A. Uday Bhaskar
Research and Publications
Significant Research Publications (Journals) :
- “Career dynamics in India: A two-wave study of career orientations and employability of graduates” (2019) Accepted for publication in Personnel Review (A category in ABDC) with Yehuda Baruch & Bijaya Mishra
- “Putting workplace spirituality in context: examining its role in enhancing Career satisfaction and reducing turnover intentions with perceived organizational support as an antecedent” (2019) Accepted for publication in Personnel Review (A category in ABDC) with Bijaya Mishra
- A Study of Predictors of Entrepreneurial Intentions: Development of Comprehensive Measures. Global Business Review, Vol. 16 (3). 2017. With one-author.
- “Exploring relationship between Learning Organizations Dimensions and Organizational Performance” International Journal of Emerging Markets. Vol.12, No.3. 2017. With one co-author.
- Gupta, S., & Bhaskar, A. U. (2015). Doing Business In India: Cross Cultural Issues in Managing Human Resources. Cross Cultural & Strategic Management, 23(1), 184-204.
- Gupta, S., & Bhaskar, A. U. (2015). Effective Utilization of Post-Assessment Center Data of Organizations in India. The Indian Journal of Industrial Relations, 51(2), 223-237.
- Mishra, B., Sharma, B. R., & Bhaskar, A. U. (2015). Predictors of Employee Engagement: The Case of an Indian PSU. Indian Journal of Industrial Relations, 50(3), 469-478.
- Bhaskar, A. U., & Mishra, B. (2014). Organisational Learning and Work Engagement: A Study of an IT organization. Indian Journal of Industrial Relations, 49(3), 541-550.
- Bhaskar, A. U., & Mishra, B. (2013). Impact of Learning Organization Attributes on Organizational Performance: A Study of an Indian PSU. Indian Journal of Industrial Relations.
- Bhaskar, A. U. (2012). HR as business partner during mergers and acquisitions: The key to success is to get involved early. Human Resource Management International Digest, 20(2), 22-23.
- Bhaskar, A. U., Bhal, K. T., & Mishra, B. (2012). Strategic HR Integration and Proactive Communication during M&A: A Study of Indian Bank Mergers. Global Business Review, 13(3), 407-419.
- Mishra, B., & Bhaskar, A. U. (2011). Knowledge Management Process in Two Learning Organizations. Journal of Knowledge Management, 15(2), 344-359.
- Mishra, B., & Bhaskar, A. U. (2010). Empowerment: A Necessary Attribute of a Learning Organization. Organizations and Markets in Emerging Economies, 1(2), 48-70.
- Mishra, B., & Bhaskar, A. U. (2010). The Learning Enabling Structure: Validating a Measuring Instrument. Indian Journal of Industrial Relations, 46(1), 157-164.
- Bhal, K. T., Bhaskar, A. U., & Venkata Ratnam, C. S. (2009). Employee Reactions to M&A: Role of LMX and Leader Communication. Leadership and Organization Development Journal, 30(7), 604-624.
- Mishra, B., Khurana, A., & Bhaskar, A. U. (2008). Do learning organizations differ in their culture and reward patterns?. Productivity.
- Mishra, B., Khurana, A., & Bhaskar, A. U. (2007). Development of Organizational Change Questionnaire. Global Business Review, 8(1), 87-97.
- Bhaskar, A. U., & Rath, B.P (2002). Achieving Excellence through Corporate Governance. Personnel Today. 23(2), 7-39.
- Mishra, B., Khurana, A., & Bhaskar, A. U. (2006). Construction of a Learning Enabling Structure Scale (LESS). Management & Change, 10(1), 33-42.
- Bhaskar, A. U., Bhal, K.T & Venkata Ratnam, C.S. (2003). Ethical Issues in Change Management: An Empirical Study, Journal of Human Values, 9(1), 19-28.
Papers in Refereed Conferences :
- Exploring the relationship between Workplace Spirituality and Knowledge Retention in India. Paper presented at the 76th Annual Meeting of the Academy of the Management, 5th – 9th Aug 2016, Anaheim, California. (With two co-authors).
- Bhaskar, A. U. (2012, December). Challenges before Indian Trade Unions in the face of New Global Order: Response from Trade Union Federations. Presented at 54th ISLE Conference of Banaras Hindu University.
- Bhaskar, A. U. (2010, March). Organizational Learning Capability and Job Satisfaction. Presented at Third Global Forum on Emotional Intelligence and Leadership Conference of Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai, India.
- Bhaskar, A. U. (2009, August). Communication and HR Integration: Study of a Bank Merger. Presented at 15th IIRA World Congress.
- Bhaskar, A. U. (2009, December). Labour reforms without tears: Indian Context. Presented at Indian Society of Labour Economics Conference.
- “Employment Relations in a global economy: A paradigm shift” Invited paper presented and published in the proceedings at the 13th IIRA World Congress, Sept 8-12, 2003, Berlin. With two co-authors.
- “Organizational Learning Capability and Job Satisfaction” presented at the Third Global Forum on Emotional Intelligence and Leadership Conference held in Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai, 5th-6th March, 2010. With one co-author.
Publications in Business Magazines/Trade Journals
- “Reengineering Human Resources Function through I.T.” Excellence in Supervision. A Journal of the National Productivity Council, July-August 2001.
- Improving Competitiveness through TQM: Lessons from the Vizag Steel Experience”, Excellence in Supervision, A Journal of the National Productivity Council, Nov-Dec 1998.
Sponsored Projects / Consultancy:
- Recently completed (June 2012) Employee Engagement Survey for Executives & Non-Executives of Indian Oil Corporation Ltd (IOCL)
- SCOPE Awards for Overall Public Sector Excellence, 2010
- SCOPE Meritorious Awards for Best HR Practices among PSUs. 2008 -2010
- HR Restructuring for Industrial Infrastructure Corporation of Orissa (IDCO) 2008
- Provided consultancy to Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Management (Central University) 2008
- Employee Engagement Survey for IOCL in 2007
Management Development Programmes
Organised a large number of MDPs for public and private sector clients. Some of the clients are GMR Group, EIL, Indian Oil Corp, NTPC, FAB India, Hero Honda, Hindustan Zinc Limited, Vedanta Alumina, Indian Economic Service, Indian Statistical Service, Nokia Siemens Networks, Jindal Steel and Power Limited, Idea Cellular Limited, Vodafone Services, SAIL, Tata Power Limited, BEL, etc.
International Management Institute, IMI, Delhi 2007 – 2013
Visiting Professor to IIM Rohtak, 2013
Adjunct Professor to IIM, Kozhikode during academic year 2009.
Adjust Faculty to the Dept of Management Studies, IIT-Delhi. 2009.
Visiting Faculty to IIM Lucknow, Noida Campus, 2010-2-12.
Teaching Assistant at IIT-Delhi from 2002-2007.
Member of the Admissions Committee at IMI during 2010-2012.
Member of the Academic Council at IMI during 2010-2011.
Hostel Warden, IMI Hostel, during 2011.
Case Writing Workshop conducted by Richard Ivey School and ISB Hyderabad, 2008.
Jury Member of the NASSCOM Next Practices HR Awards 2012
Achievements and Awards
Fellowship from ILO for visiting to Freie University, Berlin to present research
Scholarship from IIRA to present an invited paper at the 15th World Congress at Sydney, 2009.