Research and Publications
- Verma, P., and Shah, H., (Eds.), (2014). Work Life Balance- A Global Perspective. Wisdom Publications, New Delhi.
- Verma, P., and Shah, H., (Eds.), (2013). Appreciative Inquiry- Concepts and Applications. Academy of HRD, Ahmedabad.
- Shah, H. (2009). Exploring and Managing Learned Helplessness among R&D Professionals – An Empirical Research From Pharma Sector. Saarbrücken, Germany: VDM Verlag Dr. Müller GmbH & Co. KG
- Shah, H. (2013). Attracting, Motivating and Engaging Gen ‘Y’ in an Infrastructure Organization. International Postgraduate Business Journal, Vol. 5 (2), 47-61.
- Mehta, N., and Shah, H. (2013). Appreciatively Engaging Gen Y: Energizing ‘the Base’ in a Steel Plant International Journal of Appreciative Inquiry (AI Practitioner, UK), Vol.15 (1), 41-46.
- Shah, H. and Reddy, B. (2013). An Appraisal of Policy Framework towards Rural Electrification in India. 3D IBA Journal of Management & Leadership, Vol.5 (1), 88-95.
- Singh, A and Shah, H. (2013). Collective Bargaining Alternative: A Case of Strategic IR Initiative in India. International Postgraduate Business Journal, Vol. 5 (1), 77-99.
- Shah, H. and Gopal, R. (2012). Training Need Analysis for Bus Depot Managers at GSRTC. European Journal of Industrial Training, Vol.36 (5), 527-543.
- Rao, K. and Shah, H. (2012). Exploring Training Needs for Old and New Age Middle Managers. Vision– The Journal of Business Perspective, Vol.16(1), 37-43.
- Sankar, R., Shah, H. and Joshi, W. (2010). Generating Leadership Possibilities- An AI way for developing HR change leadership. AI Practitioner, UK, Vol.12 (3),20-24.
- Bhat, S. and Shah, H. (2010). Managing Work Motivation at the Bottom-A Case from Footwear Manufacturering Organisation in India. Vilkahan (XIMB, Bhubneshwar), Vol.VII (1), 141-156.
- Shah, H. and Gautam, A. (2009). HR challenges for Shipping Industry 21st Century, ACRM Journal of Business and Management Research, Vol.4 (1), 14-19.
- Shah, H. and Muncherjee, N. (2009). Fatigue and Job Satisfaction among Health Care Professionals: Issues, Challenges and Strategies. Journal of Business and Management Studies, Vol.4(1&2), 3-17.
- Saxena S. and Shah, H. (2008). Effect of Organizational Culture on Creating Learned Helplessness Attributions in R&D Professionals: A Canonical Correlation Analysis, Viklpa (IIM-A)-The Journal for Decision Makers, Vol.33 (2), 25-46.
- Shah, H. and Shah, H. (2008). Strategies for Managing Fatigue for Enhancing Job Satisfaction-An Empirical study from Call Centre Organization, SCMS Journal of Indian Management, Vol. 5(2), 73-81.
- Shah, H. and Bhat, S. (2008). Motivating Salesperson towards Customer Delight– An Empirical Case from Shoe Manufacturering Organisaion, ACRM Journal of Business and Management Research, Vol-3 (1), 1-8.
- Muncherjee, N. and Shah, H. (2007). An Exploratory Study of Impact of Fatigue on Job Satisfaction among Academicians, Journal of Business and Management Studies, Vol.1 (4), 35-44.
- Shah, H. and Sharma, V. (2007). Can Job Satisfaction Enhance Individual Performance: Empirical Study from BPO Sector. Global Journal of Business Management (Biannual Research Journal), Vol. 1(1), 55-68.
- Srivastava, D., Shah, H. and Talha, M. (2006). Determinants of competitiveness in Indian Public Sector companies: An empirical study. Competitiveness Review-An International Business Journal (USA), Vol.16 (3&4), 212-222.
- Shah, H. and Pethe, S. (2006). Impact of Organizational Role Stress on Learned Helplessness in NGO’s: Implications for Human Resource Management. Delhi Business Review- An International Journal of society for Human Transformation & Research, Vol.7 (1), 81-89.
Publication in Edited Volumes:
- Shah, H. and Sharma, T. (2009). Does Organisational Ethos fuel Burnout: An Empirical investigation from Oil Industry. In Ananad, N. (Ed.) Contemporary Issues in Energy Sector, Technology Publications (pp.331-343), Dehradoon, India. (Presented in PETROTECH – 2007, New Delhi).
- Surana, S. and Shah, H. (2007). Current State of SHRM Research: Emerging Research Issues, Challenges and Directions for Future Research. In Gupta, P and Jain, R. and Dhar, U. (Eds), Enhancing Enterprise Competitiveness (Marketing, People, IT and Enterprise) (pp.401-411). Excel Publications, New Delhi.
- Shah, H. and Surana, S. (2006). Managing diverse employees: Issues and strategies for managers. In Rohmetra, N. and Dhotra, J.R. (Eds.), Strategic Thought: In the New Age Management (pp.163-179), Excel Book, New Delhi.
- Shah, H. and Singh, P. (2005). A study of Job Satisfaction and its impact on Helplessness amongst BPO Employees: An HR agenda. In Gupta, M.C., and Chandan, G. (Eds.), Management of IT and Infrastructure for Flexibility and Competitiveness (pp.73-81), GIFT Publishing, New Dehlhi.
- Shah, H. and Rawat, K. (2005). Downsizing: A Review and Role of Leadership. In H. Trivedi (Ed.), Achieving Competitive Advantage through People (pp.572-582).Excel Books, New Delhi.
- Vyas, P. and Shah, H. (2012). Challenges of Customer Orientation and Individual Performance in Infrastructure Sector. Presented and published in ‘International Conference on Infrastructure and Energy’ (3-4 January), PDPU, Gandhinar.’
- Shah, H. and Reddy, B. (2008). Cultural Issues in CROs- New Insights for Competitive Edge. Presented at ‘ANVESH’ (9-10 April), Institute of Management, Nirma University, Ahmedabad.
- Sharma, T. and Shah, H. (2007). HR Reincarnated: embracing new competencies in the wake of emerging roles. Presented and published in National Seminar on ‘Emergence of Service Sector- Led Growth: Myth or Reality?’ held at the College of Management, Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University, Katara, Jammu.
- Shah, H. and Patel, N. (2006). People Issues in R & D Management – Role of HR Professionals. Presented at ‘ANVESH’, Institute of Management, Nirma University, Ahmedabad.
- Shah, H. (2005). EQ at workplace. Presented at ‘ANVESH’, Institute of Management, Nirma University, Ahmedabad.
- Lal, G. and Shah, H. (2005). New Public Management (NPM): Move towards Corporatisation. Presented at Seminar on ‘Inspector Raj’ (2 & 3rd Sep.2005) organized by Gandhi Labour Institute and Labour Ministry, India.
- Rawat, K. and Shah, H. (2004). Transferability of HRM Practices in Multinationals. Presented at ‘Nirma International Conference on Management’, Ahmedabad.
- Shah, H. (2004). 360 Degree Feedback Index: A Competency based evaluation tool for training interventions. Presented and published in ‘COSMAR’, Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore.
Management Development Programmes
- “Becoming Effective Team-Player and Team-Leader” at Academy of HRD
- “Competency Mapping and Assessment Center” for Gujarat Urja Vikas Nigam Ltd.
- Workshop on “Modified Personality Type Indicator (MPTI)”
- “Research Methods for HR professionals” at PMI, NTPC, Noida
- Workshop on “Capacity Building for Employee Engagement” at NIBSCOM, Noida
International Journal of Training & Development, AI Practitioner, Journal of Public Administration and Policy Research (JPAPR), International Journal of International Journal of Business and Emerging Markets (IJBEM), Journal of Management Development (JMD) and Tata Mcgrow Hills
5th Oil and Gas HR Round Table on “Leveraging HR Outsourcing for Competitive Success” organized by Indian School of Petroleum & Energy (ISPE), Mumbai.
Training / Workshops/ Seminars Attended:
- Workshop on “Learning Instruments for HRD & OD” at India Habitat Centre, New Delhi
- Workshop on “Executive Competency Assessment & Development” at India Habitat Centre, New Delhi
- “Leadership Next”- CEOs’ Conclave by SHRM, India, Hotel Trident, Mumbai
- Work Shop in Workshop on “Sensory Intelligence in Training & Development” by Dr. Colin Beard, Evolve Consulting Ltd., Mumbai
- Seminar on “Human Resource Management in Healthcare- Directions, Experience and Challenges” by Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (IIMA)
- National workshop on “Qualitative Data Analysis” organized by Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai
- Assistant Professor, Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad, Since December, 2012
- Assistant Professor, Adani Institute of Infrastructure Management, Ahmedabad (12/2010 to 12/2012)
- Assistant Professor, Academy of HRD, Ahmedabd (02/2008 to 12/2010)
- Professor & Manager- Research, AIMS, Bangalore (06/2007 to 01/2008)
- Assistant Professor, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES), Dehradun (04/2006 to 06/2007)
- DPM Scholar, Nirma University (06/2002 to 04/2006)
Part-time & consulting Engagements
Part Time Teaching:
- Psychometric Testing & Organizational Development at Institute of Management, Nirma University
- Research Studies in HRD & OD at Academy of HRD,Ahmedabad
Had worked as team member for different consulting assignments in HR & allied for different organizations like Cadila, GSRTC, STASH, GUVNL, GETRI, SAIL, UPCL, IOCL, Advinus, Eureka Forbes, Hindustan Zink, etc. Some of the selected assignments are listed below:
- Organisational Surveys – culture survey, climate survey, stress audit, employee engagement etc.
- Designing Psychological Tests to measure different Competencies
- Training Needs Identification & Analysis
- MBTI Step-II® Certified Professional, CPP®
- Certified Assessor (Assessment and Development Centre)
- Psychometric Testing Professional
- Human Process Labs—Basic & Advance, ISABS
Achievements and Awards
Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) Award