Doctoral (FPM), International Management Institute (IMI) New Delhi.
M.B.A from Faculty of Management Studies, Jammu University.
B.Sc. in Mathematics (Hons.) from Miranda House, University of Delhi.
Services Marketing, Marketing, Cross-Cultural Marketing, Understanding Indian consumers & Markets, Consumer Behaviour, Marketing Research
- Services Marketing, Service Orientation & Service Performance
- Employee Engagement
- Higher Education, Business Education
Research and Publications
- Popli, S. and Rizvi, I.A., 2016. Drivers of Employee Engagement: The Role of Leadership Style. Global Business Review, 17(4), pp.965-979.
- Popli, S., & Rizvi, I. A. (2015). Exploring the relationship between service orientation, employee engagement and perceived leadership style: a study of managers in the private service sector organizations in India. Journal of Services Marketing, 29(1), 59-70. http://www.emeraldinsight.com/doi/abs/10.1108/JSM-06-2013-0151. The journal is ranked by ABDC journal quality list- A ranking; Scopus; Thomson Reuters Social Science Citation Index.
- Aggarwal Sharma, A., Rao, V. R., & Popli, S. (2013). Measuring consumer-based brand equity for Indian business schools. Journal of Marketing for Higher Education, 23(2), 175-203. http://www.tandfonline.com /doi/full/10.1080/08841241.2013.866609#.UrT_utIW2ik. The journal is ranked by ABDC journal quality list-C and is Abstracted and/or indexed in: Australian Research Council (ARC) Ranked Journal List; ERIC; Gale Cengage: Business ASAP; RePEC
- Popli, S., & Rizvi, I. A. (2008). Cross cultural learning preferences: Implications for Management Education. Management & Change, 12(1), 125-140.
- Popli, S. (2005). Ensuring customer delight: A quality approach to excellence in management education. Quality in Higher Education, 11(1), 17-24. http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/13538320500078874. The Journal is ranked by ADBC as C and is abstracted and indexed in Australian Research Council (ARC) Ranked Journal List, British Education Index; Educational Administration Abstracts; Educational Research Abstracts online (ERA); ERIC; SCOPUS®.
- Aggarwal, A., Rizvi, I. A., & Popli, S. (2004). Global branding of business schools: an Indian perspective. Welingkars Res. J, 2(4), 2-31.
- Popli, S. (2002) Retail-The evolving revolution. Apeejay Business Review 3(1), 55-60
Book Chapters & Cases:
- Popli, S., Rizvi, I.A., & Skaria. G (2015) Leading Change and Growth at Save the Children India”, a case study on leadership and engagement in the not-for-profit sector published with The Case Center, March 2015; Case reference No. 415-035-1. http://www.thecasecentre.org/educators/search/results?s=AC9B8C1493D344D685BE2160A049D035
- Rizvi, I., & Popli, S. (2002). Excellence in Quality of management Education. Business Excellence Models for Success in 21st Century. New Delhi, Institute of Directors Books.
- Co-chaired and lead a team at IILM to present and organize the 1st International conference on Responsible Management Education & Practice in collaboration with United Nations PRME (Principles for Responsible Management Education), January 9 to January 11, 2014 at the IILM campus in Lodi Road.
- Understanding Today’s Learners (2014) , presented at the 2014 EFMD annual conference in Vienna, Austria on the theme of The art of teaching and learning held from 15-17 June 2014
- Measuring Brand Equity – A case for business schools in India (2012) at the EFMD annual conference on research in higher education, held at the The Lorange Institute of Business, Zurich on the 13-14th February 2012. The paper was co-authored with Dr. Ashita Sharma & Dr. V. Rao
- Trends in Business Education from Diverse Regions: Who are tomorrow’s players? A Perspective from India as a part of the panel on Brazil, India and China (2012) at the EFMD Annual Meeting for Deans & Directors General, Feb 2-3 2012 at Nottingham, UK .
- Impact of the economic crisis on management education in India (2009) presented at the plenary session at efmd (European Foundation for Management Development) at Brussels, June 2009
- Cross Cultural Learning Preferences: A perspective on India (2005) at 1st International Conference on Intercultural Communication competence – Implications for Business, Education and Politics, organized by Asean-EU University Network Programme (ECCP Project) in association with Singapore Management University, Singapore, 6-7 October 2005.
- Popli, S (2002). Transforming Quality Paper presented at the 7th Quality in Higher Education International Seminar, RMIT, Melbourne, October 2002.
Management Development Programs & Training
- As a consultant with Aon-Hewitt for Assessment & Development Centres conducted various ACs and DCs for JSPL, Jindal Steels, NTPC, Astra Zeneca & Honda Motors to name a few from 2011 and 2013;
- Trainings for various public sector and govt. organisations including IAS & IPS officers, EIL, BHEL, VV Giri National Labour Institute since 2010 in the areas of managing customers, planning and goal setting, work attitudes & emotional intelligence
- Trainings and workshops for faculty members as a resource person ◦At IIT Delhi as a part of the Faculty development program on Creating and Institute of Excellence in October 2013 and Feb 2012;
◦at NUEPA as a part of the “Orientation Programme in Leadership Development for Women Administrators in Higher Education” organised by the National University of Education Planning and Administration. (NUEPA) in 2011;
◦Led and organised various programs and meets on campus and with collaborating partners on effective teaching and enhancing learning as a part of the role at IILM.
20 plus years of full-time experience in teaching, research and academic leadership.
- Adjunct Professor – IMT Ghaziabad.
- Visiting Professor – BIMTECH, Greater Noida.
- Professor & Dean – IILM Institute for Higher Education, New Delhi
- International Visiting Professor – ESCA, Casablanca, Morocco (2016); MBA Centre Shanghai University, China (2005).