Area: Marketing Management
• PhD (Marketing) from Vinod Gupta School of Management, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur.
• Masters of Business Administrations (MBA) from Gautam Buddh Technical University, Lucknow.
• Master of Commerce (M. Com)
Service Quality, Mobile Banking, Scale Development, Electronic Word of Mouth, Qualitative Analysis, Mix-method Analysis, Experimental Research
Research and Publications
- Book chapter titled Measuring Mobile Commerce Service Quality: A Review of Literature of the book “M Commerce: Experiencing the Phygital Retail”, Published by Apple Academic Press partnered with CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group (in Press).
- Shankar A., Jebarajakirthy C., & Vaikunthavasan S. (2018). How to make higher education institutions innovative: an application of market orientation practices, Journal of Nonprofit & Public Sector Marketing, A Taylor & Francis Publication (Accepted) (Scopus, ABDC-B).
- Shankar, A., & Datta, B. (2018). Factors Affecting Mobile Payment Adoption Intention: An Indian Perspective. Global Business Review, 9(3_suppl), S72-S89, A Sage Publication (Scopus, ABDC-C).
- Shankar, A., & Kumari, P. (2016). Factors Affecting Mobile Banking Adoption Behavior in India. Journal of Internet Banking and Commerce, 21 (1), 1-24. (ABDC-C).
- A Shankar, A., & Datta, B. (2017). Measuring e-Service Quality: A review of literature. International Journal of Services Technology and Management, An Inderscience Publication (forthcoming). (Scopus, ABDC-C).
- Shankar, A., & Kumari, P. (2018). Factors Affecting Displacement Risk. International Journal of Society Systems Science, An Inderscience Publication (Accepted).
- Gunjan, M., & Shankar, A. (2014). Rural Banking Sustainability in India: Technical Challenges and Solution. Journal of Maharaja Agrasen College of Higher Education, 1(1), 1-10.
- Shankar, A. (2012). Total Quality Management in Secondary Education: Perception of Teacher in Meerut Region. International Journal of Research Journal of Economics and Business Studies, 1 (12), 41-45.
- Shankar A., Kumar, A., & Batra, S. (2012). A comparative study between major dailies of Meerut with special reference to times of India. International Journal of Research and Development, 1(2), 1-9.
- Batra, S., & Shankar, A. (2012). Analyzing the feasibility of green marketing in Indian automobile industry. International Journal of Management Research and Reviews, 2(11), 1909.
- Analyzing the Impact of E-Banking Service Quality on Customer Loyalty at 2018 AMA Winter Academic Conference, New Orleans, Louisiana USA during February 23–25, 2018.
- Alternative Instruments for Measuring Mobile Banking Service Quality at ANZMAC 2017, RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia during February December 4-6, 2017.
- Assessing the Impact of Waiting Time on Consumer Satisfaction in Branch Banking at ICFMCF 2017, organized by Vinod Gupta School of Management,IIT Kharagpur during July 7-8, 2017.
- M-B-QUAL: A Scale for Measuring Mobile Banking Service Quality at ANZMAC Mid-Year Doctoral Colloquium, organized by Griffith Business School, Brisbane, Australia during June 22–23, 2017.
- Factors Affecting Adoption of Mobile Governance in India: An Extension of Technology Acceptance Model at 10th Doctoral Thesis Conference 2017, organized by IBS Hyderabad during April 20-21, 2017.
- Dam Build with Tears: Factors Affecting Displacement Risk in International Conference on Peaceful and Prosperous South Asia- Opportunities and Challenges (ICSA-2017), organized by JIIT, Noida during March 27-29, 2017.
- Impact of Perceived Risk on Mobile Banking Adoption in India in MDC and VRS, 2017 held at VGSOM, IIT Kharagpur.
- Factors Affecting Mobile Payment Adoption Intention: An Indian Perspective in COSMAR, 2016 held at IISC Bangalore.
- Job Satisfaction at Training Company in Research Methodology Workshop 2016, at VIT University Vellore.
- Factors Affection Mobile Banking Adoption Behavior in India in PhD Consortium 2015 on Management in the 21st Century held at IIT Bombay.
- Changing Dimensions of E-Recruitment: A Roadmap Ahead” In MDC and VRS 2015, held at VGSOM, IIT Kharagpur.
- FDI in Indian Retail Sector: Analysis of Competition in Agro Food Sector in national Seminar on Economic Up gradation: Environmental Degradation 2014, held at Omkarananda Institute of management & Technology, Meerut.
- Effect of Advertising on Consumer Behavior of University Students in 2nd International Conference on Business Innovation & IT 2013, held at CAEHS, Meerut.
- Understanding Regional Growth in India in national seminar on new wave of economic reforms: Opportunities and challenges for business 2013, held at IIMT, Meerut.
- Analyzing The Feasibility of Green Marketing in Sports Goods Manufactures in Meerut in International Conference on Innovative management practice for global competitiveness 2012, held at LLDIMS, New Delhi.
- Foreign Direct Investment in Indian Retail Sector in national conference on Innovative strategies for global business in recessionary times 2012, held at KC group of Institution, Pandoga, (HP).
- The Role of Research in Higher Education: Implication and Challenges in national Seminar on Research in management studies-A pathway for knowledge creation 2012, held at NIILM, Noida.
- Mobile Banking: A Technological Revolution in Indian Banking Sector in national seminar on impact of public sector reforms on the performance of central public enterprises in India 2012, held at CERT, Meerut organized by ICSSR, New Delhi.
- Revolutionizing Banking Through Financial Inclusion: Commencement of New Epoch in national conference on financial inclusion and cycle of poverty 2012, held at NIT, Meerut
- Revolutionary Innovation and Technology in Banking Sector: Impact on Service Quality in national seminar on creating value by embrasacing change 2012, held at KITE, Meerut
- Role of IT in Rural Marketing Development: A Changing Paradigm in national conference on Role of IT & Management in sustainable development 2011, held at IMR, Ghaziabad.
- Merger and Acquisition: A Strategic Tool for Sustainable Development in national conference on financial sector reforms in India-The roadmap ahead 2010, held at BLS, Ghaziabad.
- Assistant Professor IMT Ghaziabad, August 2018-till date
- Lecturer, Gautam Buddh Technical University, Lucknow from August 2011 to June 2014.
- Key resource person for FDP on “Structural Equation Modeling: Moderation and Mediation Analysis” during October 29 to November 2, 2018.
- Short Term Training Program on “Digital Marketing” organized by Vinod Gupta School of Management Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur in collaboration with Capillary Technologies during July, 5-8, 2018.
- Doctoral summer school 2017 on “Structural equation modelling and Panel data econometrics” Organize by Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIMA) during June 1-4, 2017.
- “A Ten-day Workshop on Research Methodology and Data Analytics for Social Sciences”, 2016 held at VIT University Vellore, organized by Indian Council of Social Science Research.
- Author workshop on “Scholarly Publishing”, 2015 organized by Wiley Publication and IIT Kharagpur.
- Author workshop, 2015 organized by Springer Publication and IIT Kharagpur.
- Workshop on “Protection of Copyright and Patent”, 2015 Organized by MHRD IPR CHAIR Kharagpur.
Achievements and Awards
- UGC- NET (JRF) in Management
- UGC- NET (JRF) in Commerce
- Best paper award for Dam Build with Tears: Factors Affecting Displacement Risk in International Conference on Peaceful and Prosperous South Asia- Opportunities and Challenges (ICSA-2017), organised by JIIT, Noida during March 27-29, 2017.
- Best paper award for Job Satisfaction at Training Company in Research Methodology Workshop 2016, at VIT University Vellore.
- Best paper award for “Internet: Risk and Reward” in national conference 2011, at Institute of entrepreneurship development, Bihar organized by DSIR, Government of India.
- Reviewed papers for 2017 Summer AMA Conference to be organized by American Marketing Association in San Francisco California, USA during 4-6 August, 2017.
- Reviewed papers for 2017 ANZMAC Conference to be organized by Australia and New Zealand Marketing Academy, in RMIT Melbourne, Australia, during 4-6 December, 2017.
- Journal of Indian Business Research
- International Journal of Management and Humanities.
- International Journal of Development Issues