Area: Marketing Management
Fellow Programme in Management (PhD), March, 2018.
Indian Institute of Management, Indore
M.B.A. (Marketing & H.R.), 2006.
Prestige Institute of Management and Research, D.A.V.V., Indore, M.P.
Bachelors of Science (Computers), 2003.
Holkar Science College D.A.V.V., Indore, M.P.
Digital Marketing, Retail Marketing, and Service Marketing
Online Retailing, Haptic orientation, and Service co-creation
- Pandey, J., Sadh, A., Billore, A. (2017). Need for Touch: A Barrier in Online Shopping—Identifying Compensatory Factors in an Online Context. In: Stieler M. (eds) Creating Marketing Magic and Innovative Future Marketing Trends. Developments in Marketing Science: Proceedings of the Academy of Marketing Science. Springer, Cham. ISSN 2363-6165
- Pandey, J., Vakeel, K. A. (2016). I can live without money, but I cannot live without e-wallet”: Comparing business models of e-wallet. In Indian Management Cases. ET Cases. Case ID ECOMM-1-0004, ECOMM-1-0004. ISBn: 978-81-931001-4-1
- Salwan, P., Pandey, J. (2015). Creating value in emerging economy: a case study of IndusInd Bank. In International Business Environments and Operations, Fifteenth Edition, Pearson Publication. ISBN 978-01-334-5723-0
- Pandey, J. (2017). Why Consumers Indulge in Showrooming and Webrooming behaviour? An Emerging Market Perspective. Presented at 9th China India Insights Conference organised by Yale School of Management U.S.A. held on September 28-30, 2017 at Cheung Kong Graduate School of Business, New York, U.S.A.
- Pandey, J., Sadh, A., Billore, A. (2017). Exploring the Role of Positive e-Word of Mouth as an Alternate for Need for Touch in Online Shopping. Presented by co-author at International Marketing Trends Conference, held on January 26-28, 2017 in Madrid, Spain
- Pandey, J. (2016). Exploring the Role of Need for Touch as a Differentiator in Perceived Risk of Online Shopping and Identifying Compensatory factors: An Evidence from India. Presented at the 8th Annual China India Insights Conference held on July 21-23, 2016 at London Business School, London U.K.
- Pandey, J., Sadh, A., Billore, A. (2016). Need for Touch – a Barrier in Online Shopping: Identifying Compensatory Factors in an Online Context. Presented at the 44th Academy of Marketing Science Annual Conference held on May 18-20, 2016 in Orlando U.S.A.
- Pandey, J. (2016). The Success Story of Indigo Airlines in Indian Aviation Industry. Presented at 5th Asian Management Research and Case Conference (AMRC) 2016 “Internationalizing Asian Businesses” held on January 16-18, 2016 at University of Wollongong, Dubai (UAE)
- Pandey, J., Sadh, A. (2015). Exploring the Antecedents of Showrooming and Webrooming in Emerging Market. Presented by co-author at Asia Pacific Conference on Business and Social Sciences held on November 23-24, 2015 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Pandey, J., Motiani, M. (2016). Need for Touch as a Differentiator in Perceived Risk of Online Shopping. Presented at 4thPAN-IIM World Management Conference held during December 13-15, 2016 at Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad, India
- Jayasimha, K.R., Tapar, A.V., Pandey, J. (2015). Are you sure you want to Stay!!! Investigating Customer’s Presence in Separated Services: The Emerging Market Context. Presented at 3rdPAN-IIM World Management Conference held on December 16-18, 2015 at Indian Institute of Management Indore, India
- Jayasimha, K.R., Pandey, J., Tapar, A.V. (2015).Exploring the Unconventional Phenomenon of Presence of Customer’s in Separated Services in Emerging Market. Presented at 4th Biennial Indian Academy of Management Conference held on December 11-13, 2015 at IIM Lucknow (Noida Campus), India
- Saxena, N., Pandey, J. (2017). Banyan Roots: Living by its name? Growth of a Social Venture. Accepted for presentation at North American Case Research Association’s Annual Meeting in Chicago, IL, October 19-21, 2017.
- Pandey, J., Rihana (2017) Stay home and shop online! Exploring the relationship between personality traits and haptic orientation in online shopping. Accepted for presentation at 7th IIMA Conference on Marketing in Emerging Economies – January 11-13, 2017.
- Pandey, J., Sadh, A. (2016). Product Brand Image as Compensatory Factor for Inability to Touch a Product in an Online Context. Accepted for presentation at 10th NASMEI International Marketing Conference 2016 held on December 23-24, 2016 at Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai, India
- Attended, “Teaching with cases” workshop in IIM Indore-NASMEI Summer Marketing Conference held on July 27, 2017 at IIM Indore
- Attended, 5th AIM – AMA Sheth Foundation Doctoral Consortium organised during January 6-8, 2017 at Prin. L. N. Welingkar Institute of Management Development & Research Mumbai, India
- Attended, PLS-SEM (Smart PLS 3)Post-Conference Workshop by Prof. Joe Hair and Prof. Christian M. Ringle on May 21, 2016 at Orlando U.S.A.
- Attended the Professional Development Workshop in the Third PAN-IIM World Management Conference on the theme India: The Next Decade held on December 15, 2015 at Indian Institute of Management Indore
- Attended, “Experiments in Business Policy “Workshop at 3rd IIMA Summer School held on June 2-7, 2014 at I.I.M. Ahmedabad, India
Assistant Professor IMT Ghaziabad, October 2018-till date.
Lecturer, Department of Business Management, Dr. H. S. Gour Central University, Sagar (M.P.) from October, 2010 to June, 2013.
Lecturer, Swami Vivekanand Institute of Technology (SVNIT), Sagar (M.P.) from September, 2008 to September, 2010.
Assistant Manager, Centurion Bank of Punjab, (Jabalpur and Indore) from April, 2006 to April, 2008
Part-time & Consulting Engagements
Visiting Faculty at IIM Rohtak: May, 2018 – October, 2018.
Academic and Editorial Services
Reviewed papers for NASMEI Summer Marketing Conference organized by IIM Indore (2017), India.
Achievements and Awards
- Qualified the UGC-NET for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) –Sep, 2012.
- Recipient of scholarship given by Yale school of Management for the two consecutive years to attend 8th and 9th Yale China India Insights Conference held in London (July, 2016) and in New York (Sep, 2017).