FAQsPost Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM)
1. If I choose to submit more than one type of score (example CAT, GMAT plus XAT) will I be required to pay a separate fee for each score ?
No, you are not required to pay separate fee for each score. You need to fill in only one IMT Application form and you pay Rs 2000/- for the application fee, irrespective of the number of scores submitted. IMT considers the best score among available test scores before giving out final offer to candidates. You have to enter one test (Roll No/ID), if applicable. For example, if you are applying on the basis of CAT 2016 OR XAT 2017 test, enter CAT OR XAT ID. You also have the option of submitting other test scores as well. If you are applying ONLY on the basis of GMAT OR CMAT and have not yet registered for test, you can put the test name only in the particular section. Once you have registered for the test, you can edit your Application Form by logging in from the IMT Admissions Portal.
2. What is CT-GE-PI Process?
IMT will conduct the CT-GE-PI process in February 2017 for shortlisted candidates from the IMT Common Application form for its final selection process. The process has the below three components:
I. The Critical Thinking Test
After arrival and registration of the shortlisted candidates, there will be a 30 minute long Critical Thinking Test, which will evaluate the candidate on three parameters – critical thinking, written communication skills and innovation & creativity.
II. Group Exercise
After the critical thinking test, the candidates will be formed into small groups and will perform a Group Exercise. The group will be given a problem to solve or a task to perform, which they must do together with discussion among group members. For instance, they might be asked to do a short case study, solve a puzzle, or solve a business problem. This will take approximately 30 minutes and will evaluate the candidate on four parameters – contribution of ideas, leadership potential, interpersonal skills and communication & attitude.
III. Personal Interview
Post the Group Exercise, the candidate will have a personal interview of approximately 15 minutes, during which he/she will be evaluated on four parameters: domain knowledge, communication skills, versatility (extra-curricular/general awareness), as well as values & maturity. Work Experience candidates will be additionally evaluated on the relevance of their work experience in relation to the PGDM program.
The final merit of the candidate will be a cumulative weighted average which has the Academic Scores, Work Experience and the scores obtained during the CT-GE-PI process.
Both merit and campus score cut offs will be the basis of selection for IMT campuses, i.e. Ghaziabad, Nagpur, Hyderabad and Dubai
3. What factors are considered in short-listing applicants for CT-GE-PI?
For IMT Ghaziabad, applicants are short-listed for the CT-GE-PI process (please look at Admissions Criterion and process for details of same) based on one of the following admitted scores: CAT 2017 OR XAT 2017 OR valid GMAT scores. GMAT score (1st January 2013 to 31 March 2017).
For IMT Nagpur & Hyderabad applicants are short-listed for CT-GE-PI process based on one of the following admitted scores: CAT 2016 OR XAT 2017 OR CMAT 2017 (January 28 and January 29, 2017) OR valid GMAT score (1st January 2013 to 31 March 2017).
4. Are there any sectional cut-offs while short listing for interviews?
IMT considers the aggregate scores and does not have separate sectional cut-offs when short-listing applicants for CT-GE-PI process.
5. What are the different factors considered in making a final offer?
The following factors are considered in making a final offer: Academic record, Performance during the CT-GE-PI process and overall profile. Experienced candidates are further evaluated on the relevance and quality of their work experience.
6. Is there one Common Application Form for all campuses? Do I have to individually list the campuses I am interested in?
There is one Common Application Form for the four campuses – Ghaziabad, Nagpur, Hyderabad and Dubai. In the online Application Form, you need to mention your campus preference. At least two campuses have to be mentioned or maximum of all campus preferences can be entered. At the time of final offering you will be informed about the campus you are selected for.
7. How to convert CGPA into percentage?
1. Please follow your university/institution stated rule for conversion of CGPA into percentage.
2. In case your university/institution does not have any scheme or rule to convert CGPA into percentage, the same can be done by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result with 100.
8. How to calculate percentage in 10th and 12th standard?
Please mention aggregate percentage of marks for all subjects (including optional subjects) irrespective of your Board regulations.
Please note: DO NOT TAKE YOUR BOARD RULES OR OTHER RULES USED BY YOU EARLIER WHILE CALCULATING PERCENTAGE. YOU ARE TO USE THE ABOVE RULE WHICH CLEARLY STATES THAT ALL SUBJECTS INCLUDING YOUR OPTIONAL SUBJECTS ARE TO BE TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION WHILE CALCULATING YOUR 10TH AND 12TH STANDARD PERCENTAGE.
For example, if you have studied 7 subjects INCLUDING ALL optional subjects, all 7 subjects must be taken into consideration irrespective of your board rules and regulations.
9. When will I be asked about my preferences for Campuses and Programs?
You have to enter the Campus and Program preferences at the time of online application.
10. How do we submit copies of CAT, XAT, CMAT and GMAT score?
CAT 2016 and XAT 2017 scores are provided to IMT by test conducting agency.
For candidates who have got a final admit offer from IMT, official GMAT score needs to be provided via GMAC. For the purpose of Application processing, GMAT score need to be updated through IMT Admissions Portal by 15 April 2017. Application will be processed provisionally.
For CMAT 2017 (January 28 and January 29, 2017) score, you will be able to update through IMT Admissions Portal immediately.
11. What program name a candidate should give the program code / program name / School name for providing official GMAT score to IMT?
Candidate can search by typing ‘IMT’ only or ‘Ghaziabad’ only in the search box at the time of application to GMAT.
12. How do we provide official GMAT score to IMT?
Standard guidelines for acceptance of Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT®) score report are given as under:
At the time of appearing for the GMAT exam, prior to starting the test, you will have the option of selecting the program(s)* of your choice where you can send your GMAT score free of cost.
The program(s) can be selected using a drop down menu or by typing out the name of the program and the school name in the space provided (the system will bring up program names that correspond to what you have typed). In case you already possess a valid GMAT score and would like to send the same for admission to our program(s), please follow these steps:
1. Visit www.mba.com
2. Under the section ‘The GMAT’, click on sub section ‘GMAT Scores & Score Reports’. Then select the option ‘Sending your score to schools’
3. Login through your GMAT ID and select the program where you would like to send your score
4. A fee of USD $28 is charged for this service and your score will be sent electronically and securely to the school’s representative through the GMAT score reporting website within 15 working days
Please note that only electronic GMAT score reports will be accepted.
*At the time of appearing for the GMAT, a candidate can apply to any 5 programs free of cost.
13. If I have already taken GMAT test, how I can provide electronic GMAT score report?
For candidates who have already taken GMAT post 1 January 2013 and before filling in the IMT online Application Form, please provide Official GMAT score by paying the additional score fee to GMAC. This is only applicable in case the candidate gets admission offer from IMT. The official GMAT scores needs to be provided on or before the registration to the program. IMT needs the final official score of the student at the time of registration of the candidate on campus.
For candidates who have not taken GMAT before filling in the online application form, they can do so on or before March 31, 2017. You are required to send us the unofficial scores via scan to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 31, 2017 and the official scores on or before April 15, 2017. For such candidates, IMT will process the application provisionally, subject to final GMAT score.
14. How do I know which scores to submit?
You can choose to submit more than one score. IMT will choose the best score before giving out the admission offer.
15. What are the specializations being offered at IMT Ghaziabad/ Nagpur/ Hyderabad/ Dubai?
Please refer to the website of each campus as below:
16. How many students will be admitted in 2017?
IMT Ghaziabad has an approval of 480 seats in PGDM and 180 in Dual Country PGDM, IMT Nagpur has an approval of 360 seats in PGDM and IMT Hyderabad has an approval of 240 seats in PGDM.
17. At this point in time do I need to send my academic transcripts/documents?
No. At this point in time you are not required to send/mail/upload your academictranscript/documents. Only those applicants who are paying by DD need to affix their passport-size photo to the tear-off sheet and send it to address mentioned on it along-with DD.
18. At this point in time, am I supposed to mail my application form to IMT?
Only those applicants who are making the application fee payment through DD are required to post the ‘tear-off’ sheet to IMT along-with DD. Those applicants, who are directly making the payment online, are not required to mail the application separately.
19. If I make payment online, do I have to send IMT anything afterward?
No. Once your online payment goes through and your ‘Application Number’ is generated, your application is considered complete. You do not have to post/email anything to IMT.
20. What if I don’t get a confirmation email within 24 hours of completing my application?
In case you do not receive a confirmation email on completing the online application, you can still log on to the ‘Admissions Portal’, which will have the updated status on your application.
– Login on IMT Admissions Portal: http://www.imt.edu/admit2017
– Login id: Your Registered e-mail ID
– Password: Same as entered earlier during application process.
21. When will my application status get updated on the link?
When you make the online payment, the application status gets updated immediately. For those choosing to send a DD with the tear-off sheet, the application status is updated once the DD is received at the IMT admissions office.
22. Can I fill more than one application and appear more than one time in selection process?
No, you can not appear more than one time in selection process. It will be deemed as a fraudulent activity if one attempts to appear more than once. To ensure this your Identification document will be checked at the time of CT-GE-PI process and your final registration process at IMT Campus.
23. If I have made any mistake(s) while applying at IMT, Can I make changes later to rectify?
You can edit your application by logging in to IMT Admissions Portal as explained in item No 20 above. You will not be able to edit the name of candidate. Editing facility on application would be available for limited period only.
24. Why Identification Document details are required?
Identification document details are needed in order to verify the applicants as well as for prevention of fraudulent activities. The identification of candidate will be done through Identification document during the admission process. Candidate has to provide any one identification document details of the following. The ONLY ID proof/s which are accepted by IMT are:
1. PAN Card
3. Valid Driving License
4. Voter’s ID card
5. Aadhar Card
The above has to be of the applicant who is applying to IMT. WE DO NOT ACCEPT ID PROOF OF PARENTS, RELATIVES, and SIBLINGS etc. in any stage of the admissions process
25. Does IMT have links with banks for student loans?
Yes. Currently we have links with Punjab National Bank, Indian Bank and HDFC Credila. Applicants need to visit the branches of these banks directly with Admissions offer letters (if offered admissions in any campus of IMT) to avail the loan facilities.
Please check following link for contact details: Education / Study Loan
26. When will the CT-GE-PI shortlist be out?