Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad
Shalini Rahul Tiwari
Area: Strategy, Innovation and Entrepreneurship
PhD: Management Development Institute (MDI), Gurgaon.
Master of Business Administration (MBA), Agra University.
B.Sc. St. John’s College, Agra University.
FDPM from Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Ahmedabad, 2000 – 2001
Entrepreneurship and Business Development in India
Strategies for Emerging Markets
Strategy Development and Implementation
Knowledge Based View of Firms
Organizational Learning and knowledge Management
Networks and Competitiveness
Books Published/Under Process
- Title of the book – ‘Dynamics of knowledge integration – Study of a large network’
ISBN no. 978-3-8454-0539-1, published by LAMBERT Academic Publishing, Germany, September
- Title of the book – ‘Innovative Management Education Pedagogies for Preparing Next-Generation
Leaders’, In Process (expected by October 2015), to be published by IGI Global,
Papers Published/Under Review
- Tiwari, S. R. ‘Indigene – Is small beautiful?’ The Case Centre, Reference no. 815-041-1, 2015.
- Shalini Rahul Tiwari and Rakesh Chopra, (2015), ‘Pukar – An Alice in Wonderland’,
Emerald Emerging Markets Case Studies, vol. 5 issue 2, pp 1-20.
- Tiwari Shalini R. and Nafees L. ‘Akshamaala (A), (B), and (C)’ (Under Review), Ivey
- Tiwari Shalini Rahul. (2015) - (www.wileyonlinelibrary.com) DOI:10.1002/kpm.1460)
‘Knowledge Integration in a Government-Industry project network in India’, Knowledge
and Process Management Journal, vol. 22 no. 1, pp. 11-21, Wiley Publishing, 2015.
- Tiwari Shalini R. and Kainth J. (2014) ‘Malaysia Airlines: In search of a sustainable
business model’, vol.4 no. 7, Emerging Markets Case Studies, Emerald.
- Tiwari Shalini R., Nafees L. & Krishnan O., ‘Simulation as a pedagogical tool: Measurement
of impact on perceived effective learning’, The International Journal of Management
Education, Vol. 12, 2014, Elsevier.
- Kainth J, Tiwari S.R. and Nafees L. ‘Creativa India (CI): Striving to lead the digital
marketing landscape’, The Case Centre, Reference No. 314-136-1, 2014.
- Tiwari Shalini R. and Gupta R. (2012) ‘Dynamics of Knowledge Integration in Project
Network’, International Journal of Business & Economics, Vol. 11, no. 2 2012.
- Tiwari Shalini R. and Chopra R. (2012) ‘Bata India Limited – Putting the best foot
forward…’, ECCH, 2012
- Gurubuxani N. and Tiwari S.R. (2012) ‘Redefining Modern Indian Men – An insightful
study of their attitudes and behavior’, IOSR Journal of Business and Management,
Vol. 6, no. 1, 2012
- Rahul, S. (2010) ‘Transforming an Ugly Duckling – CISCOM’, International Journal
of Management Cases, volume 12, issue 1.
- Rahul, S. and Rahul, M. (2009), ‘An assessment of the competitiveness of the BRICS
nations with special focus on India’, Abhigyaan, volume 17, no. 1, April – June,
2009, pp. 28 – 43.
- Rahul, S. (2010), ‘Organizational Change through Effective Leadership – A case study
of a government organization’, IIUM journal of Management Cases, volume 1, issue
- Rahul, S., Rahul M. and Sahay A. (2008) ‘A Cluster Initiative to developing tourism
in India’, Optimization – Journal of Management Research, Volume 1, no.2, 2008.
- Rahul S. and Rahul, M. (2008), ‘Determinants of network learning: A conceptual Study’,
Management Dynamics, vol.7, no.2, 2008.
- Rahul S., Kalra S. and Sahay, A. (2007) ‘Entrepreneurial Characteristics and Motivation:
A Study Of Entrepreneurs in NCR Region’, Effulgence, Vol. 5 No 2 July – Dec 2007.
- Rahul, S and Gupta, R. (2007), ‘From Organizational Learning to a Learning Organization
– Journey of a Public Sector Organization’, GMJ, vol.1, issue 2, July 2007.
- Rahul S. and Rahul, M. (2003) ‘Management Perspective in 2010’, Pragyaan - Journal
of Management and IT, issue 1, vol. 1, 2003.
Chapters in Books
- Tiwari, S.R. ‘A promenade down the memory boulevard,’ Qualitative Adventures in
Management Research: Philosophy, Experiences and Research. Rajen K. Gupta and Richa
Awasthy (Eds). Sage Publications (2014).
- Bhandari J., Rahul M. and Tiwari Shalini R. ‘Regional Economic Imbalances, Business
and FDI in India’ in Promoting Socio-Economic Development through Business Integration
eds. Shalini Kalia, Bhavna Bhalla, Lipi Das and Neeraj Awasthy, IGI Global, USA.
- Mishra A., Joshi D. and Tiwari S. R. (2012), ‘Unrelated Diversification: How Green
and Efficient it is? A study of conglomerates and unrelated diversification.’ In
Beyond Norms: Strategies for Excellence, eds. Chopra et al, published by Bloomsbury
Publishing India Pvt. Ltd. In 2012.
- Tiwari Shalini R. et al (2013), ‘Exploring Performance, Quality & Sustainability
issues of SHG’s in India’ In Sustainability & Development: Paradigm Shift in Knowledge
Creation and Innovation, eds. Singh A. et al, published by Bloomsbury Publishing
India Pvt. Ltd.
- Rahul S. and Rahul M. ‘Case Analysis on TI Cycles’, Vikalpa - Journal for Decision
Makers, IIM-Ahmedabad, vol. 30, no. 2, July 2005.
- Rahul S. and Rahul M. ‘Case Analysis on Naukri.com’, Vikalpa - Journal for Decision
Makers, IIM-Ahmedabad, vol. 30, no. 4, July 2005.
- Rahul S. and Rahul M. ‘Case Analysis on IT in Indian Railways’, Vision, Journal
for Management, MDI Gurgaon, 2007.
- Rahul S. and Rahul M. ‘Case Analysis on Planet Health’, Vikalpa - Journal for Decision
Makers, IIM-Ahmedabad, vol. 32, no. 2, July 2007.
- Rahul S. and Rahul M. ‘Case Analysis on Enercon India: Project Planning’, Vikalpa
- Journal for Decision Makers, IIM-Ahmedabad, vol. 32, no.3, July-September 2007.
Papers Presented in International and National Conferences
Conferences Attended Abroad
- Rahul S., Nafees L, and Krishnan O. Paper titled, ‘Simulation as a pedagogical tool:
Measurement of Impact on perceived effective learning’, presented at 27th ANZAM
Conference, held at Hobart, Tasmania, Australia, December 4 – 6, 2013.
- Rahul, S. and Saxena, KBC., Paper titled ‘A prescriptive model of KI in a smart
business network’ 2nd Smart Business Network Initiative, Beijing, China. A 5-day
workshop having an academic and business orientation, 17 – 23 May 2008.
- Rahul, S. and Sahay, A., Paper titled ‘Strategic Integration of knowledge in a Business
Network: towards a conceptual understanding’, 45th Conference of the ‘Eastern Academy
of Management’, Washington, USA, 14 – 16 May 2008.
- Rahul, S and Gupta, R., Paper titled ‘ Strategic Learning in a Public Sector Organization
– A Case study’ 12th Asia Pacific Management Conference – Managing Competitiveness
in Knowledge Economy, Asian Institute of Technology, 17 – 19 November 2006, Thailand.
Conferences attended in India
- Paper presented ‘Strategic integration of knowledge in a business network: A triadic
study’ 1st Doctoral Colloquium, IIM Ahmedabad, 3 – 5 January 2008
- Made presentation on ‘Advantage India – pertinent questions’ Issues in Emerging
Economies, IP University, 13 – 14, November 2007.
- Paper titled ‘Organizational learning and knowledge management at STAR’, 11th International
Conference on Productivity and quality Research (ICPQR), IIT Delhi, 3 – 5 December
- Presented ‘India shining – dream or reality’, National Conference on Emerging issues
in Asia pacific economies, November 2007, IP University, New Delhi
- Paper titled ‘Evolution of Management thoughts and ideas’, International Conference
on “Advances in Management and IT”, November 2003, IMS Dehradun
- National Conference and Workshop on communication for teachers, December 2000, IIM
- International Conference on ‘Poverty Reduction through Tourism’, November 20-22,
2008; Management Development Institute, Gurgaon, Haryana.
Select FDPs Attended
- Program on ‘Succeeding in Emerging and Developing Markets: Understanding how Institutions Impact Firms and Managers’ at George Washington University June 9 – 12, 2015.
- Program on ‘Blue Ocean Strategy’ at Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode: May
18 – 22, 2015.
- Program on ‘Engaged Learning – Motivation, Motivation Models and Methods’ at Institute
of Management Technology, Ghaziabad: January 31 – February 1, 2014 conducted by
Prof. Jagdip Singh, Case Western Reserve University, USA.
- Program on ‘Structured Equation Modeling’ at Institute of Management Technology,
Ghaziabad: May 16 – 17, 2013.
- Program on ‘International Business Strategies’ at Indian Institute of Foreign Trade,
New Delhi: June 24 – 28, 2013 conducted by Prof. K. Rangarajan.
- Program on ‘Doing Business in China’ at Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad:
July 22 – 25, 2013 conducted by Prof. Birud Sindhav, University of Nebraska, USA.
Consultancy and Training (MDP) Experience
Consultancy Assignments for the following organizations –
- Dr. Lal’s Pathology – Feasibility Analysis for a stem cell research institute and
- Dawar’s – Feasibility Analysis for international Marketing.
- Sachdeva Management Institute – Feasibility and Establishment of a Management Institute.
MDP’s have been organized and/or delivered as follows -
- Senior and Middle Level Officers of EIL – Strategic Thinking
- Senior and Middle level Officers at IOCL – Strategic thinking and Analysis.
- Probationary Officers (Indian administrative services and Allied services) – Strategic
- AMDOCS – Strategic Thinking
- PWD Employees – Basics of Strategy
- NIIT Imperia – Course on Strategic Management, Strategic Thinking, & Strategic Change.
- Officers from Indian Armed Forces – course on Strategic Management.
- Managers from MSME organizations – Strategizing for Success
Involvement in Other Academic activities
- Reviewer to various International Conferences such as Academy of Management Conference,
USA; Eastern Academy of Management, USA; ICBMR, ICKM, ICPQR.
- Reviewer to various national journals and 2 international journals.
- Organized conferences and case study competitions.
- Member Strategic Management Society, USA.
- Life time Member Case Research Society of India.
- Life time Member of Indian Institute of Public Administration, IIPA New Delhi
- Member of American Marketing Association.
- Life member of Delhi Management Association, DMA New Delhi
- Professional Member of All India Management Association.
- Member of Eastern Academy of Management.
- Institute of Management Technology Ghaziabad, August 2010 to Till Date
- Institute of Management Studies, Cantt Road, Dehradun, Uttranchal, India, 2002-2004
- Amity Business School, Noida, India, 2001-2002
- Sharda University (Hindustan Instt. Of Management and Computer Studies), Agra, Uttar
Pradesh, India, 1998-2000
- Academy of Management Education, Agra, UP, India, 1996-1998
- Nestle India, positioned at Agra, 1995-1996
Achievements and Awards
- Awarded the prestigious ‘Dewang Mehta Award’ for the Best Teacher in General and
- Completed Participant Centered Learning (Part 1) course – conducted by Harvard Business