Research and Publications
- Singh,R. and Singh,R (2015). Drivers of salesperson’s customer orientation. In Boundary spanning elements and the marketing function. Switzerland: Springer International. ( To be published )
- Vlachos, P., Panagoupoulos, N., Theotokis, A., Singh,R., and Singh, R.(2014), “When do Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives impact on customer facing employees? Evidence from India and The Netherlands” , International Journal of Human Resource Management ( Accepted )
- Singh, R & Venugopal, P (2015), “The impact of salesperson customer orientation on sales performance via mediating mechanism”, Journal of Business and Industrial Marketing
- Agnihotri, R., Rapp, A., Kothandaraman, P., & Singh, R. (2012), “An Emotion-Based Model of Salesperson Ethical Behaviors. Journal of Business Ethics, 109(2), 243-257.
- Agnihotri, R., Krush, M., & Singh, R.(2012),“ Understanding the mechanism linking interpersonal traits to pro-social behaviors among salespeople: lessons from India”, Journal of Business & Industrial Marketing, 27(3), 211-227.
- Singh, R. & Singh, R. (2012), “Karma orientation in boundary spanning sales employees: A conceptual framework and research propositions”, Journal of Indian Business research, 4(3), 140-157.
Reviews and Case Study:
- Singh, R, Singh,R., and Beniwal, A., “The Bharat Times and its Vendors: Distribution Relationships in Newspaper Industry” in Cases in Business Marketing (co-edited by Pramod Paliwal, Ramendra Singh, and Sudhir Yadav), Tata McGraw Hill Publishers, 2013.
- “Drivers of Salesperson’s Customer Orientation: A Work Value Perspective” Co-authored with Ramendra Singh, presented at International Conference on Research in Marketing, IIT Delhi, 2013.
- “Effective Customer Orientation in Salespeople: Role of Salesmanship Skills, Emotion Regulation and Natural Rewards Strategies” presented at Academy of Marketing Science Doctoral Consortium, Reims, 2011.
- “Salesperson’s Customer Orientation and Sales Performance Relationship: Moderating Influence of Salesperson’s Selling Skills, Self- Leadership Strategies and Emotional Intelligence” at MARCON, 2010, IIM Calcutta.
- “Salesperson’s Karma Orientation: A Conceptual Framework and Research Propositions” (Co-authored with Ramendra Singh) at AMA Marketing Educator’s Conference (winter), New Orleans (Feb, 2010).
- “Potential moderating influences of organizational and personal variables on customer-oriented selling-sales performance relationship” at National Conference in Sales Management, Norfolk, Virginia. (March 25-March28, 2009)
- “Customer-Oriented Selling: Effectiveness Framework and Research Propositions”, a work in progress, presented at NASMEI 2009, held at Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai.
IMT Ghaziabad, 2014 -till date
Guest Faculty – IIM, Kolkata (2011-2013)
Visiting Faculty- JSB, Kolkata (2010)
A career spanning over 24 years in Bennett Coleman and Company Limited in sales and marketing function. Worked at several positions in North, East and North-Eastern markets. As Deputy General Manager-Results and Market Development (Kolkata), I was reporting to the Executive President and was involved in key marketing decisions including brand launches, pricing, channel optimization, readership research, direct sales planning, sales force recruitment and training, optimizing sales operations costs. Additionally, I served as a consultant for circulation development project at The New Age, Johannesburg.
Achievements and Awards
- Launched a new Bengali Newspaper brand ‘Ei Somoy’ in Kolkata and established it as No.2 in less than 12 months.
- BCCL Chairman’s Award – 2013
- Academy of Marketing Science Doctoral Consortium Fellow 2011
- ET-Power of Ideas – Special mention
- ET Awards Case Study Competition – second prize ( 2005 )