Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad
Ph.D., Texas Tech University, 1985
D.I.T., Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, 1978
B.Tech., Indian Institute of Technology, 1975
Advanced Analytical Methods for Generalizing Research
Applied Multivariate Data Analysis
Designing Effective Interfaces between Organizations and Consumers, Dynamics of
Trust and Value in Market Networks, and Pragmatic Learning in Organizational Frontlines
and Consumer Communities
Research and Publications
- Ye, J., Marinova, D., Singh, J. (2012). Bottom-up Learning in Marketing Frontlines:
Conceptualization, Processes, and Consequences (vol. 40, issue November, pp. 821-844).
Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science.
- Singh, J., Lentz, P., Nijssen, E. (2011). First and Second Order Effects of Consumers’
Institutional Logics on Relationship Marketing Mechanisms: A Cross-Market Comparative
Analysis (vol. 42, issue 2, pp. 307-333). Journal of International Business Studies.
- Jayanti, R., Singh, J. (2010). Pragmatic Learning Theory: An Inquiry-Action Framework
for Distributive Consumer Learning in Online Communities (vol. 36 (April), pp. 1058-1081).
Journal of Consumer Research.
- Cardon, M., Wincent, J., Singh, J., Drnovsek, M. (2009). The Nature and Experience
of Entrepreneurial Passion (vol. 34, issue 3, pp. 511-532). Academy of Management
- Marinova, D., Ye, J., Singh, J. (2008). Do Frontline Mechanisms Matter? Impact of
Quality and Productivity Orientations on Unit Revenue, Efficiency and Customer Satisfaction
(vol. 72 (March), pp. 28-45). Journal of Marketing.
- Ye, J., Marinova, D., Singh, J. (2007). Strategic Change Implementation and Performance
Loss in the Front Lines (vol. 71 (October), pp. 156-171). Journal of Marketing.
- Cutler, L., Silvers, J., Singh, J., Tsai, A., Radcliffe, D. (2005). Physician Decisions
to Discontinue Long-Term Medications Using a Two Stage Framework: The Case of Growth
Hormone Therapy (vol. 43, 12 ed., pp. 1185-1193). Medical Care.
- Cron, W., Marshall, G., Singh, J., Spiro, R., Sujan, H. (2005). Salesperson Selection,
Training and Development: Trends, Implications and Research Opportunities (vol.
25, 2 ed., pp. 123-136). Journal of Personal Selling and Sales Management, 25th
- Agustin, C., Singh, J. (2005). Curvilinear Effects of Consumer Loyalty Determinants
in Relational Exchanges (vol. 42 (February), pp. 96-108). Journal of Marketing Research.
- Singh, J., Cuttler, L., Silvers, J. (2004). Toward Understanding Consumers' Role
in Medical Decisions for Emerging Treatments: Issues, Framework, and Hypotheses
(vol. 57, issue 9, pp. 1054-1065). Journal of Business Research.
- Singh, J., Jayanti, R. When Institutional Work Backfires: Organizational Control
of Professional Work in the Pharmaceutical Industry Journal of Management Studies,
Special Issue Professions and Institutions.
- Niraj, R. (Presenter & Author), Singh, J. 6th Great Lakes - NASMEI conference, "Revenue
Impact of Positivity Ratio of User Generated Reviews", Great Lakes Institute of
Management and North American Society for Marketing Education in India (NASMEI),
Chennai, India. (2012).
- Singh, J. (AMA), "Navigating the Last Mile: JIBS 0691-2008-08", Doctoral Consortium,
Frontiers in Service Marketing, (2012).
- Daniels, R. (Presenter & Author), Singh, J. (Author Only), Berente, N. T. (Author
Only) Academy of Management, "Dare to Build Trust in Times of Distrust: Findings
from Banking, Healthcare and Retailing Industries", AoM, Montreal. (2010).
- Singh, J. (Presenter & Author) Academy of International Business Conference, "Developing
Intermediate Constructs for International Comparative Research", AIB, (2010).
- Singh, J. Academy of Marketing Science, "When the Twain Meets: Scholarship at the
Intersection of Theory and Practice", AMS, Portland, Oregon. (2010).
- Singh, J. Faculty and Doctoral Seminar Presentation, "Navigating the Last Mile",
Weatherhead School of Management, Cleveland, OH. (2009).
- Zummersch, M. (Presenter & Author), Singh, J. (Author Only), Lynn, L. H. (Author
Only), , . Academy of Management 2009 Annual Meetings, "Fits like a glove and on
time: Why some innovation teams are more effective", Academy of Manaagement, (2009).
- Singh, J. AMA Winter Educators Conference, "Agency and Trust Mechanisms in Sales
Management", AMA, (2009).
- Singh, J. Sheth Foundation Doctoral Consortium, "Customer Connectivity and Organizational
Frontlines", AMA, Atlanta, GA. (2009).
Academic and Professional Activities
- Academy of International Business. 2007 - Present
- Editorial Review Board Member, Journal of Marketing, 2008 - Present
- Editorial Review Board Member, Journal of Service Research, 2007 - Present
- Editorial Review Board Member, Journal of the Retailing, 2002 - Present
- Editorial Review Board Member, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 1997
- Editorial Review Board Member, Journal of Personal Selling and Sales Management,
1993 - Present
- Doctoral Consortium Faculty Fellow, AMA-Sheth Foundation. (2011).
- Excellence in Doctoral Teaching & Mentoring Award, Weatherhead School of Management.
- Outstanding Reviewer Award, Journal of Retailing. (2005).
- Outstanding Reviewer Award, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science. (2002).
- Research Recognition Award for Excellence in Research, Weatherhead School of Management,
Case Western Reserve University. (1997).
- Outstanding Reviewer Award, Journal of Marketing. (1996).
- John S. Diekhoff Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching, Case Western Reserve