Area: Business Communication
Pursuing Doctoral Program in Business Administration(DBA) , Grenoble Ecole de Management,2013
Awarded Advanced Diploma in Management Certification ,AIMA 2011
PGDM (Hon) in Airlines, Tourism & Hospitality Management –ITFT -PTU, Chandigarh-2005
PGDM (Major-Marketing, Minor-Human Resource) –Centre for Management Education-AIMA, New Delhi,1999
M.A History (Specialization- Ancient Indian History)-Under distinguished Historian Prof. D.N Jha ,Delhi University,1991
B.A History (Hons),Indraprastha College for Women, Delhi University, Electives–English Literature,Economics,1989
Core – Business Communication for Professional Development (BCPD), Written Analysis & Communication (WAC)
Elective – Personal Brand Development (PBD)
Mentoring ,Leadership Communication , Soft Skills , Cross-Cultural Communication, Client Relationship Management
- Kalia, S,Bhalla,B,Das,Lipi, Awasthy,Neeraj(Eds) -“ Promoting Socio-Economic Development through Business Integration (2015,IGI Global –Premier Reference Series (ISSN: 2327-5677,EISSN:2327-5685)
- Das, Lipi- “Reflections from Indian History : Story-Telling for the New Age Mentor”,Chapter 28 in Book -Leadership through the Classics: Learning Management and Leadership from Ancient East and West Philosophy [Hardcover]Gregory P Prastacos (Editor), Fuming Wang (Editor), Klas Eric Soderquist (Editor) ,Published by Springer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K, Page 419-436 March 31, 2013 (ISBN -978-642-32444-4)
- Das,Lipi ,”Learning from Socrates and Ramanujan: Case-Teaching method in Management”- Perspective Paper –Published in UPKRAM –Magazine on and for Public Sector Undertaking -Vol 10 No 39 October –December 2012 Issue (ISSN -2277-4580 )
- Das,Lipi ,’Management Education –Power Driver for Entrepreneurship” -Presented in ICRICKET Conference 2013–Published in Book –Sustainability & Development : Paradigm Shift in Knowledge Creation & Innovation –Academic Reference series Edited by- Ajay Singh, Jay Mitra ,Neeraj Awasthi.(ISBN 978-93-82563-58-7)
- Patnaik,S.S & Lipi Das,” Resurgent Odisha : Sustaining Growth and Equity –Need for Strengthened Institutions and Improved Performances” Presented in ICRICKET Conference 2013–Published in Book –Sustainability & Development : Paradigm Shift in Knowledge Creation & Innovation –Academic Reference series Edited by- Ajay Singh, Jay Mitra ,Neeraj Awasthi.(ISBN 978-93-82563-58-7)
- Das, Lipi ,”Leadership Communication Footprint: The Panacea par Excellence” ,Presented in FOBE 2012 and Published in ‘Beyond Norms Management for Excellence’-Edited by Rakesh Chopra,Sandeep Puri, Jayanthi Ranjan, Gunjan Malhotra (ISBN 978-93-82563-44-0)
- Das, Lipi -Case Study -“The Blue Dart Experience –Communication –The Cutting Edge of Human Technology”, Published in Global Business & International Management Conference Journal USA, Volume 5, Number 3 ,August 2012 (ISSN 2155-1219) GBIM listed in EBSCO and Ulrich’s Directories of Refereed Publications.
- Das, Lipi “The Case for PDP /Study Skills and Professional Development Programs in developing global managers with International Soft Skills Set” presented at AIMA –National Research Conference, New Delhi held during 12 January-13th January 2011. Published in Book of Conference Proceedings: “Globalizing India –Role & Response of Indian B-Schools” (ISBN 978-81-8323-098-8)
- Book Review –Article –Published in “Management Perspective”- Peer Reviewed Bi- Annual Journal (Vol I Number I) IILM Journal Jan-July 2009
- Online article: http://customerservicemanager.com/can-mystery-shopping-improve-customer-service-levels.htm ,Published in www.customerservicemanager.com (UK Based e-magazine for Customer Service Professionals) (July 2007)
- As Member of ITFT Editorial Team – Contributed Chapters ,research/improvement of the original manuscript of the book “Service Industry Management” published by ITFT Publications (2005)
- Contributed towards Research /Improvement of Concept Paper –‘Roadmap -Human Capital Management for Service Industry’- FEAST International Convention (2005) Chandigarh
- Das,Lipi , Career Development Perspective: Maximizing Excellence through Quality ,World Summit on Accreditation(WOSA) ,New Delhi 25 March -28 March 2012.
- Kalia ,Shalini and Lipi Das “Challenges in Management Education in 2020 : Roadmap through Soft Skills”, presented at Eighth AIMS International Conference on Management ,IIM-Ahmedabad 1 January -4 January 2011.
- Presented Paper on “Role of Mentoring, Coaching in learning work environment” at Third Global Emotional Intelligence & Leadership Conference (FEIL) at Tata Institute of Social Sciences Mumbai 2010.
Das, Lipi, Case Study –“DIMTS (Delhi Integrated Multi Modal Transit System) : The Urban Transport Service Initiative” ,Research Development Workshop ,7TH Global Business School Network (GBSN) Conference ,New Delhi ,11 June – 14 June 2012.
- Assistant Professor-Business Communication –IMT Ghaziabad (August 2013 till date)
- Senior Lecturer-Business Communication –IMT Ghaziabad (August 2010- July 2013)
- Lecturer–Life Skills & Business Communication ,IGSM ,Greater Noida (July 2008-July 2010)
- Visiting Faculty-Soft Skills, PDP-Indian Retail School, Delhi, (Dec 2007- Aug 2010)
- Faculty- Persona Enhancement, Management & Business English – Air Hostess Academy, New Delhi (March 2006 – June 2008 )
- Faculty-Employability Skills ,Customer Care & Interpersonal Skills ,Geography of Tourism -ITFT ,Chandigarh (April-2004-December 2005)
- Faculty –PCP Classes -AIMA Nodal Centre: Chandigarh, (May 2003-April 2004)
Full Time Positions Held:
- Currently at IMT-Ghaziabad- Faculty Coordinator:Alumni Relations Committee
- Member :Committee for Industry Interface
- Member: IMT-Grenoble Ecole De Management Doctoral Program Committee
- Faculty Mentor: IMT-Ghaziabad Toastmasters International Club
- As AACSB Task-Force member co-ordinated and mentored key activities towards standard alignment plan
- Head-Academics, Institute of Tourism & Future Management Trends (ITFT), Chandigarh, (Affiliated to Punjab Technical University) (April-2004-December 2005)
- AM-Customer Service, TNT Express India Ltd-Chennai, (Feb 2002-Feb 2003)
- Customer Relations Executive-Modi Korea Telecom, Chandigarh (FEB-96 –Sep-97)
- Senior CSE, Blue Dart Express ,New Delhi (March 93- December 95 )
- As part of University of San Diego -IMT STEP Program –Facilitated Student International Business Consulting Practicum at Blue Dart Express North India .
- Part of the IMT Faculty Team involved in CBS STEP Program on Innovation & Entrepreneurship .
- Co-ordination of IMT-GEM, France DBA Seminar Meets 2012(Corporate + Alumni) across Mumbai,Pune, Delhi,Gurgaon,Bangalore,Chenna,Kolkata.
- Part of the IMT Leadership & Operations team for 7th Global Business School Network Conference(GBSN) -New Delhi June 2012
- Integrated Interpersonal Communication -C.R.I.C.K.E.T Projects :
- Pachauri, Shilpi, Neeraj Awasthy, Bhawana Bhalla, Lipi Das, Shalini Kalia, Ambuj Kumar, Vaibhav Nigam ,“Effective Communication Flow in Rural Governance”. Sustainability and Development: Paradigm Shift in Knowledge Creation and Innovation. Eds. Ajay Singh, Jay Mitra and Neeraj Awasthy. New Delhi: Bloomsbury Publishing India Pvt. Ltd., 2013. Page 287 – 301.
- Tayal, Sukriti, AritraBhowmik, Gunjan Garg, Saurabh Rathi, Mainak Basu, Sambhav Jain , SaranshMahajan,Shalini Kalia,Neeraj Awasthy,Bhawana Bhalla,Lipi Das ,“A Case Study on ‘Community Development by Capacity Building using ICT’”. Sustainability and Development: Paradigm Shift in Knowledge Creation and Innovation. Eds. Ajay Singh, Jay Mitra and Neeraj Awasthy. New Delhi: Bloomsbury Publishing India Pvt. Ltd., 2013. Page 417 – 434.
- Ajmera, Harsh, Lipi Das ,Shalini Kalia,Neeraj Awasthy,Bhawana Bhalla,Pramit Das,Vivek Kumar,Abhiruchi Birnale,Ankit Malani,Shrey Mittal-“Exploratory Study on Employability Skills and Competency Factors Required in Manufacturing, Services and IT Sector for Entry Level Management Job”. Sustainability and Development: Paradigm Shift in Knowledge Creation and Innovation. Eds. Ajay Singh, Jay Mitra and Neeraj Awasthy. New Delhi: Bloomsbury Publishing India Pvt. Ltd., 2013. Page 454 – 476.
- Majumdar, Niladri , Bhawana Bhalla, Neeraj Awasthy, Lipi Das, Shalini Kalia, “A Study of Two Wheeler Sector in Rural India”. Sustainability and Development: Paradigm Shift in Knowledge Creation and Innovation. Eds. Ajay Singh, Jay Mitra and Neeraj Awasthy. New Delhi: Bloomsbury Publishing India Pvt. Ltd., 2013. Page 616 – 623.
Part-time & Consulting Engagements
- Reviewer for EEMCS (Emerald Emerging Markets Case Studies)
- Reviewer for Tata McGraw Hill Publication, Journal –“Consulting Ahead”- Consultancy Development Centre (CDC), an autonomous Institution of Department of Scientific & Industrial Research (DSIR), Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India
- B-School Pre –Placement Training Consultant, MaFoi Management Consultants
Previously Participated in MDP Programmes for Ex-Defense Service Officers, Tourist Police, JIILT, Media Transasia Group Magazine
Achievements and Awards
- Silver Star –AHA Trainer of the Month ,Delhi Region-,May 2007
- Chennai Customer Service Team “TNT -Regional High Flyer Award” ,2002
- Bravo Blue Darter Award -1995
Management Development Programmes
- Program Director-IMT- Jubilant Foodworks (Dominos Pizza & Dunkin Donut) Executive Certificate Program in Management (ECPM-01) 2015-16
- Co-program Director for custom designed “Strategy Leaders Program (SLP 1,2,3 )” for Jubilant Foodworks (Dominos Pizza & Dunkin Donut) Senior Management Executives-with focus on Strategic Thinking from a Leadership Perspective-Pedagogical design of the program is a blend of Business Simulation(MarkStrat) and Socratic Inquiry.
- Executive Learning and Development Consulting for Ashok Minda Group
- Program Director-IMT-NIIT Imperia ,IMT-International Business School of Service Management (ISS) Germany STEP Program
- Participated in MDPs for Engineers India Ltd ,Indian Institute of Public Administration(IIPA) ,Idea Cellular , Indian Oil ,Indian Postal Service Probationers , NHPC , BSNL, Vatika Ltd, Indian Oil Corporation,EXL Services,CBSE-Centum School Leadership Programs