute New Delhi, Vol. 8, No. 2 pp. 335-350.
- Ahuja NL & Sweta Gupta (2007), “Garuda Udyog Financing Strategy”, Published in the SmartManager, Mumbai, Vol. 6, Issue 4, pp100-108. The case study was selected by the journal for organizing a TCS sponsored National Case Analysis competition.
- Ahuja NL (2006), Commodity Derivatives Market in India: Development, Regulation and Future Prospects, published in International Research Journal of Finance and Economics, Eurojournals, North Carolina USA, Volume-2, 2006.
- Ahuja NL (2006), “Understanding Indian Overseas Investments”, published in Indian Management, Journal of the All India Management Association, Vol. 45, Issue6 of .[pp. 56-66].
- Ahuja NL (1995), paper on ‘working capital management in PSUs’ published in Indian Management, journal of the AIMA, New Delhi.
- Ahuja NL (1988), paper on ‘Accounting Standards & Auditors’ Responsibility’ in The Chartered Accountant, New Delhi (The paper won a prize from ICAI)
- Ahuja NL (1985), paper on ‘Making Budgeting Systems Work’, published in the Journal of Management and Labour Studies, XLRI Jamshedpur.
Other Selected Articles:
- Ahuja NL (2006), “Banking: Managing Risk with Credit Derivatives”, The Edge, January 2006.
- Ahuja NL (2005), “Hedge With Care”, The Edge, New Delhi, April 2005.
- Ahuja NL (2005),”Financing Problems of Small Enterprises”, The Edge, New Delhi, September 2005.
- Web-article: Ahuja NL (2005), “Techniques and Strategies of Managing Foreign Exchange Risk”, Indiainfoline.com, June 2005.
Awards/Prizes in International Case-writing Competitions:
- Won the CEEMAN/Emerald Case Writing Competition 2012: my case on ‘Global Synfuels’ was selected as one of the best cases in this international case writing competition and won a prize. [Lead co-author]
- Won case writing international competition organized by AV Birla Center at London Business School, U.K. and awarded prize in 2008 for my case on ‘Tata-Corus Merger: A Visionary Deal or Winner’s Curse’. The case is registered with the European Case Clearance House (ECCH).
- Won case writing international competition organized by AV Birla Center at London Business School, U.K. and awarded prize in 2007 for my case on ‘State Bank of India’. The case is registered with the European Case Clearance House (ECCH).
- Best Professor award: Best Professor in Financial Management award presented by The World Education Congress (WEC), June 2012.
Conferences/Workshops organized and attended:
- Papers presented at International conferences: presented research papers at several international conferences including Harvard University (USA), Oxford University (UK), Greece and Israel.
- Have planned and organized national and international
Conferences/workshops 1.Three day International conference in Finance, Accounting and Global Investments in August 2008. Over 40 research papers were presented by scholars from India, USA, Malaysia and UAE etc.
2.A one-day Case Workshop in May 2011, on how to write and use cases in the finance and accounting area, providing training to over 30 faculty members.
3.A two-day National Conference on “Financial Sector Reforms in India: The Roadmap Ahead” in April 2010.
Teaching: Over 30 years’ experience of teaching at high ranking institutions including IMT Ghaziabad, IIM Calcutta, XLRI Jamshedpur, Faculty of Management Studies (University of Delhi), Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, International Management Institute New Delhi and others.
- Foreign assignments: Served as Commonwealth (CFTC) Expert in finance and accounting, University of Buea, Cameroon (2000-2004): Founded and managed Centre for ACCA (U.K.) Studies; trained the trainers and taught ACCA courses. Also taught ACCA courses at Seychelles Institute of Management (1993 & 1998-1999). Prior to that, taught professional accounting/finance courses in Tanzania (1991-93).
- Director/Nominee Director: Served as Director, BLS Institute of Management Ghaziabad (2009-10) and as a Government nominee Director on the Board of Uranium Corporation of India, a PSU (1986-88).