Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad
Arif Billah Dar
Area: Economic Environment and Policy
Ph.D, Pondicherry University
M.phil: Pondicherry University
UGC (NET) Economics
MA (Economics) University of Kashmir
Macroeconomics, Managerial Economics, International Trade and Finance, Economic Policies and regulatory environment in India
Empirical Macroeconomics, Financial Economics
Editorial Board Member
Journal of Risk and Control
Research and Publications
- “Do global financial crises validate assertions of Fractal Market hypothesis?” (with Bhanja N and Tiwari AK) Forthcoming International Economics and Economic Policy (Springer) DOI: 10.1007/s10368-015-0332-0
- “Frequency based co-movement of inflation in selected euro area countries” (with Bhanja N and Tiwari AK) Journal of Business cycle Measurement and Analysis 8,1-13 (2015)
- “Exchange rate and stock price relationship: A wavelet analysis for India” (with Bhanja N and Tiwari AK) Indian Economic Review 1, 125-142
- A Historial Analysis of US Stock Price Index using Empirical Mode Decomposition over 1791-2015 (with Tiwari AK, Bhanja N and Gupta R) Economics-The open Access, open Assessment E journal 10, 2016-9.
- “The Beauty of Gold is, it Loves Bad News”: Evidence from Three Major Gold Consumers
(with Bhanja, N) Economic Change and Restructuring DOI 10.1007/s10644-015-9160-z
- “Stock returns and inflation in Pakistan” (With Tiwari, A.,., Bhanja, N., Arouri,
M., Teulon, F ) Economic Modelling 47 (2015) 23–31 (Elsevier)
- “The relationship between stock prices and exchange rates in Asian markets: A wavelet
based correlation and quantile regression approach”. (with Shah, A., Niyati, B.,
Samantaraya,) South Asian Journal of Global Business Research 01/2014; 3(2) (Emerald)
- “In search of leading indicator property of yield spread for India”: Evidence form
quantile and wavelet based regression (with Shah F A) Vol: 2015 AID, 308567 Economics
- “Exchange Rate and Monetary Fundamentals: Long run Relationship Revisited” (with
Bhanja, N., Tiwari A K.) PANOECONOMICUS, 2015, Vol. 62, Issue 1, pp. 33-54.
- “Uncertainty co-movement in Major European Countries”. (with Niyati Bhanja and Tiwari
A K)Theoretical Economics Letters, 2015, 5, 256-261.
- “Are Eurozone Fixed Income Markets Integrated? An Analysis Based on Wavelet Multiple
Correlation and Cross Correlation”. (with Shah, F A) Economics Research International.
Vol: 2014 AID: 219652 .
- “Inflation-Industrial growth nexus in India-A revisit through continuous wavelet
transform” with (Niyati Bhanja and Aviral Kumar Tiwari) Central Bank Review, vol.
14 (May 2014), pp. 1-11.
- “Analyzing Time-Frequency Relationship between Share Prices and Exchange Rates in
India: Evidence from Continuous Wavelets” with (Farid Ul Islam, Niyati Bhanja and
Aviral Kumar Tiwari) Empirical Economics DOI 10.1007/s00181-014-0800-3
- “Scale specific volatility and co-movement behaviour of Asian and US stock markets:
Is this time different? ” With (Niyati Bhanja and Aviral Kumar Tiwari) Journal of
Economic and Financial Modelling, JEFM (2014) Vol.2, pp.42-55, ISSN 2322 – 0511.
- “The predictive power of yield spread: Evidence from wavelets” (With Amaresh Samantaraya
and F. A. Shah) Empirical Economics (2014) 46:887-901. DOI 10.1007/s00181-013-0705-6.
- “Revisiting Doctrine of Purchasing Power Parity Theory through Quantile Regression
and Wavelets” with (Niyati Bhanja and Amaresh Samantaraya) ICFAI Journal of Applied
Economics. Vol.13, No.1, 2014.
- “Analyzing time-frequency based co-movement in inflation-Evidence from G-7 countries”
With (Aviral Kumar Tiwari, Niyati Bhanja and Olaolu Richard Olayeni) Computational
Economics/ (2013) DOI 10.1007/s10614-013-9408-5.
- “Unit root with structural breaks in Macroeconomic time series: Evidence from Pakistan”
With (Aviral kumar Tiwari and Niyati Bhanja) Journal of Economic and Financial Modelling.
JEFM (2013) Vol.1, pp.38-48, ISSN 2322 – 0511
- “Output synchronization at Business, Juglar and Kuznet’s intermediate Cycles- Evidence
from G-7 Countries” With (Niyati Bhanja) Journal of Economic and Financial Modelling,
JEFM (2013) Vol.1,pp.29-37, ISSN 2322 – 0511
- “Exchange Rate Volatility and Export Growth: Post Reform Experience of India” With
(Niyati Bhanja and Amaresh Samantarya) Indian Journal of Finance, 7(9), 27 – 35
- “Export led Growth or Growth led Export Hypothesis In India: Evidence based on time
Frequency approach” (Niyati Bhanja, Amaresh Samantaraya and Aviral Kumar Tiwari)
Asian Economic and Financial Review, 2013,3 (7); 869-880.
- “Stock Market Integration in Asian Countries: Evidence from Wavelet Multiple Correlation
and Cross-correlation.” With (Niyati Bhanja, Aasif Shah and Aviral Kumar Tiwari)
Journal of Economic Integration, Vol.28 No.3, September 2013, 441~456
- “Oil price and Exchange rates: A Wavelet Based Analysis for India” With (Aviral
Kumar Tiwari and Niyati Bhanja) Economic Modelling 31 (2013) 414–422
- “Doctrine of purchasing power parity- An Analysis Based on cointegration and wavelet
analysis” With (Niyati Bhanja and Amaresh Samantaraya) IOSR Journal of Humanities
and Social Science (IOSR-JHSS) e-ISSN: 2279-0837, p-ISSN: 2279-0845. Volume 7, Issue
4 (Jan. - Feb. 2013), PP 19-27
- “Are Stock prices Hedge against Inflation? A re-visit over time and frequencies
in India” With (Niyati Bhanja, Aviral Kumar Tiwari and Olaolu Richard Olayeni) Central
European journal of Economic Modeling and Econometrics, 4: 199-213 (2012), Polish
Academy of Sciences.
- An empirical analysis of Inflation dynamics in India: Stylized facts and selected
Issues” With (Amaresh Samantaraya and Niyati Bhanja) A compendium of essays in Applied
Econometrics - Selected Proceedings of 3rd International conference on Applied Econometrics
(ICAE-111) IBS Hyderabad Paramount Publishing, Essay 9 (2012) pp.111-123, ISBN 978-93-82163-71-8.
- Yield spread as a leading indicator of economic activity” (Amaresh Samantaraya and
Niyati Bhanja) A compendium of essays in Applied Econometrics – Selected Proceedings
of 3rd International conference on Applied Econometrics IBS Hyderabad (ICAE-111)
Paramount Publishing, Essay 7 (2012) pp.94-101, ISBN 978-93-82163-71-8
Working and Discussion papers:
- A Historial Analysis of US Stock Price Index using Empirical Mode Decomposition over 1791-2015 (with Tiwari AK, Bhanja N and Gupta R) Discussion paper Economics E, Kiel Institute for the World Economy
- Stock returns and Inflation in Pakistan. With ( Frédéric Teulon, Mohamed Arouri,
Aviral Kumar Tiwari and Niyati Bhanja) Working Paper 2014-108, Department of Research
IPAG Busianess School 184, Boulevard Saint-Germain 75006 Paris France. Available
- Interlinkage between Real Exchange rate and Current Account Behaviours: Evidence
from India. With (Frédéric Teulon, Mohamed Arouri, Aviral Kumar Tiwari and Niyati
Bhanja) Working Paper 2014-088, Department of Research IPAG Busianess School 184,
Boulevard Saint-Germain 75006 Paris France. Available at: Department of Research
IPAG Busianess School 184, Boulevard Saint-Germain 75006 Paris France. Available
- “Gold as a hedge and safe haven: Evidence from India, China and the US” 52nd Annual Conference of the Indian Econometric Society (TIES) held during 4-6 January 2016 at IIM Kozhikode Kerala India
- “Is China a Safe Haven for Asian Tigers” 3rd PAN IMM World Management Conference held at IIM Indore India in December 2015.
- “The beauty of gold is, it loves bad news: Evidence from three major gold consumers” International conference, jointly organised by Indian council of Social Science Research at Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University in August 2014.
- “Do Global Financial Crises Validate assertions of Fractal Market Hypothesis” International conference, jointly organised by Indian council of Social Science Research at Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University in August 2014.
- “A Frequency Based Approach of the Yield Spread as a Leading Indicator of Economic
Activity” 49th Annual Conference of Indian Econometric Society Organized by Department
of Economics Patna University Patna Bihar India; 09-11 January 2013.
- “Wavelet Based Prediction of growth and Inflation with Yield Spread” 12th Consortium
of Students in Management Research (COSMAR-12) Organized by The Department of Management
Studies, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore Karnataka India; 16-17 November
- “Yield Spread as a Leading Indicator of Economic Activity In India- Evidence from
Time Scales” 3- Day National Conference on Contemporary Issues in Business, Management
and Finance (CIBMF-2012) organized by Department of business and Financial Studies
University of Kashmir Jammu and Kashmir India; 21-23 September 2012.
- “Exchange Rate Volatility and Export Growth: Post reform Experience of India” 3-
Day National Conference on Contemporary Issues in Business, Management and Finance
(CIBMF-2012) organized by Department of business and Financial Studies University
of Kashmir Jammu and Kashmir India; 21-23 September 2012.
- “Yield Spread as a leading Indicator of economic Activity” 3rd International Conference
on Applied Econometrics (ICAE-11) Organized by IBS Hyderabad in collaboration with
the Indian Econometric Society New Delhi India; 16-17 December, 2011.
- “An Empirical Analysis of Inflation Dynamics in India-Stylized Facts and Selected
Issues” 3rd International Conference on Applied Econometrics (ICAE-11) organized
by IBS Hyderabad in collaboration with the Indian Econometric Society New Delhi
India; 16-17 December, 2011.
- Arif Billah Dar (2010), “Does Monetary Policy React to Financial Market Risk in
India?” 46th Annual Conference of The Indian Econometric Society (TIES) held at
Department of Economics, University of Jammu, Jammu India; 04-06 March-2010.
Assistant Professor, IMT Ghaziabad, June 2014-till date
Academic Associate, IRMA Anand Gujarat Dec. 2013 – June 2014