About IMT Ghaziabad
IMT Ghaziabad, established in 1980 as one of the premier private management institutes in India, prides itself as ‘the business resource hub’ for the Delhi-Northern Capital Region (NCR) of India, one of the foremost business hubs in INDIA. It has striven to develop future business leaders and entrepreneurs; and create intellectual capital that is meaningful to its stakeholders.
IMT Ghaziabad is reputed to be living by a set of values that have further supported and strengthened its vision and mission. The institute’s vision and mission statements provide direction towards effective decision-making. The mission statement is derived through a process that has taken into account viewpoints of various stakeholders. It is reviewed periodically, involving various stakeholders, to ensure its appropriateness and relevance.
IMT Ghaziabad prides itself to be consistently ranked amongst the top B-schools in the country. Some of the unique endeavors the institute has ventured into, and thereby distinguishes itself from its peer institutes, are as follows-
- Research orientation contributing to intellectual capital relevant to academia and practice in the context of its operating environment
- The institute has contributed significantly to the nation’s need for well-trained managerial workforce over the past 30 years. IMT alumni occupy leadership positions in numerous organizations of global repute, such as SAP, LG, Samsung, Goldman Sachs, Coca Cola, McCann Ericsson, PepsiCo, SC Johnson,.
- The institute has spawned numerous entrepreneurs who have gone on to create capital and have become important participants in the growth story of India as well as in the Silicon Valley.
- The institute ranks 1st amongst private B- Schools and 2nd across the country in international partnerships as per national ranking agencies of repute. These international partnerships facilitate collaborative research; student and faculty international exchange, and executive education. These international partnerships also expose the faculty and students to the diverse cultural practices and prepare them better to pursue business or management careers
- The curriculum is aligned with the institute’s academic philosophy of Global Breadth, India Depth. This provides an opportunity to continuously engage in innovating curricula by envisaging current and emerging challenges and opportunities in the business environment.
- To incorporate the contemporary academic and practice concepts, the curriculum design and delivery process is dynamic in nature. In accordance with this, the latest revision was implemented in 2012-13.
- The institute has collaborated with industry for the design and delivery of courses on contemporary fields of management like business analytics in the domains of banking, financial services and insurance, as well as marketing.
- The institute has extended its collegiate environment to the rural population by establishing the Centre for Rural Innovation and Capacity Building through Knowledge Management, Entrepreneurship and Technology (CRICKET). This center promotes and facilitates social entrepreneurship leading to business solutions for the unorganized and rural sector as well as upcoming social entrepreneurs; and research output of the faculty engaged with the cause. For example, IMT Ghaziabad students, under the supervision of faculty members, recently conducted a study on two Primitive Tribal Groups - Sabars and Birhors of Jharkhand, India. This study, titled ‘A study of livelihood options for primitive tribal groups in Jharkhand’ culminated into a documentary AAROHAN, which has been applauded on national and international forums and has also been selected among top 30 documentaries in the 10th edition of Jeevika: Asia Livelihood Documentary Festival.
- The institute is sensitized and responsive towards issues of diversity, sustainable development, and other emerging corporate and social responsibility issues. To further this cause, one of the initiatives of the institute is the creation of a student driven and student funded forum - Make A Difference Foundation (MADF). This forum is actively engaged in creating a relationship – members of the underprivileged section of the society get invited and engaged in various activities like teaching, participation in cultural events, etc. In this context, a sustainable women empowerment drive, Sashakt, was conducted for women inmates of Dasna Jail in Uttar Pradesh, India. MADF collaborated with URJA Unlimited and an NGO - All India Women’s Council to provide training in assembly of solar lamps. MADF also conducts an annual event called Joy of Giving, where underprivileged kids spend an entire day on IMT Ghaziabad campus for fun filled activities like sports, cultural events, screening of a movie, etc.
The institute strives to produce management graduates who are competent in their specific business disciplines with an understanding of the global, national, and ethical aspects of business and industry. The students are groomed to think critically through a rigorous scholarly learning process. This further encourages them to thrive on innovative practices and manage change effectively to achieve business excellence. Specifically, the institute promotes a culture of academic excellence, and prepares its students to be effective managers and potentially future business leaders. The institute further endeavors to create and nurture meaningful relationships with its stakeholders, viz. industry, academia, government, and the social sector by way of understanding their dynamic needs and modifying its course of action to meet the changing demands.
Since its inception, IMT Ghaziabad has grown from being the best in northern India to be amongst the top management schools in the country. Currently, the institute is globally visible because of its exchange programs for faculty and students and other academic engagements. It has a strong alumni network, which engages in all facets of institute building. The institute is a resource hub for recruiters and other stakeholders for various engagements appropriate to any business school.
Some courses are taught in collaboration with practitioners from industry which foster responsiveness to practical aspects and forge a meaningful partnership between IMT Ghaziabad and the industry.